Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Greatest Human Hero Ever  (Read 4299 times)

Vigilant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Greatest Human Hero Ever
« on: March 08, 2009, 11:50:16 pm »

So I didn't originally used to have any special feelings for this guy, but then he got his champion title, and became a serious badass. Ravaging goblin towers killing demons and semi-megabeasts galore. His name?

I know the DF random name/title gen can goof in some funny ways, but this is the best one I've ever seen ^_^

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Greatest Human Hero Ever
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 12:18:18 am »

Hah, that's great. I bet he cut out his left eye just because he thought it would make him look 'more badass' or 'eff-in hardcore'.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Broadsword

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 04:01:41 pm »

Now show us his kills so we can see if he actually did anything useful.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 05:12:09 pm »

It's so easy to lose eyes in adventure mode.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

tefalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Priest of Syrinx
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 05:47:58 pm »

One of your eyes is only living on borrowed time in adventure mode.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 05:56:36 pm »

I said he cut out his eye because he's an outrageous tool. Rather, The Outrageous Tool, as per the insult. You know, jerk, jerkface, jackass, asshole, douchebag, and all other synonyms.

And what do they do? Stupid crap like that to prove how 'awesome' they are.

I bet he also taunts his foes with lame insults, like "Your mom is a murderous barbarian." Because he's The Outrageous Tool.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vigilant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 07:55:56 pm »

Now show us his kills so we can see if he actually did anything useful.

A bit big, so here's a link.
http://home.comcast.net/~thedarkbasilisk/LideKills.JPG

Highlights:
394 Notable Kills:
Several Towers worth of goblins, A few demons, Dwarven Queen and her consort, dwarves (blasphemy I know, but they have the best weapons), giants, minotaurs, ettins, cyclopses, haven't found a true megabeast yet, maybe i'll use legend mode to track one down.

My semi-megabeasts and megabeasts also got a huge size increase. Giant's are size 60, cyclops size 48, ettins size 36, minotaur size 27.

------

Sadly I think a Wolf got a lucky shot on one of his eyes during a fight, but he's such a tool he'll never let anyone know that.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 07:58:27 pm by Vigilant »

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 07:21:47 am »

i can remember a thread somewhere where a person posted stats about  their incredible adventurer, who was awesome in all respects yet managed to lose an eye right at the start when they were knocked several tiles into a tree by some non dangerous creature.

everyone joked that he probably did not tell that story when relating tales of his heroism.

Guy Montag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 11:16:07 am »

Yeah, I had a rather bad-ass adventurer that had got a copper pick lodged/embedded in his eye somehow. It was a long time before I spotted it in my inventory along with the usual layers of 20 types of blood, mud, vomit and everything else.

I don't even remember fighting an enemy that was using a pick. I guess it was one of the goblin towers I depopulated early on. This guy was walking around town talking to people and wrestling polar bears to death with a goddamn mining pick buried in his eye socket the entire time.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 12:28:53 pm »

This guy was walking around town talking to people and wrestling polar bears to death with a goddamn mining pick buried in his eye socket the entire time.
awesomeface.jpg

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 02:13:07 pm »

Yes, I remember a legendary human I had who lost an eye right after he got his title.

He was no tool, he was veritably badass. I sent him to a goblin tower for death or glory, where he killed the 5 necessary goblins. Turned to leave, and a swarm of goblins descended upon him. Running away from the tower, taking a turn to hack at anyone who had caught up with him, he ended up killing 15 gobbos, and removing the legs of many more before he got away. One lucky gobbo did manage to pull off his pants....pervert....
His name?     Shiny Reinbows the Legendary Vestibule of Slaughter.

Ohhh yeahhhh. On his way home, he was ambushed by as many wolves as a guy could want, and of course lost his eye. He made it home with a title, but at the cost of his trousers and eye.

Later fitted him out with full adamantine and killed half the world's elves before a wooden arrow somehow pierced his heart through that shiny blue plate. Rest in peace, Shiny.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 02:37:17 pm »

Adamantine is blue?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 02:50:10 pm »

Adamantine is blue?

Picky about colors, are we?

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 05:16:57 pm »

Sorry, I played RS at one point.  Addy is green there.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2009, 06:25:21 pm »

It's cyan in this game. And there is no runite. Or black or mithril or granite armor. Not without modding, anyway.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]
Pages: [1] 2