Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Evolution - Remastered Turn 3 - WIN!...but mostly fail... - 1 Spot Open  (Read 15948 times)

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wimdit, I'm never going to be able to take the Yrb seriously because of that name.

Read your fluff out loud with a serious voice and face. Seriously. Try it.

I had no trouble doing that. At all. >_>

Anyway, even if they were named Giant Wumpledinglers or something I wouldn't change it. Because Iituem named them, and Iituem is awesome.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Hmm, in that case I'll have to recalculate some...

Edit: Done. Threw out language, they're telepaths after all. Extended their worldview a bit.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 04:47:22 am by Siquo »

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, I made a race. BUT. Having never played this before, I probably (read definitely) did something wrong, or at least worse than it could be. So please provide criticism. Doesn't have to be constructive.
Long Live United Forenia!

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile

Haha Nuke, did you intentionally make a rip-off of Nilocys Jhiar'd? Almost exactly the same, giant ants, soldier type society, tools, farming so many similarities lol. anywho yeah uum Siquo what's the bonus from strangle and also, for your Amorphous Body ability i've decided to make it so that it takes less EP to change body parts, growing arms, extra legs ect. pm me if you think we should alter it more. Oh and your creatures telepathy is mainly just "telling" the other general feelings, so no organization or conversing is really possible.
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

To be fair, giant ant things are not terribly original for the past 30 years. A very common idea.

Not that zerglings are any better...
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile

Yeah fair enough, just as soon as i saw giant ant people in my evolution game, i couldn't help it lol.
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

I have no idea about the combat bonuses, there were no examples in the excel file.
Could you come up with a balanced strangle/suffocate and acid combat modifier?

Basic telepathy is fine. Although quasi-intelligent, there is only the most basic idea of "individual", since being eaten by another Amo merges their minds and memories, so language is unnecessary. Reproduction is done similarly to mitosis and cytokinesis. Eating is done through phagocytosis (enveloping then, digesting). Leg/tail/fin/arm-like pseudopods can be formed at will. I'll be changing the gene-acquisition ability to memory-acquisition, the mind and memories of the victim are assimilated through eating, also of other species. This may (when it succeeds) allow them to "learn" new abilities.

These comments were added to general description on page 1.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 07:37:48 am by Siquo »

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile

yeah i've already done the acid bit i was just seeing if you had any specifics for strangling, i'll come up with some then, oh and are you cool with the changes to Amorphous Body? instead of the +movement bit? Yeah and on the telepathy they may start thinking of themselves as a larger entity later on with more ranks, but right now each one can only feel !!aggressive!! coming from another and they only pay attention to their own needs. This will change if you have heirarchy or more advanced telepathy, or tribal habits or something like that. But until then they think of themselves as a single being that has many differing memories.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Yeah, I can live with that, I'll change the telepathy part a bit to reflect its limitations. We are the many.

So you mean that the +1 move tail is removed, and becomes a +1 move in water and on land because we can form legs and fins and such? Or that I can take legs/tails etc separately but have to pay less EP for them? Both are fine with me.

Also, is the memory-acquisition fine? Since they currently lack any motivation to do R&D by themselves they might as well accumulate it second-hand. Also it tends to fail a lot. Learning how to keep insectcattle techniques from a farmer ant is useful, but we might as well learn about his secret crush on his fellow farmer ant. Which is less useful, I guess. Or we assimilate his erotic cross-species insectcattle-on-ant fantasies. Which could be useful. In a way.

Edit: Also, removed healing (Rank1) and increased Memory Acquisition and Psychic Prowess to (Rank2)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 08:10:48 am by Siquo »

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile

Or that I can take legs/tails etc separately but have to pay less EP for them? Both are fine with me.

Hit the nail on the head, and yeah memory aquisition is perfectly fine and yeah your creature is A OK now.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not giant ants.
READ IT, PEOPLES.
Sentient ant colonies, the ants are the same size (and intelligence) as ever.
Giant ants are silly. Why make giant ants? Do you have any idea why ants work?
They're like cells of the colony. The colony is the creature that wants to survive and breed. The ants are mere tools to the colony.
This applies to the race I just came up with. Which is based on my own weird musings about sentience. And not on any previous evolution game race.
Long Live United Forenia!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Don't let it sink before I get to blow wind in all your faces.

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile

Okay well i sent a pm to those people who still have to get creatures in, if they don't submit them within 24 hours i'm opening up their player spot, they can still play if they get their creature in before someone else does though but others will have a chance to replace them.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Making mine. What's this Excel 2007 failure? D:
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

I based the name of my creatures off of the Latin word for Speed, but I intended for them to have a name like Wind, because that is how fast they go.

Thus every deity appears to have something my creatures want and like. Crap.

Also, as far as I can tell, my creatures have the most environmental abilities. Hopefully once I buff some abilities(Like the legs all the way and land adaptation) I'll head straight to metallurgy.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13