Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Chrononauts (TURN 4, in the works! Time-Travelling Card Game, With Roleplay!)  (Read 15847 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chrononauts (TURN 3! Time-Travelling Card Game, With Roleplay!)
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2009, 05:31:38 pm »

Heh Heh...er...

Whoops. A little confusion on my part led to me not updating. Update coming shortly, I just realized what a stupid mistake I made.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chrononauts (TURN 2! Time-Travelling Card Game, With Roleplay!)
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2009, 05:55:08 pm »

September 14, 1949
Seoul, Seoul Korea

"In less than six months, I can guarantee you a zeppelin fleet unlike any the world has ever seen," Oliver declared, looking the South Korean diplomat in the eye.

"How?" the diplomat replied skeptically. "Even Western production levels would not be enough - you do not have enough factories either."

"Mister Ma, my business is not in building zeppelins. It's in building factories," Oliver replied. "We have a partnership with several zeppelin-part-producing companies, and the North Koreans boldness will not continue to grow as it has if you have an overwhelmingly powerful air force...."

The diplomat smiled. "That may be true. But the costs of a South Korean air force might be a tad too expensive. Maybe, it might cause a bit of a paradox?"

One temporal merc step out of the shadows and stun Oliver.

"It's alright, Oliver. All the Time Repair Agency just needs those Hidenburg plans..." The so-called "Mister Ma" takes the Hinderburg plans from Oliver, and tears it apart. "Without these plans, there is no way you will hand them off to your past self, and the Hinderburg will be blown apart."

"Good play there," said the temporal merc. "Such a brilliant scheme. Listen, I got a busy schedule. First, I have to kill off Roland Regan, and then after that, I got a contract with Dale to steal some dinosaur."

"Sure thing."

((Shades played the Restore History (Inverter) card, thereby reverting the 1938 event back to Original History. The Hinderburg explodes.))

Other Moves:
*Tyliu played 1944D: Stalemate (Patch).
---Tyliu attempted to play Stalemate, but Shades managed to block it by playing Restore History. Tyliu's card remains in his hand.
---Tyliu instead decides to play Discontinuty! Your hands get shifted...to the leeeft.
*Xenomorph plays Fast Foward. He quick-tripped into the future, grabbing "Tommorow's Newspaper Today". He then played the Gagdet "Really Fast Time Machine". (EDIT: Opps. Turns out somebody already have that artifact, just in their hand. You get a second action, but you can't find Tomorrow's Newspaper Today. My Bad.)
*webadict reverses 1981. Regan gets killed on the operating table!
*Panda plays the patch 1945A: Allied Troops Invade Tokyo! She draws one card!
*Org came up with a sneaky plan. Replace the Videotape of the Begining of the Universe with a video about the Dinosaurs, and then watched as that video get thrown overboard. Org plays "Get There First!" and thereby steals the Videotape.
*Dwarmin plays Get There First! to steal the Mona Lisa (Obivous Forgery) from Squeegy.
*Squeegy plays the card: "Time Vortex". All the cards in your hand will be shuffled and dealt out equally. I'll send you a PM telling you what new cards you get. This PM will also tell you what new card you draw.

1865: Lincoln Assassinated/ Wounded
1868: Andrew Johnson Impeached
1912: Titanic Sinks/ Avoids Iceberg
1914: Archduke Ferdinand Assassinated/ Unharmed in Attack
1915: Lusitania Sinks/ Arrives Safely
1917: US Declares War on Germany
1918: Europe in Ruins after World War I
1929: Stock Market Crashes
1933: The Great Depression
1936: Hitler Opens '36 Olympics/ is Assassinated
1937: Hindenburg Explodes/ Bomb Found
1939: Germany Invades Poland
1941: Pearl Harbor Bombed/ Raid on Pearl Harbor Called Off
1942: Final Solution Undertaken
1943: Manhattan Project / Manhattan Project Sabotaged
1944: D-Day
1945: Allied Forces Invade Tokyo, Patch will be Nullifed if "1941': Raid on Pearl Habor Called Off" or "1943: Manhattan Project" occurs.
1948: Israel Founded
1950: Seoul Captured by North Korea
1957: Sputnik Launched/ Rocket Explodes on Pad
1962: PARADOXED BY 1943
1963: JFK Assassinated/ Injured in Motorcade Shooting
1968: MLK and RFK Assassinated
1969: Apollo-11 Lands on Moon
1974: Nixon Resigns
1981: Reagan Wounded/Regan Assassinated
1986: Challenger Explodes
1991: PARADOXED BY 1981
1993: Waco Compound Burns to Ground/ Standoff Defused Peacefully
1995: Oklahoma City Bombing
1999: Columbine High School Massacre
2001: September 11th/Terrorist Plot Prevented
2003: Iraq War
2007: PARADOXED BY 1981
2010: Israeli-Iranian War
2012: Nothing Happens

Artifact List:
Squeegy:

Crown of Thorns (Artifact)
Originally worn by You Know Who
Recovered from Easter, 33 AD

Dwarmin:
Live Stegosaurus (Artifact)
His name is Steggy

Mona Lisa (Artifact)
(An Obivous Forgery)
Can be passed off as the real thing if no others are in play

Org:
Videotape of the Creation of the Universe (Artifact)
Now On Betamax!
Recovered from Year Zero

Xenomorph:
Really Fast Time Machine (Gagdet)

If you have this Gadget on the table, you may play an extra Inverter or Patch, and draw to replace it, after your normal turn action.

a1s:
Mona Lisa (Artifact)
(An Excellent Forgery)
Passes for original if the real thing is not in play

Discard Pile to be edited in later.
Is it possible the game has already ended? Due to the actions of one person, the timeline managed to fit what her Secret Idenity was. However, it got changed by the actions of other people (well, actually, the actions one person). But, the user did send an order declaring a victory...and I know that if we just wait until the end of the round to determine if somebody wins, the game might be impossible.

If you decide that this User wins the game, well...then this User wins the game, and no need to hand out more cards. But it would mean that this game was a wash, likely due to me.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 10:58:35 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2009, 05:57:42 pm »

Where is my thing?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2009, 06:02:30 pm »

Your thingy, the Videotape of the Universe, is edited in.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2009, 06:02:50 pm »

My move. I think.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, gotcha, I edited your move in.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

Thank you.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile

End of the round. If it gets changed, then obviously they can't win!
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile

Heyy... I kinda get on the net very reliably for awhile... So I'm going to have to quit. :(  Sorry.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Cards?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It will take time for me to Draw them. I'll bump this thread when I'll get the cards dealt out.

Tylui's hand is free for anyone to take. If any new player comes, they can go and take it.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

All I can say, is it would be a shame to end the game so soon  ;)
I'm having more fun thinking of RP than uh..trying to win lol
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, while RPing is fun, the actual "handling of cards" and keeping track of the game isn't that fun. I am begining to regret deciding to start this game, and should have just decided on hosting a Time Travel Mafia game instead of this.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 11:01:28 pm by Servant Corps »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

You should just play the Chrononauts java game that's available for free on the internet.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why didn't you tell me before?

EDIT: And it takes 1 hour to download. Oh dear.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 11:18:27 pm by Servant Corps »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9