Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Fortress of the Hermit  (Read 1423 times)

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
The Fortress of the Hermit
« on: March 06, 2009, 08:39:07 am »

After trying and failing misribly with modding, I decided to make a Hermit game.

However, as the public, I request that you tell me how long I should be a hermit.
It can be anything between 20 and 50 years.
First update on sunday.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Fortress of the Hermit
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 08:54:17 am »

I would suggest going for as long as possible. So 50 years :)
Courage. Do one brave thing today, then run like H#ll.
Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 10:52:51 am »

I'd have to put it at 'until you die'.

And try to make as much wealth as possible in your spare time.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 12:27:36 pm »

I would say.............................................................................................

Bring a cat.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 03:13:15 pm »

Bring two?
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 03:53:47 pm »

Bring two?
Bring forty-two.
For it is said that a man must own 42 cats to find his meaning in life.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 08:11:49 am »

Bring two?
Bring forty-two.
For it is said that a man must own 42 cats to find his meaning in life.
So? bring two and keep them alive long enough.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Kai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 08:20:50 am »

I would put the goal at as long as possible.

I've started a fortress with just one skilled couple (killed the rest, killing immigrants) to see how long this inbred family can survive.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 12:07:20 pm »

This !!!thread!!! is getting places...

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 12:18:41 pm »

I would put the goal at as long as possible.

I've started a fortress with just one skilled couple (killed the rest, killing immigrants) to see how long this inbred family can survive.
If that isn't in a swamp and you don't plan to live in wooden cabins then shame on you.
Git the banjo.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 08:46:04 am »

(Sorry of the lack of pictures, but for the moment, my computer is refusing to save them. I will make a movie of my area when I get the chance.)

Granite 1,Year 6
 All of it sickens me. All of us for that matter. That is why we isolate ourselves. Maybe in 50 years the world will be less cruel and less dangerous. Until then, we shall remain behind our future moat and hope for peace. Concerning the matter of food, we will eat many cats and whatever else we could aquire. Now that we agree on this, we begin. Strike the Earth

Hematite 13,Year 6
 The moat is almost complete, and I wait for an earnest isolation. I have cut down large groves of trees, and hope that this accomidation will bring enough wood for our stay. I also set up a farm, so we could grow the finest delicasies as we wait. Most of the others have been mining out rooms for us, and I say, they are wonderful rooms. One of them even made engravings to immortalize it. Yes, soon we shall say goodbye to the normal world.

Sandstone 4,Year 6
 The horror, the horror of it all. They all are dead, ecepting for me. I am mining to keep my mind off it, but still I am infused with shock on the matter. I am the only one, I have to do all of the work. They died in the moat, leaving me to cover their losses.It leaves me with anger, knowing that they tricked me to my death. I laugh at them hovever, so I say bring it on.
  I have restrained all animals in cages, so I may wander without being interrupted by these fools getting in my way. This fortress that the gods have chosen me to make will show others why to fear me. I hope that I get time to practice with that crossbow I made.

Sandstone 25, Year 6
I am mining now endlessly as I strive to improve my skill. This should make up for the mining skill lost with my fellow comrades. I hope, and indeed it is hope, That progress will be made on the range. You see, I manage to find an excuse for not doing it every time I have time. Along with the bolt which I need to make, This a major problem to my warrior lifestyle that I need to take in times of need. All of the foul invaders shall tremble in fear of my bow.

Timber 3, Year 6
Immigrants came today. Much to their puzzlement, I had blocked off the only door to inside my fortressw. They can't hide the foul taint they are infected with from me. I would of killed them if I had not known that all of them were destined to die in the wilderness around me. This fill me with glee as I continue with my construction projects. I got further on my archery range before calling quits today. I am now reading som classic dwarven literature with a barrel of ale as my company.

Obsidian 4,Year 6
 Those immagrants outside can be strange folks. They cry all the time, as if they were missing something. Perhaps it is the fact that they cannot torment me behind my walls. This brings delight to me, as it allows the sins in which they had commited to catch up to them. I give them a few days before they go insane by the agony of their torment.

Next update on:Tuesday
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.