Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Twenty Million Miles From Home OOC  (Read 25571 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Twenty Million Miles From Home OOC
« Reply #120 on: March 06, 2009, 11:28:27 pm »

It's making good progress. I was waiting for inaluct or WD to give input.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 06, 2009, 11:37:51 pm »

Mostly, you set up your character to be a hard-ass, which will make it hard for you to get along with our characters, as taking a realistic standpoint, none of us signal out our characters to be badasses like your suggesting. In fact, none of us are really bad ass. Just misfits from a society who didn't want us, coming to a the only place that would take us.

I suppose your one of them aswell. Everybody needs one quirk I suppose.

Basicly, you have to realise that you won't be able to rush headlong into things like your saying your character is likely to do. Not only will you die, realisticly mind you, in a hail of gun/plasma/lazer fire, but other people may very well die too.

Getting things done just doesn't happen. Messing things up happens far easier however.

Otherwise, besides making a general trouble of yourself by trying to charge headlong into shit, or not getting along with many people, your not introducing any skills I think.

Your character is a loner, possibly sociopathic, an dangerous risk taker to all around him. Which disadvantages him to us nobodies who, though don't have any useful qualities or skills as of yet, don't have any defects as such.

I'm not stopping you, but instead I'm going to let Pandar and Inaluct take their shots. If they okay it, outside of what I said, because you mostly put troubles on yourself making it harder to RP your character, instead of godmodding, you can join.

I'm not really good at making tough decisions.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 06, 2009, 11:46:02 pm »

It really comes down to the fact that, as Workerdrone said, the character is at least antisocial, and possibly a sociopath. As a result, playing as that character might get uninteresting pretty fast; it's one-dimensional. The character doesn't really have much personality, aside from trying to be badass.

Instead of a troubled past, you might want to try an interesting character flaw or belief. At least something that would make other characters want to interact with him.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 06, 2009, 11:48:54 pm »

Factoring all your input, I reckon I'll redesign my character.

-----
Name: James Tynan.
Deck: 1

James was born, and grew up, on the south-east coast of Australia. In his childhood he lived in a rural area, his parents weren't the richest but they did their best for him. James wasn't the most confident growing up, even though he had a lot of friends he did things on his own. Most days were spent surfing the sets dawn to dusk. Although he was smart, got high grades and test marks, he didn't like school, a lot of days he just didn't go. James was a procrastinator, mostly because he didn't have the motivation to do school work. There were certain things in school he liked, he had a head for maths and numbers, and liked doing maths. After he left school he got a part-time job, it was boring work but he needed the money. Leaving school dropped a lot of pressure from his shoulders, he became more social. However after a few years he needed adventure, he was doing nothing for humanity, only doing useless grunt work, so he signed up for the military. Thinking it would be flying through space shooting down aliens and receiving award after award, recommendation after recommendation. It wasn't this, he was disappointed by what he was doing there, doing the grunt work.
-----
Now?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 12:03:21 am by Emperor_Jonathan »

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 06, 2009, 11:51:31 pm »

Im starting to get pretty concerned about this whole godmodding issue. Does this mean that I have to keep my character a peasant throughout most of the game?

Where exactly is the line drawn here?

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 06, 2009, 11:54:11 pm »

You fail to see the point of godmodding. Therefore, I will not address it if you can not understand what godmodding is.

...fffffuck.

Fine.

Godmodding is the factor of, you making your character, guess what, godly. You fail at nothing, or almost nothing, have skills and possessions that no one can possibly have, and all sorts of misc. things that advantage yourself.

Godmodding is only the above, and just that. I'm not limiting you, just keeping you from making a TOTAL ASS of yourself like Armok.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 06, 2009, 11:59:44 pm »

Godmodding is the factor of, you making your character, guess what, godly. You fail at nothing, or almost nothing, have skills and possessions that no one can possibly have, and all sorts of misc. things that advantage yourself.

Godmodding is only the above, and just that. I'm not limiting you, just keeping you from making a TOTAL ASS of yourself like Armok.
Ok, thanks...
So I can gain some skills as long as Im not broken like superman or something.
Thats fine.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2009, 12:01:31 am »

If by skills you mean things you learned in basic training, yes.

Otherwise, you are a unskilled grunt from /quote a society that didn't want you /unquote and are going to be learning most things on the ship itself.

Good for you guys, space traval can be long and boring. So during 'time jumps' you'll be learning all sorts of crap.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 07, 2009, 12:15:10 am »

By the way how long have we been in space?

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2009, 02:41:23 am »

Ohdeargodthehorror-----IIIIII meeean...uh...

*Cough*

WorkerDrone points to the IC thread.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 07, 2009, 03:30:24 am »

So guys, how 'bout that posting in past tense and not present tense?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 07, 2009, 03:33:21 am »

I'm confused: Can I post or not?
Also: Pandarsenic: Your sarcasm is confusing. Or maybe not. The point is, what do you mean?
Long Live United Forenia!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 07, 2009, 03:35:41 am »

Yeah I'm a little confused aswell.

Though that might be only because I'm insanely sleep deprived. And refuse to go to sleep aswell.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 07, 2009, 03:47:00 am »

Yeah I'm a little confused aswell.

Though that might be only because I'm insanely sleep deprived. And refuse to go to sleep aswell.
Now I'm even more confused.
I thought that sign-ups were closed, but then you said something like, anyone who wants in, post, and the workerdrones will evaluate it.
Then the pandarsenic-workerdrone said that peoples who signed up after the sign ups closed are in the waiting list, or something.
So I ask for clarity, and this is my answer.
I hat you.
* NUKE9.13 throws hats at you
Long Live United Forenia!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 07, 2009, 03:50:52 am »

I'm saying when you post in the IC topic, do it in past tense, not present tense.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18