Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Anyone want an ogre? - Stustozosla [Community Ogre Camp]  (Read 3832 times)

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone want an ogre? - Stustozosla [Community Ogre Camp]
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2009, 08:26:01 pm »

I have four or six ogres currently training up for kobold protection, I can easily slot Bluto in there.

It seems that aside from engraving, herbalism is the best training skill these lummoxes have available to them  8).

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2009, 08:30:28 pm »

When you get a Ogre later, I want one.

Mork
Ambusher
Male

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2009, 08:50:01 pm »

7th Felsite, Year 3
Late spring

Some digging appears to have been going on and the brute I call ‘Gronk’ has been coming and going from the cave.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meanwhile, the ogre I call ‘Drunkard’ seems to have taken it upon herself to haul great clumps of dirt and weeds out of the ground all over the place. She roams the swampland around with great industry, although little art. She seems to be stockpiling plants inside the cave as well. Her roaming often brings her close to my base camp; however I believe she has not noticed me just yet.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 02:22:14 am by Old-Man-Gator »

bamorrow

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McMason has been feeling clever lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2009, 03:46:28 am »

Herbalism Made Easy, by Drunkard.

Step One.  Run around screaming at shrubs to show themselves.
Step Two.  Upon finding a shrub, howl fiercely at it, so that it's too frightened to run.
Step Three. Charge the shrub.
Step Four. Grab hold of shrub with both hands.
Step Five. Strangle shrub.
Step Six. VERY IMPORTANT.  Break the shrub's cowardly death grip on the ground.
Step Seven. Once freed from the ground, examine the shrubs remains to see if any useable portion of the shrub remains after the brutal combat.
Step Eight. If yes, proudly march back to the food stockpile announcing loudly that another shrub has been vanquished.  This is so both other Ogres know you're hard at work, as well as to cause fear to other shrubs still in hiding.  If no, stomp the remains of the shrub into the ground to work off the frustration.
Repeat.

KAlSi3O8

AdvancedBen2E

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2009, 07:30:01 am »

When you get a Ogre later, I want one.

Mork
Ambusher
Male

Sorted

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2009, 08:05:17 am »

If possible, I would like an Ogre as well:

Name:Kat
Occupation:Animal trainer,caretaker,etc. Also serves in the millitary.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2009, 02:47:05 am »

Kat has been recruited...

Folks, if you want to mandate something or whatever. Please just PM me or catch me on IRC. I want to involve people who have signed on and outsiders as this is a Community Camp.  :)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 04:37:38 am by Old-Man-Gator »

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2009, 03:59:16 am »

17th Limestone, Year 3
Early autumn

A wandering band of ogres seem to have found the small group already here and are from what I can gather either conducting trade negotiations or some sort of tribute demand. ‘Shovel’ appears to be doing a lot of yelling at the interlopers’ leader. A short while later, ‘Drunkard’ brought out some barrels of what I assume is sewer brew judging from the reek and did a lot of pointing and furtive glancing toward ‘Shovel’.

It would appear to me that the brutes are engaged in trade negotiations. I must document this and pass it on to the Union.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2009, 08:14:19 am »

A fishing hole with grates to keep out the bad fishes would be cool.  ;D

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2009, 08:29:39 am »

17th Sandstone, Year 3
Mid-autumn

It would appear some more wandering ogres have found this place. While their path took them quite close to my hide, they made straight for the fishing hut and ‘Shovel’ appears to be in the process of sizing them up.

From what I can gather there are six males and two females, some of them carrying primitive axes while the others seem more interested in the food supply.

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2009, 09:22:16 am »

23rd Moonstone, Year 3
Early winter

The traders have returned; they lumbered straight past my hideaway on their way to the top of the hill in which the giant cave is and dumped a load of barrels and other foodstuffs. ‘Shovel’ appears to have accepted this with ogrish aplomb, possibly mollified by the vast stack of meat that ‘Drunkard’ set aside for her.

This little settlement is growing it would seem, the ogres don’t appear to be using the cave for anything other than sleeping in, they have constructed some sort of large shack set into the side of the hill that ‘Drunkard’ appears to be interested in. I may investigate if I can work my way close enough.

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2009, 09:37:25 pm »

20th Slate, Year 4
Mid-spring

Some more ogres have arrived, bringing the population of this cess pit to a total of thirty three ravenous ogres. The brutes have made no attempt to oust the giants just yet and seem to be content to dig into the side of the hill in order to house their crude attempts at craftsmanship.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 02:43:30 am by Old-Man-Gator »

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2009, 02:09:18 am »

3rd Hematite, Year 4
Early summer

The ogre I refer to as ‘Cudgel’ was ambushed by one of the mighty crocodiles that live in this swamp. The beast managed to maul her quite badly before an un-named ogre hunter managed to dispatch it with little more than a wooden spear. The ogres appear to have recovered their stricken comrade and she is recuperating somewhere within the cave.

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2009, 02:14:04 am »

8th Hematite, Year 4
Early summer

It would appear one of the brutes has taken to running around showing off what appears to be a swamp jaguar that has been smashed flat and studded with bones. The vile artefact has been looked over by ‘Shovel’ and she appears quite pleased with the un-named craftsman.

The ogres seem to refer to it as Smata Oxam and are apparently in the process of deciding what to do with the disgusting thing.

In the meantime, ‘Hacker’ has been seen carrying a number of pieces of rude furniture into the cave, buckets, tables, chairs and a box or two so far. I presume the ogres are settling into the cave with a vengeance.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 02:42:57 am by Old-Man-Gator »

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2009, 02:18:54 am »

8th Malachite, Year 4
Mid-summer

The kobolds have made their presence known to the ogres. First, judging from the look on the face of the brute that constructed Smata Oxam and the volume at which he was bellowing at ‘Shovel’, the little runts made off with the ugly thing. Second there was some sort of fuss inside the cave that ‘Shovel’ took upon herself to investigate. The kobold almost escaped but was brutally smashed by the warrior whom I have seen speaking to ‘Cudgel’ in the past.

21st Galena, Year 4
Late summer

One of the hunting ogres was badly mauled by a Jaguar today, ‘Gronk’ and a companion rushed out to kill it before it could do the same to the ogre it had injured in desperation however. Inspired by this event, it seems that ‘Shovel’ has taken it upon herself to have a few of the tribe start training, as there are a number of particularly large and stupid looking ogres engaged in scuffling with each other when they are not standing around the cave entrance. I shall have to be more careful if they are on the lookout for sneaky kobold thieves. Their erstwhile leader is the ogre warrior I call ‘Bluto’.

9th Limestone, Year 4
Early autumn

An ogre trading caravan arrived in the domain of ‘Shovel’. They are bearing trade goods from the looks, particularly barrels of what I can only assume are drinks. They even have donkeys with them. I am curious to see if the brutes eat the beasts, in a strange sort of fashion. I notice ‘Drunkard’ is walking around looking very pleased with his efforts. ‘Shovel’ also seems to be in a good mood, however considering these brutes seem to think with their stomachs, that is no surprise.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 02:44:53 am by Old-Man-Gator »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5