Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: Twenty Million Miles From Home OOC  (Read 25550 times)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Twenty Million Miles From Home OOC
« on: March 05, 2009, 06:11:55 pm »

The vessel drifted slowly, its hull exposed to the bright light of a distant star. Scars dotted the hull, but none that could even scratch past thick armoured plates that covered its entire surface. Dark steel rimmed portholes spread out, with equally dark rooms.

A ringing erupts in your ears, and you almost fall off your bunk in fright before you blearily realise that its just your wake up alarm, an irritation that comes your PDA every singal 'morning'. The bright lights come on in your room, exposing the rather dull taupe walls of your cramped quarters. Your even further irritated by the daily dosage of elevator music that pervades your room from your PDA.

Its soon replaced by an even louder noise. Sirens sound, and a dark red light is casted over your head from bright white.

Attention. Attention. All crew, battlestations. Possible hostiles approaching.

You pull on your navy blue jump suit, pull on your service hat, and run out of your quarters in haste. A sign in bold letters flys over your head as more people join you out in the corridors.

Weapon Stations

You've just lost contact with 'home'. You have, in theory, enough supplies for years, and food and water is not a problem, but this isn't a colony vessel. Its a military vessel. You can't stay in one place, and you have neither the will or the supplies to settle on a planet, even if you could find a Terran-like one. Assailed by an unknown enemy, your a low rank crew men, neither a marine, nor a officer. Keep your Omniportent vessel from falling through improvised means through the chaos. Once the chain of command starts to break down through the chaos, it'll not be up to the marines, busy with their boarding actions to stop this alien menace. It'll be yourself. Can you survive, crewman?

...And thats the general feeling. Your just a man. You have no knowledge as to whats going on. You have only basic skills. You are all regular human beings. Neither futuristic super soldiers, nor combat hardended veterans. What would you do if your vessel was assailed on all sides? Inside, AND outside? What if you had to face a problem that didn't just envolve fighting off attackers, but also concerning yourself with your own vessel? It is your life. And it may very well be your grave. One little vacume tear, one explosion, one stray bullet in a crossfire, and your dead like so many others.

You are merely a man who got recruited for the wrong vessel. A peon to maintain such status as a ship. But now your all humans. And humans survive.

Will you survive?

Name:
Bio:

General:

The Retribution**

The new layout of the ship is as follows.

Outer Hall and Armor
Storage/Hanger Bay
Living Quarters
Sickbay/Communications/Armoury/R&D/The Bridge
Engineering
Center: Reactor Core
Engineering
Sickbay/Communications/Armoury/R&D/The Bridge
Living Quarters
Storage/Hanger Bay
Outer Hull and Armor

**For Rick. Cheers mate.

Everyone has the basic rank of 'Crewman'. You are a basic go to person, who handels basic jobs. Positions can be requested, and possibly not go through depending on how well you. Once you get past the first battle, an entire new world opens up to you. You can go through the officer route, and actually do something with the ships weapon systems in ship to ship combat, maintaining its systems. You could go the Marine Route, possibly going on boarding actions or defending the ship far more effectively then you will now. Or you could be a pilot, using a fighter to combat other enemy small craft. The only road closed to you is captain of the vessel.

Ship Size: The ship is Four Kilometres long, most of it being armoured bulk to shake off blows. The rest being oversized stores, reactors, engines, and basic ship needs. The rest is the ship itself, to which you know how to get to each and every area. It doesn't mean you'll always be able to however, in the heat of battle.

Basic Lore: Not to much background information, besides it being a bit off from the 21st century, that the Earth is not united, and that you are aboard a multinational owned Exploration Vessel, fitted together, rearmed and repaired from a older vessel from last century. It was born and space, and it'll at some point die in space, either destroyed now by these alien scum, or mothballed later.

Weapons in Armoury (Just because I can.):

10mm Sidearm-Clip-12
7.29 Helix-Floyd Rifle, Clip-8
Wolfspark Assualt Rifle, Clip-32
Panther Mk II Sniper Rifle, Clip-4
A.R.C Launcher (Though I wouldn't recommend using it unless you like the cold depths of space.)
Remmington 2246 Model Shotgun-Shells 2
Proto Type Weapons (Research and Development) More Information Needed.

Starting Equipment:

PDA (New information will be alerted to you.)
Navy Blue Uniform
10mm Sidearm
Basic Multitool

Objective: Your a crewman. Your only official orders are to keep the ship in working order, and to defend it when you can.

Type of Game:

Roleplay. Must be realistic. Must be at least semi-serious. I don't want to see your forum personality popping into here.

This might need some fleshing out, but otherwise, its pretty casual except for the setting. That might flesh into a real story, but right now, there is only basic stuff in the lines of a story.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 01:43:47 am by WorkerDrone »

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Twenty Million Miles From Home.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 06:15:38 pm »

Name: Gaweir Orsidious
Deck: 1
Bio: Came from a large town on the west coast of America, he had avoided most of the gangs that had infested the place he called home, making a decent living. But when the bombing started, most people had to leave while Law Enforcment units had dug the area clean of warring gang factions. Gaweir had signed up for the expedition as soon as he heard of it, thinking it would be an adventure. Turns out, its was just really cramped.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 06:28:46 pm »

Name: Desmond Hickey
Deck: 6, Hangar Bay
Bio: Well, not much to say. He grew up in the US Midwest and was going to be a mechanic before the Second Space Race started to effect his home. Then a military recruitment booth opened up at the local town hall, and he signed up for the Space Corps of Engineers. It paid better than any other job and he had the opportunity none of his family had, to enter space. Not that he spoke much with his family after an accident that left a good portion of his right arm scarred and forever stained.
 Once in the SCE he was trained in the repair of small ships. Then that training was thrown promptly out the window as he was shipped out before he got anything beyond the basic training. In that time, he grew the desire to pilot planes like his father did as a crop duster.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 06:46:32 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 06:34:07 pm »

Duke, your not quite on par with an engineer like that. You have basic skills, meaning basic, not general, and no specializations. Basic training took weeks, and we wern't brought aboard to serve much of a purpose besides the grunt work. Like I said, you arn't in the grander element of things, or even in the on hands element of things.

