Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wildlife Dissappearing  (Read 985 times)

WhiteRabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wildlife Dissappearing
« on: March 04, 2009, 07:10:14 pm »

I was hoping you guys could help me with something.  I'm currently playing the kobold camp mod, and after several seasons of hunting, wildlife has stopped spawning leaving the map completely devoid of animals to hunt.  I was hoping someone could provide me with a way to mod the game to get wildlife to start spawning again, or to prevent the eventual end of wildlife spawning.  Any help appreciated.
-Rabbit

Sinergistic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wildlife Dissappearing
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 08:21:15 pm »

99.9 percent sure this is hardcoded and unchangeable at the moment.

WhiteRabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 08:46:12 pm »

That's a shame.  Thanks for telling me ^^.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 06:53:57 am »

I believe that the code doesn't allow animals to spawn when they're not actually in the area, which means you're basically depopulating the region. The best you could do would be to do something to mod the animals in question to be ultra-fertile. That MAY help if they ever stay on screen long enough to get busy.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

WhiteRabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 10:45:45 am »

Does anyone know how to increase fertility?  I noticed a child variable under the animal files, but I don't know what that variable codes for.  It could mean number of children, age before a child becomes an adult or anything really.

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 11:50:37 am »

The [CHILD:?] token is the age difference between a baby and an adult. To increase fertility use the [liTTERSIZE:MIN:MAX] token.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.