Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Evolution - Remastered Turn 3 - WIN!...but mostly fail... - 1 Spot Open  (Read 15966 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution - Remastered. Join as a deity!!!
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2009, 11:29:22 pm »

Lack of mountains?

I blow together a mountain at I-11(or is it H-11?),just because I can.(wait I have no followers,so maybe I can't!)

BTW:where did you get Shades's race?Did he PM it?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 11:36:54 pm by SHAD0Wdump »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2009, 02:43:55 am »

Start at C-5

Yeah, that's all I have to say.
Long Live United Forenia!

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2009, 04:35:33 am »

Two actions, eh?

Cool rain spattered down upon the forest, dripping through the thick canopy as heavy droplets to crash upon the leaf-strewn floor.  Nestled amongst the leaves, hidden by them in places, mats of dull cream fungus lay digesting the fallen leaf matter over a period of hours.  Small furry creatures scuttered along the floor, occasionally picking up a fallen nut or berry and munching on it before scurrying onwards in search of more food.  The everpresent chatter of insects filled the ears of the creatures, though they were long since used to the noise.

All this could be witnessed by any who ventured here, but amidst this arboreal paradise ran a stream of silent thought.  Raindrops splattered upon the fungal mats.

[Object.Small++++]
[Motion++]
[Object.Small++++.Motion++~Touch.Motion]
[Wet]
Define:[Object.Small++++.Motion++.Wet]
Define:[Rain]
[Rain.Exist]

Yrb was struggling to understand the world. Just months before, it had thought that everything there was could be described with [Touch] and [Touch.Motion]. Its reaction to what its new sensory nodes observed could inaccurately be described as surprise, but was more akin to the sensation of uncertainty which comes with a completely novel experience.

Occasionally, while snuffling along the forest floor, a small furry mammal would try to nibble at a patch of fungus. This was nothing new: in fact, it was the main reason the Yrb had not covered the forest floor entirely. However, it was the first time that it had perceived what was actually happening.

[Object.Conscious.Motion+]
Define:[Object.Conscious.Motion+]
Define:[Entity]
[Entity.Small~Touch]
[Entity.Small~Health-]

As the creature chewed, Yrb had a revelation. It sensed a certain quality within the object - a quality which it could manipulate.

Action: [Emit]
Emit: [Aversion]
[Entity.Small=Averted]

The small furry mammal wrinkled its nose and turned away.  It did not taste unpleasant, but for some reason it felt unwise to eat.

All across the fungal mats, Yrb celebrated - or came as close to celebration as it could manage, at least. This newfound ability would allow it to spread further than it had ever dreamed of.

Expand into B-15 and C-15.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2009, 04:59:24 am »

BTW:where did you get Shades's race?Did he PM it?

I did, but I actually wanted an answer to this question before posting it

To go up in a rank for an ability it takes 2 EP to get to rank 1, 3 EP for rank 2, 6 EP for rank 3, 8 for rank 4, and 10 for rank 5.

Just to check this as I notice some people have counted it as a total cost (including me) and others as a cost for each step (so it would total 5ep for rank 2 and 9ep for rank 3... etc)

However I will start in either e or f 9, whichever the forrest square on that island is. I really can't read this map at all, there appear to be 2 more letters than their are rows, or possibly 6 less letters than their are rows.

What is the scope of an 'action'
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2009, 07:00:55 am »

A deer runs through the forest, and suddenly stops. A strange smell halted it, but there is no predator in sight. Tentatively, it walks onward, and then freezes, unable to move. A green blob drops from the trees, and engulfs the deer, slowly dissolving it. It has grown a lot. Being able to assimilate larger animals from the trees is helpful. It splits into two. The two climb trees again. Soon most of the Amos know that climbing and waiting is a good tactic.

Gain ability to use pseudopods to climb trees to get more food and grow more quickly, expand to H3.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2009, 05:35:50 am »

okay seeing as i have classes for most of tomorrow, i may have the first turn done by around 5 for me. my time is GMT +10 for those of you who want to work out what time that is for you.
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2009, 10:10:52 am »

Single Action:
--Set up an Embassy at C-15, so as to recruit followers to assist the Alliance.

Sorry, I got some schoolwork to do, so that why the sparse action. You really can't do anything without followers, ya know?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2009, 11:46:36 am »

Set up colonies to the South and Southwest.

Also, wait what? Did the game start? Were we put on the map in the first post? I'm confused.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2009, 12:05:06 pm »

Actions:
Expand from C-13 into B-C-14 (as no B-14 or C-14 appears to actually exist...?)
Expand from C-13 into D-13.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2009, 12:54:37 pm »

Ah right. Actions.
Expand south and northeast.
Long Live United Forenia!

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2009, 05:37:44 am »

Turn 1

Creatures
Yrb –  Colonize C-15 and E-12
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Amo – Learn how to climb trees and ambush prey, and colonize P3

Volo – Colonize L-12 and K-11

Vine Runners – Colonize F-12 and E-13

Ant People – Colonize G-5 and D-6

Zaniah – Colonize J-8 and I-9

Deities
Keelat – Influence the Earth to Rise up and form a mountain.

RAMDEARDTTCATFOTRCBUPMWVAALR  – Set up and embassy in Yrblanea in an attempt to gain followers.

Oulatahe – Sleep

Map
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 06:28:06 am by Shikogan »
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution - Remastered. Join as a deity!!! Turn 1 - The Global Exodus
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2009, 05:39:43 am »

Is it still possible to join just now? As a diety?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2009, 06:06:38 am »

The Amo waited, and saw. The bigger prey allowed for bigger Amo. The bigger prey had bigger brains. One Amo had a thought, and wanted more thought. It ate other Amo, and refused to split. It grew bigger, and now the Amo were more numerous, it was fed by them as it grew. It could no longer move, for it was too large, but it was fed, and still it grew. It had more thoughts, as it ate more brains. Thoughts about life, the universe, and everything. Thoughts about survival. Thoughts about the things in the world that the memories of the eaten Amo brought it. It was fed nourishment, and experiences, and it thought about them.

Action: No idea what the thinking could give us, could be something in language, religion, shamanism, physics, chemistry, psionics, random. A few Amo saw food in the sea. They try their hand at swimming, and catching fish and shellfish, expand into M3.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 07:08:23 am by Siquo »

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2009, 06:29:29 am »

Cheetar - Yes
Siquo - I put the map up it's updated and i fixed all hexes so just go over it and edit your turn if you need to.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2009, 06:45:13 am »

Blarg, I meant to start in 10-P. Whatever. Those plains are mine.

The population at 12J decide to expand North, and the Volo look into improving their tools.

I'm not sure how we are supposed to evolve our creatures as we were not awarded EP.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13