Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Evolution - Remastered Turn 3 - WIN!...but mostly fail... - 1 Spot Open  (Read 16006 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution - Remastered. Join as a deity!!! Turn 1 - The Global Exodus
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2009, 06:53:38 am »

Name: Tsunn
Major sphere: Earth
Minor sphere: Sand, more specific than Earth, mostly creating deserts, eroding stuff.
Weakness: Tsun makes his changes slowly and broadly, and can be combatted by a god who takes a more active role in creation. (Large area affection, small change.)

Action: Tsunn shall create some vibrations in the general area of the Ant People, hoping that they recognise him and know of his presence.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2009, 06:55:13 am »

Dammit gods, stop having spheres vaguely related to my creatures!  :P
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2009, 07:00:58 am »

Dammit gods, stop having spheres vaguely related to my creatures!  :P
I was going to influence you, but you were more related to Keelat.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2009, 07:05:17 am »

Now that we control our little island the Zaniah community will work on improving their little huts and try to develop some decent construction skills.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2009, 07:09:26 am »

Edited, added an expansion move, but in water, so I'm trying to see if my expansion penalty still applies when not expanding into forest.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2009, 10:29:47 am »

Hmmn.

The elder colony, the one known as the 'queen' was unhappy. Throughout it's tunnels, ants died as it tried to understand what was going on. This would not do. It gathered a cluster of ants into a chamber, and let them think. It thought, and thought that bigger thought-clusters could tackle bigger problems. So the thought cluster grew until the queen could understand why the expanding colonies failed to survive.

>Think. Thinking not working? Think more.
Long Live United Forenia!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2009, 10:37:43 am »

Pssh, copycat.  :P

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2009, 11:15:22 am »

Shikogan,

You never answered the question on if rank 2 was 3ep (from your post) or 5ep (from stacking rank 1 and rank 2). Myself and Siquo both used the first system, Duke I have no idea has he didn't put any numbers down and the other three players used the second system.

From the turn update I see ranks I expected to be 2 being 1 do you want me to alter my species now that it's obvious your using the second system?
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2009, 11:51:27 am »

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T TALK TO BACTERIA?"

"...im sorry but they don't know how to talk...it's rather shocking you know..."

"THIS WAS SUPPPOSED TO BE FUN! AM I HAVING FUN?"

"um...no..."

"WELL I NEED TO START HAVING FUN!"

"okayokay...there's a couple of ants, they know how to speak, i'll speak to them"

"GOOD!"

ACTION:
Establish an embassy at D-6, and start getting followers with the Ant People.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2009, 02:24:34 pm »

I attempt to contact the Zaniah.

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2009, 07:01:29 pm »

okay just hang on i just woke up, and i have classes so give me a bit and i'll get the EP up and yeah rank 2 is 5 EP
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2009, 01:13:28 am »

[Night.Exist]
[Entity.Large]
[Entity.Large~Touch.Motion]
[Entity.Large~Touch.Motion]
[Entity.Large~Health-]
[Entity.Large~Health-]
[Entity.Large~Health-]
Action:[Emit]
Emit:[Aversion]
[Entity.Large~Health-]
[Entity.Large=NotAverted]
Action:[Emit]
Emit:[Aversion]
[Entity.Large=NotAverted]
[Entity.Large~Health-]

Creatures. Everywhere. The Yrb did not know where they came from, only that they were death given flesh. There was no time to retreat, no time to hide; no time for anything before death was upon them. Only a few Yrbles escaped the carnage, managing to return to the heartlands and warn their brethren.

In the months to follow, each and every Yrble was fully occupied with one thing: finding a way to beat back the approaching horde. Eventually, two ideas were settled on, both of which hinged on developing new 'organs.' One involved somehow lighting large stretches of forest whenever the creatures approached, since they only ever came at night and seemed to dislike the sun. The other was based on finding a way to emit sleeping gas in order to incapacitate the horde, after which they could be slowly consumed by the Yrb's normal digestive process. Sleeping gas was not unknown to the Yrb: there was, in fact, a species of animal in the forest which used a similar method to deter predators.

It was the general consensus among the Yrb that both methods were possible: after all, they had managed to create arrangements of neural colonies which allowed them to sense things they had never dreamed of. Surely this could be accomplished as well?

Attempt to develop bioluminescence and the ability to release sleeping gas.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2009, 04:20:06 am »

Oulatahe awakens from his long sleep, stirring the primal forces of nature
He looks upon the world
Procreation, consumption, death! A true feast for all
MY misbegotten children, they no longer speak through me, but to each other
Traitor thoughts
All must suffer to survive
the Yrb...speak with me again

Actions:
Attempt to Contact Yrb
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2009, 08:12:59 am »

Edited, added an expansion move, but in water, so I'm trying to see if my expansion penalty still applies when not expanding into forest.

So how do you plan for your creatures to survive in the water? they don't have gills and nor can they build rafts so how.

anywho after my 8am lecture tomorrow i have like 4 hours free so i can add EP then right now i need sleep. Damn assignments.
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2009, 08:43:10 am »

See the "amphibious" trait they got in creation. They've got low land and low water movement, as pseudopods can be either legs or fins.

They have no lungs either, breathing is done through the membrane, and water or air matters not.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13