Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 2780 times)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 10:01:06 am »

I've never played WoW, but from what I hear, people's opinions range from "It's stupid" to "OMG EVERYTHING'S UNBALANCED LAWL!".

I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

Well, it's a good game [How many people are playing with WoW? 13 million? More? I don't know..], but it's not balanced around 1v1, that's the problem, in fact sometime 1-2 class[es] are totally FUBAR in regard to balance, just like the warriors now...Blizzard is always trying to solve these balance problems, but they usually fail, this game won't be balanced ever. The PvE content is great, but I don't really miss that...I miss the Arenas however, I always loved that part of the game.
The biggest problem with the game is -aside from the balance problems-, that it's all about items. All you do is trying to get better gear. This is why I've stopped to play, and if I will play again, I will only focus on arenas, because I don't have too much freetime.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 10:21:42 am »

I vant you to keel six snow moose.

Eye steel vant yoo to keel seex snow moose.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 10:39:22 pm »

That just proves that there are at least 13 million idiots in the world, Tormy.

Seriously (in my opinion), the gearing up mentality is just asking for stress over drops, auctions, gear, grinding, gear envy, faction envy and sundry other things.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2009, 11:09:21 pm »

You cannot measure the quality of something by sales. Well, maybe when it comes to medicine, but definetly NOT when it comes to art. And let'S face it, videogames are art.

WoW has more problems that it has customers, the biggest one being it's simplicity. It's stupid and dumbed down beyond belief, the pvp is a joke, the pve is a joke, the whole game is a joke.

But if people are really and genuinely enjoying it, we should just shut up about it and let them play - but then again - those numbers are partly responsible for the crap gamers are getting spoonfed these days. Most devs think, that game has something they need to aim for  :-\

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2009, 11:13:01 pm »

I played it once, then I got to around level 45 and realized.

"What's the point? Its probably gonna become more and more of a grind.

so I quit.

Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2009, 11:41:58 pm »

We should just shut up about it and let them play

Pretty much...

It's not my money or stress that is being invested anymore.

I got to level 62 with a gnome prot spec (from level 1) warrior (masochist build if ever there was one) before I made the same conclusion Rilder did. It took me about 18 months of which I think I paid for about 6 months all told (heavily addicted friend).

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2009, 09:37:13 am »

Seriously (in my opinion), the gearing up mentality is just asking for stress over drops, auctions, gear, grinding, gear envy, faction envy and sundry other things.

Yes I know....this is why I've stopped to play a long time ago, but that's only true about the PvE part of the game. The Arena is completely different. Sure you need to have a good basic gear if you want to be successful in the arena, but you don't have to raid 5 times / week for that.
This is why I am pissed about these class balance problems....in PvE it doesn't matter.

WoW has more problems that it has customers, the biggest one being it's simplicity. It's stupid and dumbed down beyond belief, the pvp is a joke, the pve is a joke, the whole game is a joke.

I enjoyed the PvP to be honest, 5v5 is all about teamwork. Also, the PvP is not that simple, especially above 2100+ rating.  ;)
Also the PvE part....I think it's quite good, but I never liked it...it requires too much time. [Raids are starting at 19.00 usually, and go 'til 23.00...3-4 times / week at least.]

"What's the point? Its probably gonna become more and more of a grind.

Yeah exactly...I've also realized that. [..but I guess all MMORPGs are all about itemfarm/grinding basically, except for Guild Wars maybe?]
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 09:44:18 am by Tormy »

smeej

• Bay Watcher
  • The last thing you remember...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2009, 10:51:33 am »

This thread is why I never started a WoW thread.  :P

I'll just go play WoW instead and maybe one day I'll start listening to you guys about how I'm stupid and wasting my time and killing the art of video games $15 at a time instead of enjoying myself.
IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2009, 02:13:55 pm »

WoW

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!!!!!!!

WARHAMMER.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2009, 02:32:36 pm »

WoW

WARHAMMER.

Haha, Warhammer Online..I knew that someone will mention it. I don't know too much about this game, is it any good? As I heard it's not that great...

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2009, 02:55:15 pm »

Eh. Haven't played. I genrally stay away from all MMO's even if it IS Warhammer.

I like 40K more anyway.

But at anyrate, Games Workshop employed Blizzard at one time to make a series of games for both Warhammer and 40K. Games Workshop got bad vibes, cut the deal, and Blizzard went on making the games, though a little different, but basicly the same.

The Zerg; Fucking Tyranids, obviously.

The whole Warcraft Series: Cut down and pitifully stripped Old World Warhammer.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2009, 04:08:01 pm »

WoW

WARHAMMER.

Beat you to it.