Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Evolution - Remastered Turn 3 - WIN!...but mostly fail... - 1 Spot Open  (Read 15949 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution - Remastered. Turn 2 - The Thinkers Think...and Fail at it
« Reply #135 on: May 05, 2009, 07:58:25 am »

Cheeetar didn't use any EP and I own a species.
I think it's just a mix up. On account of my frequent references to The Earth Lord Cheetar and His worship.
Long Live United Forenia!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2009, 10:07:26 am »

Moving onto converting the Vine Runners now.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 06, 2009, 03:12:14 am »

Awe. It was something the Yrb had never felt before, but they felt it now. Their brief struggle with the predators in the darkness had come to the attention of a mighty presence, so far above them as to be completely inscrutable. Yet through it, they felt an inalienable connection with the creatures around them. They came to understand the workings of the food chain: how one organism would kill and eat another for its own benefit, and then be killed and eaten by those higher up in the chain. Perhaps more importantly, they also came to realize how low they were on this chain, and how vulnerable. Should other predators appear, the Yrb would essentially be at their mercy.

The entity which had contacted the Yrb set to them a challenge. It saw in them potential, but it was as yet unrealized. Indeed, it was only through luck that any Yrb in the heartwoods had survived the invasion. It challenged them to find a way to defend themselves properly.

The Yrb were practical creatures. It would be difficult to meet the challenge by simply modifying themselves, so they decided to use the most powerful thing they could think of to help them: the Predators. Most of them were still trapped in the heartwoods, their photophobia combined with virtual encirclement by the Yrb preventing them from leaving; if they or their corpses could be captured, perhaps they could be useful. Many Yrb had noted how most creatures moved by signalling their muscles with electricity, and a few had had a radical idea based on that: if a Yrble were to implant itself in a creature's head, it could control its actions.

In a small, otherwise deserted section of wood, the Predators slept. Many were emaciated from lack of food, as there was precious little left to hunt in the area where they had been confined, but each exuded an air of menace even while sleeping. Slowly, but with complete silence, the fungus crept up on the beasts and deposited a cargo of microbes on each monstrous head. They never even felt a thing, and by the time night fell, industrious Yrbles had completely devoured the cognitive centres of their brains. By dawn the next day, the implantation was complete.

The Yrble within the largest Predator lifted its new head and roared at the rising sun. This was the beginning of a new age in Yrben history.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 06, 2009, 05:08:07 am »

Wimdit, that sir; is a genius move. I would never have thought someone would have thought of something similar to the yerks (bonus points to those who get the reference without Wikipedia or Google) and well maybe i should remove the EP bonus alltogether, it seems to be OP but whatever it will take place after this turn.

Give me your opinion remove or nerf the EP bonus to a research roll?

Who are we waiting for?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 07:15:53 am by Shikogan »
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 06, 2009, 08:57:26 am »

There are actually real life fungi which do something similar. Spores enter the insect's body and move to it's brain. The insect is then driven to climb a tree to sunlight, where it clamps on to the tree and stops moving until a little fungus sprouts from it's head, which releases new spores to the wind.
It was in the amazing nature thread.

Give me your opinion remove or nerf the EP bonus to a research roll?
Limit EP spending per action to 1-2, methinks.

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 06, 2009, 09:00:31 am »

Hmm per research rolls yes, either a +15 on one or a +9 on two? What do you guys think.
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 06, 2009, 09:09:37 am »

I really don't feel like typing out fluff, so I'll let anybody take my diety.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 06, 2009, 09:48:44 am »

With the glory of the new colony, the Volo were excited. They had found green plains with much more food than the deserts they operated in. There were not as many stones for housing, but there was far more food. Rumors of more such grasslands were to the south, and the Volo were eager to spread out. This is a running creature. They need to be spread out.
 (Expand to 12N)

Some Volo grew fond of hunting in desert canyons to find food. There were many cliffs, but they grew accustomed to the thrills. Prey always grew tired of such climbing before they Volo did.
 (Flush enough EP into Land Adapted to get it to the next level)

Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 06, 2009, 10:57:43 am »

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 07, 2009, 04:38:59 am »

okay so servant corps is out then? and still waiting on someone to take over the zaniah. Is there anybody else that we're waiting on?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

I guess I should go! Good that the game is alive btw

Oulatahe stirred again.
Yrb committed
Eternal struggle
Good! Blood! Feast!
The prey that wields the jaws of the predator
World in balance
White to Black to Red to Grey to White to Black to Red

Oulatahe speaks to the races of the world, using black wolves as his emissaries...he only speaks one word.

BLEED

Actions:
Attempt to increase the ease of adaptation of the Yrbs hosts- leaning toward either total mutualism or parasitism, which ever works better
Attempt to increase the aggressiveness of all predatory animals toward sentient beings

OOC: I can do 2 actions right? If so, am I penalized for it?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 07:00:09 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Uh, just for reference, my group in E11 isn't on the map.

Anyway, no fluff for now, just 2 EP each into improving poison and claws.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile

Okay so unless two more people join in and take over the open spots i'll put them on some sort of AI thing then. SO by this time tomorrow unless the spots are filled i'll do what I like with them.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

a second turn? shocking.

The Zaniah working on improving construction to defend against the storms the swept our homeland and caused so much pain to our people.

We will also build a shrine using our new improved construction techniques and dedicate it to Keelat in the hopes of protection against further storms.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Keelat shall bless the Zaniah with pleasant weather,so that their construction will go unhindered.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13