Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 2772 times)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
World of Warcraft
« on: March 08, 2009, 08:51:53 am »

Eh, I just realized that we don't have a WoW topic yet.
I've played with WoW for ~1year on/off [stopped to play after Season 1], but I am thinking about playing again...but I am not sure yet.
I really miss the PvP [especially the Arena], I don't really care about PvE/raids to be honest. So my question is this: Any of you are playing with the game? If yes, how is class balance? As I heard [I've contacted some of my old mates from WoW] DKs and Paladins are dominating in the Arena nowadays + that the Warrior class is utter crap right now.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 09:58:20 am »

that the Warrior class is utter crap right now.
WHAT?
Since when?

I go away for a year and Blizzard already manages to screw up the pile of crap they had before?  >:(

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 10:01:55 am »

Why would it matter? In PvE, and maybe in PvP as well, you need a core team of Tankers, Nukers, and Healers. You need them all, so the power levels of each individual class doesn't seem to matter that much. I mean, the point of a Tanker is to distract the enemy while the Nuker gets all the credit of actually killing the enemy. Right?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 10:04:13 am »

Why would it matter? In PvE, and maybe in PvP as well, you need a core team of Tankers, Nukers, and Healers. You need them all, so the power levels of each individual class doesn't seem to matter that much. I mean, the point of a Tanker is to distract the enemy while the Nuker gets all the credit of actually killing the enemy. Right?
They ussually split it 50/50 unless the nuker is a warlock, but yeah.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 10:13:51 am »

Why would it matter? In PvE, and maybe in PvP as well, you need a core team of Tankers, Nukers, and Healers.

It matters. Take a look at the arena stats. Top100 Arena teams [2v2, 3v3, 5v5 ladders] = Warrior representation: Only ~5% are warriors out of all classes. As I heard, DKs replaced the warriors in PvE and in PvP also. They are Warriors 2.0
Blizzard is trying to solve this problem if true, but as we all know...they suck at balancing. [Yes I had a warrior as main.  :-\]

smeej

• Bay Watcher
  • The last thing you remember...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 11:35:57 am »

Eh, I don't see DKs being Warriors 2.0, but I play on a pretty slow server. The main problem is that two of the harder boss fights in the game favor having a DK or Druid tank, which is utterly annoying.

Paladins make up a bulk of 2v2 and 5v5 healers due to their plate + having what I believe is the largest single target heal in the game.

Honestly, the way Blizz likes to balance gear and skills doesn't work for both PVE and PVP. They need to rework their PVP math and not nerf a classes PVE capabilities just because of a bunch of forum whining. D:
IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 12:29:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 12:32:48 pm »

I'm wondering if anybody experinment of having a military divison of all nukers and healers, getting rid of the tankers entirely. Sacrifice the need for a distraction in favor of just destroying the enemy before they even get close. It seems honorable for some reason.

Also, a question: do the mob also assemble in teams, having NPC tankers forcing NPC Tankers to attack them, NPC nukers nuking PC nukers, and NPC Healers healing up the NPC tankers and nukers?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 03:46:44 pm »

Eh, I don't see DKs being Warriors 2.0, but I play on a pretty slow server.

As I heard [+I was browsing the forums also], it looks like that they are sorta like an advanced warrior. Their DPS is much better, they have much better PvP abilities, and they can tank well also.  :-\
Blizzard....

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 04:10:58 pm »

DKs can tank better then us, do more damage then us, can heal themselves, have a pet and do better bursts then us. I have an 80 warrior(and a veeeeery old 60 druid) and the only reason i haven't deleted him yet in favor of something more useful is the hope that in a few expansions we end up at the positive end of a shaman/warlock style balance overhaul.

@Servant Corps: It's nigh impossible to kill anything before it reaches you and on bosses it's not worth even trying. Trash(non-boss creatures) you could maybe kill one if you out some effort(and superior gear) into it but then there's another 3 running amok and oneshotting everything without plate armor. NPC groups often follow the same theme bt in practice they are all damage dealers with maybe a healer or a gimmick creature. You use crowd control spells to keep the most dangerous ones busy while you tank the rest and kill them in order of importance.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 04:50:56 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yanlin, bad boy. To the naughty corner, now!

I've not properly tried WoW, i had it for a trail, installed it, didn't work well on my old PC and gave up. The stories just put me off it tbh.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009, 05:36:22 pm »

With enough warlocks, you can do anything. Except PvP, unless they finally managed to balance them out.

40 warlocks with 8 imps out, 8 VW's, and either 24 succubi or Felhunters can drop anyone. Or even infernal's and felguards, I'm not picky.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 08:40:32 am »

DKs can tank better then us, do more damage then us, can heal themselves, have a pet and do better bursts then us.

Eh yeah, this is exactly what I've been told...Sad stuff.  >:(
However, Blizzard is buffing the Arms tree in the next patch, so we shall see, that what's gonna happen.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 08:43:29 am »

I vant you to keel six snow moose.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 09:52:36 am »

I've never played WoW, but from what I hear, people's opinions range from "It's stupid" to "OMG EVERYTHING'S UNBALANCED LAWL!".

I'm not quite sure what to make of it.
Pages: [1] 2