Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Chrononauts (TURN 4, in the works! Time-Travelling Card Game, With Roleplay!)  (Read 15851 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Chrononauts (Sign-Up Now! Time-Travelling Card Game, With Roleplay!)
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009, 09:56:47 pm »

Might I suggest visual representation (at least for reference) with which linchpins (Not lichpins, linchpins) are linked by and/or relations to which cards? The and/or ones are gonna get us as-is.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2009, 10:03:29 pm »

Sorry for misspelling linchpin. I don't know of any way to make visual represenation, but for this game (due to modification of the game), all the linchpins are "OR" cases. If you change just one event, you'll cause/prevent the paradoxes listed underneath the Linchpin.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2009, 10:05:23 pm »

Ah, okay.

When should we start?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2009, 11:35:31 pm »

When I send out the PMs of both your roles and the first three cards, then I'll make an introductory post.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2009, 11:37:52 pm »

Well, I meant kind of "When should that point be?"

Are we waiting for a time or for a player count?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2009, 11:39:30 pm »

We're waiting for me to finish deciding roles and then deciding what three cards each person draws.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2009, 11:52:14 pm »

Ah. Mmkay.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2009, 05:45:02 pm »

if it's not too late i will be joining as well.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2009, 10:27:14 pm »

sorry for the double post but what is this "years" thing i see in my profile? are those my cards?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2009, 10:46:19 pm »

The years thing represent what you want to change history to in order to win. One way to win the game is to ensure that the current Timestream matches the Years that are in your profile that I sent to you.

Your Cards to you haven't been handed yet, because I'm still trying to generate them.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2009, 12:41:24 am »

:) Thank you for signing up with the Time Repair Agency. As we say at the Time Repair Agency, We Rewrite History.

10 Time Travellers are sitting in an orientation room, with a female instructor smiling constantly. They then begin to realize one thing different about this female instructor...she's 15 and a half years old.

:) My name is Lieutenant Mary Sue. I will be your dispatcher. You may know me as a famous Federation war leader who waged successful campagins against the Borg.

:( Except you didn't, since the Federation was wiped out due to a Time Paradox. This is why I joined up with the Time Repair Agency, so that I may wage war against those evil time paradoxes.

:) I had a very long and very successful career in the Time Repair Agency, where I stopped three mega-conspiracies, made out with ten Presidents, and gained a very high security clearance. And so, in order to help you understand the trials and tribulations that you will face in the Time Repair Agency, as well as give you pointers as to how to accomplish your goals, I will lecture about my life's story...

Mary Sue looks up and sees that the 10 Time Travellers has already left the orientation room.

:-\ Class dismissed?

Turn 1 begins.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 12:43:27 am by Servant Corps »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2009, 03:25:40 pm »

Yeah, drawing cards when you don't have the actual cards is a bit of a pain. I have to set up an Excel worksheet that crashes every hour on the hour. So, turns are a tad slow. This also explains why the introduction is a bit...er...sparse.

That being said, I got 3 people already sending me orders. Hopefully when all the people send in their orders, I'll post the second turn with a bit more detail than the introduction.

EDIT: Also, please RP! RP is one of the few reasons I actually decided to go through this. RP like time travelling. Or something. Right?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 03:35:53 pm by Servant Corps »

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2009, 03:46:15 pm »

ok two more questions. 1: i want clear up if i understand the time paradox thing. a year being in a time paradox is just basically a status condition for that year? technically speaking history is still the same in that year? and 2: how should we roleplay? like do we pm you the card we play and how we went about fulfilling that card?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2009, 03:51:25 pm »

1: i want clear up if i understand the time paradox thing. a year being in a time paradox is just basically a status condition for that year? technically speaking history is still the same in that year?

Yeah, pretty much. However, if you have that Year as part of your ID I sent you, you can't go back to your time, until the Paradox status goes away (either via a Patch or the Paradox going away by some other means).

2: how should we roleplay? like do we pm you the card we play and how we went about fulfilling that card?

That could be one way. You could also post in this thread talking to the other players. Then again, nothing much has happened yet, so the low amount of RP can be forgiven.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2009, 05:16:22 pm »

Year: December 25, 1970 AD, 3:13 PM
Place: USA, Louisiana, Pontchartrain Bridge

Dale hefted the bulky painting over the edge, watching it spin edge over edge into the murky waters. It was a very nice fake of the Mona Lisa, and useless to him. He was more annoyed that he had killed someone for it…some people just don’t listen to reason. He also tossed a small black object as well, laughing as he did so. Quite entertaining!

He walked back to his truck, meaning to drive into town and enjoy some Cajun while here. There was a specific restaurant he was looking for…best food in the state, and they never changed their recipe, at least as long as the original owner or his family ran it…it had burned down a few years ago because of a lightning strike. Of course, it didn’t actually burn down. He changed it. A simple suggestion to the owner over a few drinks and he installed a lightning rod.

The place was going bankrupt of course, would close in about 15 years-he had tried a few hundred permutations of the timeline in an attempt to save it, but all had so far been in vain. Never the same. Never the same…never. He was thinking this time, that perhaps a small amount of family tragedy could do the trick. He could always try again if he failed.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 05:38:05 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9