Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Triangle Wizard  (Read 17339 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Triangle Wizard
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 03:14:47 pm »

and a list of spells you know would be great.
F2, click on yourself. Tried it for the first time. Seems fun.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 03:24:24 pm »

Thanks. That makes gnome marshals kick butt. Summon 6 heros plus one other random spell. There will be much pain and suffering in everdoom tonight.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 04:52:29 pm »

Anybody experimented with any of the new classes added in the last few patches?  I know there's some new spells afoot...

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2009, 12:16:46 am »

I don't know if they are new or not, but nymphs make great scavengers of everything. Find either a level up or a bunch of loose spells, and you get it permanently, unless your a dweomer mage.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2009, 07:21:08 am »

Nah, nymphs have been there from the beginning, but it is true that their regeneration abilities are ace.  Dweomer mages are crazy to play as, got pretty far with one at one point several versions back.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2009, 03:28:01 pm »

Dweomer mages almost seem like cheating now that I think about it. They can pick up every spell they see, and they all level up automatically.

Just beat the second boss with a nymph sorc. Crusader plus chain lightening is broken.

Edit: How the h#%$ do you beat the tourney. Mobs keep warping in, and my main attack spell just broke.

Edit2: And that ends that run. Think I was somewhere around level 40 when a poison nova trap exploded while right next to me. God that was a long run.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 06:43:09 pm by beorn080 »

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2009, 04:09:39 pm »

Dweomer mages almost seem like cheating now that I think about it. They can pick up every spell they see, and they all level up automatically.

Just beat the second boss with a nymph sorc. Crusader plus chain lightening is broken.

Edit: How the h#%$ do you beat the tourney. Mobs keep warping in, and my main attack spell just broke.

Edit2: And that ends that run. Think I was somewhere around level 40 when a poison nova trap exploded while right next to me. God that was a long run.

-Heh, tis all fun and games with the Dweomer's until it hits you that NOTHING will regenerate save the Stealing spell itself and Magic Missile I think.  Empowered stuff works great...but then you start to really feel it when you miss somebody...

-Chain Lightning is great fun to use as you crank the levels in it...very satisfying.  Lightning immunes =  :'( though.

-Tourney is hard.  I sadly discovered this with a Nymph Marshall that started out with 30K.  Pro tip:  Summons don't work there!  Best bet is to kill what you can and try to find the stairs as soon as possible.  Though, I suspect something like a Melee/Berserker build might be able to survive in the place moreso at leisure.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2009, 05:13:43 pm »

Summons DO work in the tourney, but its not worthwhile to stay. Any mob that teleports in gives no reward for killing.

Interesting fact. Crusade summons between 2-9 light based creatures, and can summon past the summon limit if you are below it when you cast the spell. One of the four possible summons has a charm spell. If your a summoner with regenerating Crusade and some time on your hands, you can make a massive army of charmers + another half dozen plus others. Only problem are the damn light immune creatures, but the only significant one is unicorn.

Only thing that pissed me off was the damn poison nova trap. Went down the stairs, just finished off a group of mobs, 10 sec invinciblity wore out, then boom, I go from full health to exploding. Aside from that, I was pretty much untouchable.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2009, 05:36:34 pm »

Heh, Tourney has changed a bit since then.  When my Marshall tried to Call Heroes...it'd just summon a "Blue Team" or "Green Team" and so on instead.  Took me too long to realize it...as well as Teleport not working...and thus the place got swarmed with all kinds of crazy stuff going in in the brawl---I was toast.

Summon trick is probably tied into the raising of creature cap an update or so back...only works to a point as there's a hard limit per floor that's universal on the player and enemy side---which can and will save you at times if you come up against something that starts wanting to send various insanely powerful Heroes at you!

That said, be sure and shoot the dev an email or post in terms of the glitch as such could probably use some reigning in and whatnot.

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2009, 01:30:04 am »

Edit:
Shift key interacts with shrines, stairs, etc.  Missed that in the tutorial, i suppose.
Is there a list of spell effects out?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 04:39:58 am by niltrias »
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2009, 06:55:28 am »

I don't think anybody has taken the time on the massive amount of spells ingame to do it.  You can read the ingame description of every powerup and check your own spell descriptions though...think F2 does the trick most of the time.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2009, 09:43:43 pm »

It should come with a manual that lists every single spell in the game. I know my copy did. Not the exact stats but what it does and general info.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2009, 05:57:45 pm »

It should come with a manual that lists every single spell in the game. I know my copy did. Not the exact stats but what it does and general info.

Heh, I always forget about the manuals!  It has been awhile.   :D

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2009, 07:48:32 am »

Rather gigantic changes in  R 6.01 and now 6.02 folks...thar be prefixes, suffixes, ITEMS now...on top of the Tournament playing out quite differently and a host of other things.

Definitely worth checking especially if you are back in the 5.x days or even earlier.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2011, 01:28:34 pm »

This topic really deserves a bump.
Triangle Wizard version 12.01 has just been released.
Among the new features are a revamp of some of the interface screens, a few more gods, and an ingame Trianglopedia, also with spoilers for those who want to turn on that option.

Triangle Wizard is one hardcore game. It's been actively developed for quite a while now. The author states on the website that he will try and reply to emails people send him about the game within 24 hours, and as far as I have experienced, he keeps his word there. That's some dedication, a good sign.
Even though the game is realtime, I would still call it a roguelike.
There's a lot more tactics to it than would seem at first. It really deserves some more attention from people, judging by the forum activity, too little people play it. Give it a try! Be warned, it is highly addictive.
New players might want to try a Troll Berserker, or Troll Marshall to start with. The former can take and deal quite a punch, the latter has some very nice summons, as mentioned in an earlier post.

http://trianglewizard.webs.com

You have to register and log in to be able to download. I think I registered over a year ago, and my email adress has never been abused by it to send spam or whatsoever, so don't worry. Only emails you will get are notifications when a new version comes out.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 02:12:01 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7