Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Empire: Total War thread - temporarily $25 on steam!  (Read 5395 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

Hrm, I've encounted a CTD which refuses to let me progress through the game. I'm stuck in year 1728 since if I try to progress a turn, it just crashes-to-desktop.

There was a patch a day or two back which fixed a problem where the AI moves in india would crash the game (which sounds like your problem.)  Hilariously, this patch resulted in many systems crashing on the pirates move...  I've said it before and I'll say it again, the series has been heading downhill since RTW and BI.

I just bought the game the other day and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I just wish I was in a position to get involved in more sea battles, but my infantry are costing me enough as it is.
You could try building more trading ships and setting them up at brazil/africa/indonesia.  They seemed pretty profitable when I tried it and they'd give you an excuse to have an expensive navy.

I have a question - what does it mean when a ship on the campaign map is flashing the pirate flag? Is it them who are blocking my trade routes, or is a blocked trade route from a blocked port?

It means that they are raiding one or more of the trade routes going through that spot, which may or may not be yours.  Your ships will flash the pirate flag too if you raid an enemy route.  Raiding apparently gives the raiding party cash as well as lowering the victims income however blockading prevents ship building.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anybody else has the problem that after the patch, the battle ai never stopped maneuvring units arround and never getting to the point of shooting? I've defeated equal sized full stacks without taking a single casualty because the computer was more interested in changing in and out of square formation right infront of me.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm kinda depress how this game turned out, great concept but I have a hard time having fun crushing Europe under my heel when most of the countries surrounding me are led by what seems to me to be retarded hamsters. I feel bad, hamsters have never done anything to me.  :'(
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: Empire: Total War thread - temporarily $25 on steam!
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2009, 03:06:49 am »

Posted sale info on topic as a Public Service Announcement.

Empire: Total War is half off on Steam.

Totally fucking worth it for $25. Hell, I wish I waited a few months.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2009, 04:18:57 am »

Meh, I'm going to wait until I can get the non-steam version + the expansion for 10 dollars less than the original price of the game alone.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2009, 12:59:32 pm »

Err. I personally think this game is too easy ( even on very hard/very hard ). I'm playing with Russia, 1751 or something and I have 52 regions, and now I can basically steamroll everyone I want. The trick is to not start off militaristically, but to invest everything you have in to economy, while making friends ( state gifts ) and possibly protectorates to increase your income. 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 12:43:37 am by Asheron »

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.
Pages: 1 2 [3]