Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thinking about a new page for the wiki  (Read 909 times)

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Thinking about a new page for the wiki
« on: March 04, 2009, 01:56:21 am »

I was thinking about a new page for the wiki. It'd essentially be a more condensed, easy-to-use version of the Dwarfputer page-right now it's written for advanced players, and this page would be more about how to use Dwarfputer concepts for simpler means (like automatically-resetting spikes, etc). Thoughts?
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

BirdoPrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about a new page for the wiki
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 06:27:51 am »

I don't think you really need to ask permission to change a wiki... that's kind of the point of the wiki. If the changes are good, they'll stay. Go for it!

Uninvited Guest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 11:39:07 am »

I was thinking about a new page for the wiki. It'd essentially be a more condensed, easy-to-use version of the Dwarfputer page-right now it's written for advanced players, and this page would be more about how to use Dwarfputer concepts for simpler means (like automatically-resetting spikes, etc). Thoughts?

i have considered your proposal and after much deliberation, i have decided to grant you permission to edit the wiki.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 11:46:25 am »

i have considered your proposal and after much deliberation, i have decided to grant you permission to edit the wiki.
After submitting the proper forums and proposing your idea to the board of directors, they decided that it would be okay to submit your request to the Wiki Arbiters. Hopefully, in three weeks time, they will approve it and allow it to be mentioned in the Shareholder meeting. After that, it could be a mere two months before it could be considered to be reviewed by the editing staff. That is, if it passes the Three Trials of Frawd and defeats a trained gorilla in armed combat.
 I have high hopes for this idea.

Edit: Unless the Dictator for Life decides to veto it, which he will, because he vetoes everything. Thankfully, we have streamlined the process from having it pass the challenges of the Hell Temple to merely finding the Gates of Insanity. If the Lovecraftian Horrors happen to be sleeping, this idea could get the Lost Ark and return it to the Temple of Fiends.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 11:48:26 am by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 12:44:57 pm »

Hi, I would really like to know more about this Ironblood fella, a page about him and/or his history would be nice.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 12:49:14 pm »

I'd say it's a good idea. You have my vote; be nice to have a searchable system for constructing simple logic gates.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 02:40:24 pm »

Buncha snarky buggers, aren't we?

No, I was just polling for public opinion. This page would probably incorporate the "Permanent Pressure Plate" bit from the bottom of the pressure plate page (how to set a repeating pressure plate to activate once and not unactivate), as well as other basic fluid logic and machinery stuff. Probably the page name will be something like "Mechanical Tricks" or something simple like that. I'll work on it later. Anyone want to draw up helpful diagrams? I suck at them so the best I can do is using Photoshop or Paint.

Let's see what I'm probably going to be including...

A: Setting up a mechanism-linked object to constantly repeat once activated with a single lever press,

B: (Possible?) Setting a pressure plate to activate once and then stop having any effect when triggered (this is already on the pressure plate page)

Any other suggestions?
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 03:38:59 am »

I am working on it, I'll let you beardchewers take a look at what I have so far while I Cancel Write Wiki Page: Completing class assignment. I know the writing is sloppy, I'm going to rewrite it later or... something. Hmm.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)