Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wannabe Dwarf Rapper  (Read 1372 times)

Honsoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wannabe Dwarf Rapper
« on: March 10, 2009, 09:32:51 pm »

This might be a bug. My marksmen have just killed an ambushing dwarf wearing more medieval bling than I would have thought possible. I counted a total of 128 earrings, bracelets, crowns, rings, and amulets. I don't know how he managed to sneak with all that crap, much less ambush anybody. Every jostle ought to have been a racket. Hauling all that crap to the magma-based waste management facility should keep my dwarves busy for a bit. Maybe it was his attempt at a gillie suit...

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: Wannabe Dwarf Rapper
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 09:39:38 pm »

Every time someone kills something during worldgen, they aquire a minor item made from its bones.

Extra-badass historical figures tend to have rather large collections.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 09:50:50 pm »

wow! that explains the goblin local leader that dropped ~1000 snail/slug/olm-man bracelets! He musta been locked into a chasm sometime.  :P

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 10:18:18 pm »

Every time someone kills something during worldgen, they aquire a minor item made from its bones.

Does that hold true for retired adventurers?

corvvs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 10:41:21 pm »

I suspect that if you wear ENOUGH jewelry, its combined weight would tend to keep it from shifting and making too much noise. So I guess as long as he could lift his head, it's possible his 800 necklaces were more or less stuck together enabling him to sneak a bit?

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 10:56:51 pm »

But wouldn't it scrape across the ground?

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 10:06:20 pm »

Does that hold true for retired adventurers?

I generally don't play adventurer mode, but from what I recall reading elsewhere (IIRC), yes. Or maybe that was a bug in an older version that doesn't happen anymore?
000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 10:24:40 pm »

But wouldn't it scrape across the ground?
When you imagine it as more of a ball, rolling along the ground is a more appropriate verb.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 10:36:47 pm »

So that explains the goblin leather and bone crafts that I'm getting off the goblins, and the goblin ambassador from the mountainhome. With that, and the engravings of elves and humans kicking the shit out of each other, I think my worldgen had some VERY interesting history.

Is there any way to find out world history apart from piecing it together from fragments?
And are there any other little history-telling quirks from worldgen?
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

corvvs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2009, 09:49:49 am »

So that explains the goblin leather and bone crafts that I'm getting off the goblins, and the goblin ambassador from the mountainhome. With that, and the engravings of elves and humans kicking the shit out of each other, I think my worldgen had some VERY interesting history.

Is there any way to find out world history apart from piecing it together from fragments?
And are there any other little history-telling quirks from worldgen?

In between fortresses (or, you know, savescum) go to Legends Mode for that world - you'll see the whole history from various perspectives (list of creatures, list of civs, list of cities...) and especially don't forget (I didn't find this out for a little while) you can hit "Enter" and whatever's at the top of the screen is going to be gone into in more detail. List of kills for that creature, events during the city's existence, battles on that site...  So if you're looking at "The Third Seige of Laughingbrook" and hit enter, you'll see the relative armies and notable events during the battle ("The Second duel of Snobuz Incestrapes and Urist Spinningstones occurred."). Hit space to back out as usual.