Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: Twenty Million Miles From Home OOC  (Read 25611 times)

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Twenty Million Miles From Home OOC
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2009, 10:47:35 pm »

Alright, lemmie get the anger out of this thread with my super logic. Now available on the SNES.

This game appears to be based around characters that start with little to no skill. Thus why my character could not be a vehicle engineer. We are all skilless useless grunts. By having a hacking ability, you have given your character a skill.
 There. Nothing bashing the character itself. It is just for this RP.

Edit: Curses! My mediation has been rendered semi-useless!
Ehh you tryed, and yeah...

The main point is that the ranks are full. I mostly unhappy about the OOC and IC topics. They dont seem necessary, from what I've seen the other RP games only need only one topic, and they do just fine.

Actually, Out-of-Character and In-Character threads, while not having been done on this forum in recent memory, are a perfectly acceptable way of separating the story from the five hundred dudes who interupt it with "ZOMG DIS ID SO AWESUM DOODS!!!!1!!1" every five to ten posts. The IC thread is for the players to play in, and for the rest of us to enjoy reading.

I'd love to post a character, but the sign-ups are closed. I'll definently be keeping an eye out for openings though. :D

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2009, 10:52:59 pm »

Cow: OoC/IC split is fine. I did it to one of my offsite RPs because the OoC got out of hand.

E: inaluct, since when were you WorkerDrone, exactly?
e: put my commentary in green also to make it easier to see.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 10:56:49 pm by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2009, 10:57:01 pm »

Posted my first! Is it about what we should be doing?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2009, 10:58:39 pm »

Dude, you just made me choke on my friggen hamburger.

;D
Good job!

As to Org's post in the IC thread... *facepalm*

This is why we can't have nice things. Seriously.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2009, 11:01:07 pm »

I'm starting to think Org is like, 8. Really.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2009, 11:01:49 pm »

Panda, you're Workerdrone, too, now. Look in your heart. See what you have become!

fight die emperor etc

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2009, 11:03:03 pm »

Dude, you just made me choke on my friggen hamburger.

;D
Good job!
Glad to help. :D

inaluct, what are you talking about?

It is my duty to strike down the Xeno, the Mutant, and the Heretic. I will preform it to my fullest ability, until either all of them have been killed, or I have died. I will have faith in the Emperor protecting my soul, just as my Power Armour protects my body. With Chainsword, with Bolter, I shall fight on, and never retreat. Never falter. Never Fear.

Should I Charge The Enemy, Fight With Me! Should I Retreat, Kill Me! Should I Die In Battle, Avenge me!
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2009, 11:03:49 pm »

OH MY GOD WHAT IS GOING ON?!

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2009, 11:05:26 pm »

I really cant say I understand this form of RPG at all, I mean I know DM, but this is a bit... err odd?

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2009, 11:05:41 pm »

OH MY GOD WHAT IS GOING ON?!

Be at peace my child.
For the Emperor protects.

I really cant say I understand this form of RPG at all, I mean I know DM, but this is a bit... err odd?

That's because it's not an RPG, it's an RP. Imagine it as a community story, only instead of the writers having control over all characters, they each have one and must right from that point of view.

It should make for an awesome story, assuming it survives Armock (I refuse to pretend that he is the real God of Blood) and Org.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 11:10:37 pm by rickvoid »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2009, 11:07:15 pm »

Me and Pandadrone are basically acting as stewards for Workerdrone's RPG. Since he isn't here, we're acting as he would. Basically, we're making sure people don't all stampede in with stupid characters and expect to be accepted.

It is my duty to strike down the Xeno, the Mutant, and the Heretic. I will preform it to my fullest ability, until either all of them have been killed, or I have died. I will have faith in the Emperor protecting my soul, just as my Power Armour protects my body. With Chainsword, with Bolter, I shall fight on, and never retreat. Never falter. Never Fear.

Should I Charge The Enemy, Fight With Me! Should I Retreat, Kill Me! Should I Die In Battle, Avenge me!

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2009, 11:08:54 pm »

Shoot! And I was just thinking of changing my character into a talking dog named pete who can fire lazer beams. :-[

Also yeah, this whole RPG thing...
I dont want to go to Gaia to find out about it, someone explain....

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2009, 11:11:03 pm »

Me and Pandadrone are basically acting as stewards for Workerdrone's RPG. Since he isn't here, we're acting as he would. Basically, we're making sure people don't all stampede in with stupid characters and expect to be accepted.

Oh, so you guys are not really somehow morphing into him? Oh... That's a load off my mind.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2009, 11:16:34 pm »

cowofdoom, rickvoid just explained. An RP is a community story, a collaborative work of fiction under the direction of the RP's leader/GM. There is no "win" condition, no predetermined end. The goal is simply to have our characters interact and tell an entertaining story.

KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2009, 11:19:35 pm »

cowofdoom, rickvoid just explained. An RP is a community story, a collaborative work of fiction under the direction of the RP's leader/GM. There is no "win" condition, no predetermined end. The goal is simply to have our characters interact and tell an entertaining story.

I kind of gave up on him after he referenced an earlier mention of Gaia Online. Had he actually bothered to read the damn thread he'd have known he was using that reference so very, very wrong.

Thanks anyway though.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18