Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Twenty Million Miles From Home OOC  (Read 25606 times)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Re: Twenty Million Miles From Home OOC
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2009, 01:30:39 am »

Just to note, I'll go ahead and link this thread with the IC one. Might aswell. And yes, you all get starting posts. Please, don't let me stop you from introductions.

As for everything else.

I don't think anything needs to be said Armok. Your character, does indeed disgust me. Inaluct had to be dead on with this one. And Pandarsenic only managed to put a humourous spin on things. Further concreting my decision. I can't say I'm sorry, but ironicly, with all your talk of seriousness in whatever forum game you take part in, you have managed to get yourself kicked out of my club. And I think you just met my two bouncers.

Everyone else, If you had managed to create a character while I was gone, and it filled out all of my very basic specifications, please, feel free to post. For those who haven't made a character yet do so. On the risk of Exterminatus like Armok, or just plain getting shot down like Org.

Pre-Ninja: Pandar, you take Emperor. I'm to tired to look through his aplication.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 01:33:21 am by WorkerDrone »

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2009, 02:24:43 am »

"his nickname came from him telling people what to do,
Never said it worked,
and not taking any shit."
Remember, this was in his childhood. Obviously with adult hood and bootcamp ((I would presume)) he does take shit - from superiors mostly.
"He rarely shows his emotions."
To be more exact - He will show happiness and angriness, but he will try to hide sadness, fear, and other such emotions with a blank face. Of course when I RP I will write what he's thinking.

"He's one of those people who gets shit done, and gets it done hard and fast."
By this I mean more of a gung-ho "Leeroy Jenkins" type person, so to speak. He does things as quickly as possible, regarding safety.
"During his childhood he was betrayed a number of times, so he doesn't trust many people."
I don't see what is so wrong about this, but. By he doesn't trust people, I meant that he doesn't trust people with his deep down feelings, his secrets. Other things he would probably trust more people with.
Also, the thing about being picked on seems contradictory to not taking shit from people.
When he got picked on, he got into a fight, maybe won. So, the other friends of the bullies would come to pick a fight with him, after a while James would be made into the instigator of the fights, moving to another school and starting over.

Anything else?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 02:26:18 am by Emperor_Jonathan »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2009, 02:33:36 am »

Nickname: Comes across as an excuse to insert part of your SN. Unless you, like, mean everyone calls him Emperor sarcastically to imply he's a pushy dick nobody wants to be around. In which case, go ahead, though a reputation like that might make him less fun to play.

Not taking shit: Wait, so if he takes shit now, why does he still have the nickname? Unless, of course, the nickname means they're laughing quietly at his impotence under their collective breath.

Emotions: I'm yet to see a character for whom the line "rarely shows emotions" provided any actual improvement.

Leeeeroooooooooy: You didn't really say that. Also, Leeroy Jenkins implies lack of efficacy. By all means, go for it if you want, but... yeah.

Betrayal: By whom? What about? This should be a major shaper of his personality if you use it. Don't go halfway. Your "number of betrayals" is so vague it has nearly no meaning.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2009, 03:01:44 am »

Nickname: Comes across as an excuse to insert part of your SN.
Yes.
Yes. It was. Sorry. :( ((-Edited out.))
Not taking shit: Wait, so if he takes shit now, why does he still have the nickname?
Above.
Emotions: I'm yet to see a character for whom the line "rarely shows emotions" provided any actual improvement.
Is there really, anything wrong with me using it? It adds to the type of character I want - A hard-ass.
Leeeeroooooooooy: You didn't really say that. Also, Leeroy Jenkins implies lack of efficacy. By all means, go for it if you want, but... yeah.
Of course he has the capacity to produce an effect, he does it faster than most, however he does it more dangerously. Arriving at the same conclusion, but faster and riskier.
Betrayal: By whom? What about? This should be a major shaper of his personality if you use it.
-_-

In his early, early, early, childhood, pre-school. He wasn't picked on, he did have friends. However he was attracted to a particular person there, and so he told his closest friend. This friend than preceded to tell people, out loud, embarrassing James. Of course this wouldn't seem like something an adult would be concerned about, however to James as a child it made become less sociable. Different. This caused him to be picked on, for being different. Eventually he did find a friend, sometime later in the middle of Primary school. The same thing happened, he was betrayed with his deepest secret. This scarred him more, making him more of a recluse. At this time he started trying to control people, this didn't work however. At the start of high school the same thing happened again, making him even extremely introverted, a recluse, a loner. Because of him being a loner, and the other teenagers being cruel, he started getting beat up. It some time later he stopped caring, stopped giving a shit, that's when he started to fight back, entering the cycle of going to other schools, constantly.