We're just a bunch of dudes in the wrong place at the wrong time, with no where else to go but space.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 06:42:17 pm »

Name: Wolsey Duane
Deck: 8
Bio: A classic example of wasted potential-born in the South, scraped by in school, drafted into the military, where he showed an aptitude for engineering and electronics. A few years of pounding the ground convinced him to sign up for the corps, which he did, on a dare from his friends.

No one can say for sure how he was chosen for the expedition over so many other better-qualified candidates. He has barely worked on a space going vessel before, and never this long. His primary expertise is mechanics-he spends half his day running around fixing a hundred little odds and ends that break over and over, every day...

Desmond is known as a prankster among the crew, and has a loud mouth. He is rarely purposely malicious, but has little regard for others feelings.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 06:45:02 pm »

Name: Ifrit Tenge
Deck: 2
Bio: Grew up in a isolated village in the mountains, never had any training working ships or any complex mechanical equations or anything. But the mafia was on his tail for failing to pay off a loan. The only escape was to venture into the city and join a expedition into space.

Anyhow so how does this work? Like, how do turns and all that work out?

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 07:02:08 pm »

Not a RTD. Its just kind of a RP.

I didn't want to work numbers, or any kind of combat system.

At this point, its just a basic set of rules.

No Powerplaying.
No Godmodding.
And THE INTERNET IS SERIOUS FU-

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 07:03:44 pm »

Signing up, making profile soooon. I'll edit it into here.

Name: Kurtis Sewell
Deck: 6
Bio: Kurtis is a fairly smart but very lazy, short-attention-spanned Crewman. He generally works the hanger bay doors and occasionally acts as an assistant to the guy in charge of scrambling the fighters.

After slogging through his middle education with mediocre grades, Kurtis chose "the adventures of space" (as the poster advertised it) over the drudgery of higher education.

He's beginning to wish he'd chosen higher education.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 07:33:09 pm by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 07:06:27 pm »

Not a RTD. Its just kind of a RP.

I didn't want to work numbers, or any kind of combat system.

At this point, its just a basic set of rules.

No Powerplaying.
No Godmodding.
And THE INTERNET IS SERIOUS FU-

I ment, what do we need to do exactly? Also whats godmodding and powerplaying?

SombreChapaeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 07:10:58 pm »

Name: Sam Chapeau
Deck: Bridge
Bio: My parents didn't love me, my life sucks, and I have to keep getting the bridge crew their coffees! Sam is 19 years old, and joined the expedition thinking he would instantly get into a position of power with his obvious qualifications... he fetches coffee and is not pleased, he does minor acts of rebellion when he thinks he can get away with it, and has stolen some Glowing Sandwich thing from the R&D people, because of that time the Captain's aide had to go down there and just "HAD" to have the coffee on the bridge, not that r&d crap.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 11:59:23 pm by SombreChapaeu »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 07:11:35 pm »

Various Nonsense Battle Fortress in RP mode. That is powerplaying and godmodding.

I get the feeling this will be a freeform Roleplay. In essence, we are all the DM. The only reason we don't go and screw everything up is that it won't be entertaining.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 07:12:42 pm »

Godmodding, basicly doing everything with 100% accuracy, 100% success, and 100% 'awesomeness against all you n00bs'.

Powerplaying just generally being taking other peoples characters and RPing major actions without their consent. If  you PMed eachother for a specific post, that'd be all fine. Otherwise, people just get angry.

And the last one is SERIOUS FU-

Nevermind. You guys get that last one.
Also,

SOMBRECHAPAEU! Edit that post, and get rid of the pistol.

Why?

'CAUSE THE INTERNET IS SERIOUS F-

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 07:17:22 pm »

Godmodding, basicly doing everything with 100% accuracy, 100% success, and 100% 'awesomeness against all you n00bs'.

Powerplaying just generally being taking other peoples characters and RPing major actions without their consent. If  you PMed eachother for a specific post, that'd be all fine. Otherwise, people just get angry.

And the last one is SERIOUS FU-

Nevermind. You guys get that last one.
Also,

SOMBRECHAPAEU! Edit that post, and get rid of the pistol.

Why?

'CAUSE THE INTERNET IS SERIOUS F-
I still dont know what to do...

do I just post my action or something? Or do I wait for your consent?

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 07:18:27 pm »

Eh...Duke, why don't you explain.

Also, I'm going to start the RP fairly soon, but Pandar still needs to make his profile, and maybe some other people want to join. At this point, there are no slots for players. As long as you guys post, you can pretty much keep the game going with as many people as possible.

Just one thing. Please, once a post rotation has started, don't break off and post like crazy for an entire page with only one or two other people. If a certain person doesn't post for a day, someone may jump in and do so, but give other people a chance to get their words out.

Oh, also, this is going to be the OOC page. Will make the main RP in a different thread. If you have anything OOC to say, say it here please.

*Words*
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 07:22:02 pm by WorkerDrone »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 07:34:08 pm »

My profile is up. Ready when you guys are!
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18