Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Chrononauts (TURN 4, in the works! Time-Travelling Card Game, With Roleplay!)  (Read 15845 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Oh well, sry for the incovenience. ::)

Gratz to whoever won!

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, I blame myself for this, not knowing what I was getting myself into. I was thinking this new java program/game might make it easier to keep track of all the cards...

In any event, to seal the deal:

Name: Johnson
I Joined the Corps for the Glamour
…but I ain't seen it yet. Mostly I clean up after the star agents, sloppy bastards. No matter how hard I work, it's always "Johnson! Look what you let slip through!" Sure, thousands die early in Japan to prevent the Great Burn, but I'm getting demoted for the one missed newspaper issue: "Dewey Defeats Truman!"
Years:
1. 1868: Andrew Johnson Impeached
2. 1945A: Allied Troops Invade Tokyo
3. 1950': Zeppelin Factory Opened in Seoul

a1s wins.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 11:25:49 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile

NO HE DOESN'T DAMNIT THE TIMESTREAM IS DIFFERENT

THAT MAKES NO SENSE
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here's how it works, without taking into account "everybody move at once".

a1s sees that history has changed to fit his timestream thing. He therefore decides to Go Back Home.

He now lives in the timestream, living a happy retirement in his own timeline, and dying in his own timeline. Even if the timestream changes, a1s just disappers from existence. He still wins, even if he no longer exists.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 11:29:38 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Then why did he care that it changed in the first place? He can just live in his own timeline.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Then why did he care that it changed in the first place? He can just live in his own timeline.
Because time travellers go back in time and mess it up.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because, whomever caused the timestream to changed also somehow got him out of his own timestream. So the goal of the player is to return back to this "original" timestream.

Or, what webadict said.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because time travellers go back in time and mess it up.
BUT WE MESSED IT UP AFTER HE WENT BACK! WHY DID HE STILL WIN?
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Because, whomever caused the timestream to changed also somehow got him out of his own timestream. So the goal of the player is to return back to this "original" timestream.

Or, what webadict said.
Simply put:

A lives in Universe A at Time A
A goes back in time to Time B
A changes events to an unknown Universe B
Universe A at Time A is no longer accessible.
A must chance events to match those of Universe A in order to reach Universe A at Time A.

Once A reaches Universe A at Time A, he has nothing to worry about. If B from Universe B at Time A went back, he'd only muddle his perception of the Time Stream. Therefore, A still lives in Universe A, even though he might theoretically not exist.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, I talked with Squeegy, and he plans on running a new Chrononauts game. If you like to play that game, go right ahead.

Locking thread to help drive activity over to that thread.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]