Want me to put this into his bio?

(((Also, edited a bit of technicalities on my original post.)))

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2009, 10:22:10 am »

I can do this.

Name:Noi Kant
Deck:4
Bio: Noi kant used to play video games. More precisely, alien shoot 'em uppers. His entire life, he thought he wanted to be a space farer. Then, when he finally got in, it sucked. There were no aliens. There were no exciting space adventures. You sat in a seat and stared at a manual of spaceship repair until you knew every single possible malfunction by heart. Or rather, flunked the class, learnt nothing, and was one day away from being kicked out of the program, when suddenly budget cuts and poor organisation led to you getting hired as a grunt on the starship Retribution.
Yeah, life sucks.
But at least you can hang out by the armoury whilst pretending to mop the floor!

I expose my humble application to the WorkerDrones.
Long Live United Forenia!

SombreChapaeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2009, 11:05:13 am »

Anyway I fixed mine if you didn't notice.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2009, 03:29:24 pm »

Eh, I don't want to nitpick, but 20 million miles isn't exactly far when it comes to space. The distance between earth and the sun is aproximately 90 million miles....
Spoiler: Character in limbo (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 06:44:07 pm by Virex »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2009, 04:48:03 pm »

I fail to amuse.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2009, 06:34:44 pm »

NUKE: I don't see any problems with your character.

Virex: Characters are supposed to be relatively unskilled.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2009, 06:36:56 pm »

Hey, does my character seem acceptable or whatever? I would like to start my runs...

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2009, 06:38:46 pm »

I don't quite have any relevant skills for the task at hand, now do I? Only thing of use is the fact that I know how to keep a generator running...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2009, 06:40:20 pm »

I don't quite have any relevant skills for the task at hand, now do I? Only thing of use is the fact that I know how to keep a generator running...
I don't care. This game isn't all about shooting aliens; nearly all skills are relevant in some way. Your character is a skilled mechanic.

So no, your character is not accepted.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2009, 06:43:11 pm »

I don't care. This game isn't all about shooting aliens; nearly all skills are relevant in some way. Your character is a skilled mechanic.

So no, your character is not accepted.

Point taken. Character erased... Goodbye  :'(

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 06, 2009, 06:47:30 pm »

what about my character inaluct? He has no skills what so ever.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 06, 2009, 07:02:24 pm »

Guess I'll give this a shot then.

Name: Jeremy Grevan
Deck: 3-Storage

Bio: Jeremy was born in the heartland of America to hard-working parents of little means. His parents died when he was 10, during the Third American Revolution, civilian casualties caught in the wrong place at the wrong time: a simple Federal raid on a known Seperatist supply depot that turned into a full-on sortie. The Federal Government placed the blame on the Seperatists, but bullets are well known for being impartial in times of conflict.
Jeremy became a Ward of the State after he was discovered alone in his parent's former home, living first on what he could find in the house, then on what he could steal. He was bounced from foster home to foster home, before he was old enough to cash in on his parent's insurance.
By the age of 26 he'd managed to blow it all on expensive meals, women, and more than anything else, booze. With no money, no friends, and a desire to get the hell away from Earth, Jeremy put his name forward when they started looking for volunteers to go into space.
He was suprised as hell when he received notice that he'd been accepted, and given his first orders. They even know exactly where he would fit in best already.
Supply Distribution and Procurement sure sounded important...

I think I've got everything I want there. No friends. No living family back on Earth. No previous work experience. No skills, unless you count hammering down cold ones and spotting easy women at fifty paces "skills". No massive background wealth. No overbearing debt. Just one big blank slate for me to write on.

So, go ahead and nuke me Pandar, Inaluct!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 07:41:01 pm by rickvoid »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18