Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Chrononauts (TURN 4, in the works! Time-Travelling Card Game, With Roleplay!)  (Read 15871 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chrononauts (TURN 2! Time-Travelling Card Game, With Roleplay!)
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2009, 01:49:22 pm »

Time: unknown, possibly circa 65 million BCE
Place: uncertain

The Trusted Name in News, Tomorrow's News Today, live on the escalating Stegosaur Crisis! Reporter, what's going on here?

8) It's still not very clear, but it seemed that 4 different people has attempted to steal a Stegosaur. One of them, Dale, hired a bunch of temporal mercenaries in order to disable them, but just before they came, Mary Sue arrived with her own temporal mercenaries in order to protect the Stegosaur from ever being captured in the first place.

:) *firing lasers* STEALING DINOSAURS IS VERY WRONG! MARY SUE WILL SAVE YOU, STEGGY!

8) The situation escalated when the mysterious agent Zane called in for reinforcements, calling in the help of his home nation in order to secure the area, so as to ensure the safe extraction of "Steggy". It all went downhill from there, as each of the other poachers just fled, and alerted their past self to escalate. Furthermore, while some people have been dying left and right, their future selves rushed in, and changed the past so that they stay alive, so the battle continues, with no end in sight.

Can you give us an overview of the factions?

8) Sure thing.

Mary Sue:

The Anti-Poaching Unit was granted full clearance by dispatcher Mary Sue in order to prevent any of the Poachers from stealing the Dinosaur. The Anti-Poaching Unit is lightly armed but they have the ability of cannon fooder, and have been steeled by dedication to the cause of preventing poaching. Their forces are being supplemented by two militas, the "Animal Liberation Front" and the "People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals", who is currently attempting to kill off the grandparents of each of the Poachers, so as to wipe them from existence.

Mary Sue's main goal is to ensure the dinosaur does not get caught at all, in order to deter any poachers from ever engaging in poaching...ever.

Dale (Dwarmin):

These rogue "temporal mercenaries" have been hired by Dale, in return for ensuring the timeline will be fixed. Offically a part of the Time Repair Agency, these mercenaries believed that serving time travellers is the best way to get their agenda across. They are armed with non-lethal weaponary, but will not hesitate to defend themselves if need be.

Walter (Xenomorph):

The United States military has sent temporal troops into the area, who are attempting to clear the area, to allow for future deployment of troops. According to unidenitifed sources, the US Military is afraid of the threat of communism within the prehistoric era. "If the USSR gets a hold on a dinosaur and trains it, the US' deterrence ability is destroyed. We have to fight this war, because if we lose this war, the United States will collaspe," said military general Alexander. They appear to be working closely with Walter. The US army is told to take no prisoners, all potential enemy forces must die.

Zane (Tylui):

Right now, Zane's military forces are engaged in a heavy bombardment of the area, but ensuring that "Steggy" does not get hurt during the bombardment. The bombings are fierce, and its main goal seems to terrorize the rival forces into fleeing the area without the need of landing any ground troops. However, as many forces has already made fortifications within the area, the bombardments does not seem to be working in their task.

There are rumors that Zane is attempting to bribe people from the other factions, promising them futuristic technologies if they defect to Zane's side.

Fruitbasket (Org):

The "Waagh of One", as it's been called, is still managing to survive, despite having a lack of reinforcements. Bearing a remarkable likeness to the same person who saved Lincoln's life back in 1865, the Fruitbasket shows a barbaric ferocity unmatched by the other factions. His trademark tactic of rushing into the fray of battle has a remarkable effect on morale.

[[Winner of this battle to be determined by random.org. Stay tuned!]]
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 01:54:30 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2009, 02:04:51 pm »

Michael leans back in his chair, staring at the display. He lets loose a laugh as he watches the fight. Typical... Always fighting about dinosaurs. Time travelers are stupid now as they are... will be... were? Who knows the correct case?

He looks down at the cassette in his hands. It was worth more than any dinosaur possibly was. He couldn't believe anyone had thrown out this tape. The fools!

*DING* His popcorn was done. Now he can watch this fight end.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2009, 03:12:37 pm »

LOL

That is all.  ;D
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2009, 07:12:39 pm »

Becuase I got pressured, here's some other stuff.
*Pandarsenic plays the 1950 ZEPPELIN FACTORY, gaining one extra Card to her his hand.
*Webadict plays Rewind and gets the artifact Videotape of the Universe from the discard pile.
*Xenomorph plays Prevent Assassination on 1936 and saves Hitler's life, stopping the paradoxes caused by Hitler's death.
*Squeegy plays the Crown of Thorns.
*Dragooble plays Reverse Fate on 1865, thereby getting Lincoln killed.
*a1s plays Reverse Fate on 1942, thereby stopping the Manhattan Project.
*Shades attempts to play a patch just before Xenomorph tries to stop Hitler's death. Shades succeds! Shades play '1948B: State of Palestine Declares Indepedence, Defeats Israel (Patch)'! The State of Israel no longer exists!

Then Xenomorph comes in and saves Hitler's life, thereby wiping the State of Palestine off the map. However, for a brief second, Shades repaired a paradox. As reward for actually doing something at the Time Repair Agency instead of stealing dinosaurs, Shades gets one extra card!

Cards:
Webadict=3 Cards
Xenomorph=3 Cards
Squeegy=3 Cards
Dragooble=3 Cards
a1s=3 Cards
Org=3 Cards
Dwarmin=3 Cards
Tylui=3 Cards
Shades=4 Cards
Pandarsenic=4 Cards

And the big finish. Who gets the DINOSAUR?

During the fighting, Dale's temporal mercenaries routed the Anti-Poaching Unit, forcing them to retreat and leave the Stegosaur behind. Dale took the chance and flipped the Time Machine on, taking "Steggy" and leaving the temporal mercenaries to fend for themselves.

Dale wins the war!

Dwarmin gets the Stegosaur. Org and Tylui keeps their "Get There First!" cards though.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 07:24:16 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2009, 07:15:35 pm »

*Pandarsenic plays the 1950 ZEPPELIN FACTORY, gaining one extra Card to her hand.

HEY! :<
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2009, 07:24:31 pm »

Sorry. I'm not good at determing gender based on username. My bad.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2009, 07:25:13 pm »

*Pandarsenic plays the 1950 ZEPPELIN FACTORY, gaining one extra Card to her hand.

*snicker*`

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2009, 07:26:23 pm »

Sorry. I'm not good at determing gender based on username. My bad.

It's simple there are no guys on the internet.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2009, 07:26:48 pm »

*snicker*`
Don't make me forget to add you to Ridiculous Mafia's next round, too. <_<
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2009, 07:28:09 pm »

*snicker*`

snickers with webadict.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2009, 07:45:34 pm »

*snicker*`

snickers with webadict.
... You're getting all kinds of bastard-y post restrictions in the next round, I assure you. >_>
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2009, 07:48:06 pm »

Maybe.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2009, 07:54:01 pm »

Maybe.

I hope you like posting a prime number of haiku greater than 7 in each next round, because you're going to do that at least once, I assure you.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2009, 07:55:15 pm »

Panda, a mean man
He likes to discriminate on me, Org,
And I am now sad
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 08:01:37 pm by Org »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2009, 08:00:50 pm »

Panda, a mean man
He likes to pick one me, Org,
And I am now sad
What's this? The number of haiku in that post was not greater than 7.

MODKILLLL!
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9