Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Chrononauts (TURN 4, in the works! Time-Travelling Card Game, With Roleplay!)  (Read 15857 times)

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chrononauts (Sign-Up Now! Time-Travelling Card Game, With Roleplay!)
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2009, 05:36:18 pm »

are we posting profiles then?
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2009, 05:45:34 pm »

I was RP'ing my first turn there
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2009, 05:48:52 pm »

ah so we should start rp'ing now?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2009, 06:42:58 pm »

May 6, 1937 AD, 7:09 PM Local Time:
Lakehurst Naval Air Station, New Jersey

"Genius..." Oliver muttered. "I couldn't have done it better myself." The rough material of his gloves sifted the explosive powder beside the battery and wires. The timer would connect the battery and run a current through the explosive powder in about a quarter of an hour.

Only now it wouldn't. Oliver took the battery out. He'd encountered a future self recently and received a schematic of the Hindenburg, with a small "x" marked where he was now. He made a point of copying it to another piece of paper - so as to avoid a small-scale paradox from the paper's infinite age if he passed the same one on - and checked the "x," finding the makeshift but practical bomb. Pocketing the battery, he clicked a button on his pocket watch, traveling again. Now that this work was done, he had an idea....
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2009, 06:52:01 pm »

unknown time, agency headquarters.
issac, not even living long enough to graduate high school didn't have a good enough understanding of what exactly needed to be done to rewrite history back to what it was. so he left the initiation room for the library to study the entire history of the world from 2012 to the beginning of the 20th century.
after hours of searching the only substantial information he found was some guy preventing the U.S from entering some war in 1917. angrily tossing the book aside he continued his search. he always did hate studying when he was alive.

Xenomorph

• Bay Watcher
  • has sprung from ambush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2009, 07:11:25 pm »

(OOC: Just RPing a move I made earlier.)

Time: unknown, possibly circa 65 million BCE
Place: uncertain

Time travel is a risky business.  Especially when your Chrono-Transfer Unit is an antique from the 1950s (except when it wasn't).

Such is the case for Walter.

He had intended to go and... what was it again?  Something to do with the early twentieth century?  Well, no matter now.  When you intend to travel a couple of decades and end up in the Age of the Dinosaurs, these things slip from your mind.  He'd have to make another trip anyway.

Still, he was determined to make every chrono-transfer count.  This time, he would procure a live dinosaur.  Maybe that Stegosaurus over there...

He would have to be careful.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2009, 07:45:18 pm »

Alright, I have received 6 orders. Let see if I can get the other 4 people...
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2009, 08:11:14 pm »

hmmm. everyone seems to be progressing. maybe i'll do something to screw with people if there's nothing else worthwhile doing.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2009, 08:25:09 pm »

Year: December 25, 1970 AD, 3:10 PM
Place: USA, Louisiana, Pontchartrain Bridge

Mason checked his watch. This was the place, this was the time. A man was supposedly dumping a forgery of a Mona Lisa here, and he had come to collect it. He didn't exactly know how this was supposed to fit into his history, but he wasn't going to argue.
He looked up and saw a man carrying a brown parcel walk onto the bridge. The man lifted it over the bridge, and Mason ran towards him. Knocking him down, he grabbed the parcel before the man dropped it and ran off into the night.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2009, 08:26:41 pm »

New Rule Change:

If you are discarding an artifact, it will be presumed that you had acquired the artifact, but are throwing it away since you don't need it. This is a very important presumption because it means that "Get There First" can be used to acquire a discarded artifact.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2009, 08:31:12 pm »

hmmm so that was pure roleplaying that last turn? no cards involved?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2009, 08:33:03 pm »

[[DELETED]]]

So, three more people left...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 08:42:31 pm by Servant Corps »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2009, 12:23:55 am »

I have an idea...if anybody wants to go in and replace any of the three people that have not sent in their turns yet, they can do so by posting. I'll send them a character sheet and their cards, and they can tell me what to do.

Alternatively, if you haven't sent in your turn and you need help in determing what to do, you can PM me with any questions. I mean, I think I know they're active, but they haven't even sent me anything.
* Servant Corps shrugs.

EDIT: If nothing happens anyway, I guess I could freeze your hand, and wait three turns. If you don't even do anything in three turns, well...the Fate Police intervenes...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 12:48:04 am by Servant Corps »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2009, 03:41:36 pm »

I am confused. Just got back, had something that took Friday, Saturday, and most of today...
Do i Pm you my turn?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2009, 03:43:16 pm »

Yeah, just PM me your turn and RP in this thread.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9