Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Paranormal mafia game - Beware of Doppelgangers (Day 3 - game over!)  (Read 31234 times)

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal mafia game - Beware of Doppelgangers (Day 3)
« Reply #120 on: March 10, 2009, 05:05:29 pm »

...Oh. 'Twas probably just because I am so tired, as up until this point I thought I was the lone agent. Which is apparently the case. All right then. That clears things up quite a bit.

Nuke and josh are both Dopps. What I can't figure out is why josh would bother claiming this, other than to cast doubt on my claim. Because if the town kills me, then they'll find out that josh is lying, and they'll just lynch him then. I guess he figured that the Dopps can kill us (the townies) before that happens. Or something.

So I'm going to assume that SC is in fact a townie. That gives us at least three known people (Squeegy, SC, and I). There may be some other people as well, but I don't remember any, which is probably because I'm so damn tired.

Basically:
-NUKE9.13 is a Dopp
-chaoticjosh is also apparently a Dopp
-Servant Corps is the doctor
-I (Zai) am the agent
-Squeegy is the war vet
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 10, 2009, 05:07:43 pm »

You know... I wanna help, but honestly, I'm simply lost.

*sigh*... I'll come up with some statistics and analyze...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2009, 05:14:15 pm »

This is quite the stalemate you've worked out Zai, cause I could say the exact same thing about you. I thought I'd foil your plan when I revealed myself to be the real agent, but, logically, that's not the case.

The way it really is:

Servant Corps is a dopp
Zai is (ostensibly) also a dopp
Me (Joshua) is the Agent
Squeegy is the vet most probably
real doctor is unknown
Nuke is a townie

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 10, 2009, 05:31:26 pm »

So this lynch will come down to trust. Do you choose to trust my word, or josh's word?

Regardless, I ask that if you choose to believe josh, lynch me instead of SC, as he is apparently our doctor (Dopps say that he's a liar but nobody else challenges his claim, thus he must be telling the truth). Though I guess it doesn't really matter, as the Dopps will kill him tonight if he doesn't get lynched. So never mind, I suppose. =/

So josh's plan makes sense. Get the town to turn on the Doc or Agent for the lynch, and then kill the other off at night. But after the first is killed, the town will realize their mistake. But I don't think there will be enough townies left for that to make a difference, as they will just be outvoted by the Dopps during the game, that is if this isn't a Mafia # > Town # = Mafia Success, which it probably is.

I apologize. I think I'm just rambling right now. That often happens when I'm tired. I have (increased) trouble organizing my thoughts when I'm tired.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 10, 2009, 05:48:49 pm »

Okay, so what we've got is a case of 2 people claiming 1 person is guilty after claiming doctor with no counterclaims.

Although, this "claimed" doctor has also survived a night. This seems highly unlikely, because Mafia are likely to go for claimed doctors straightaway. I mean, what mafia risks the chance that their kill is guarded? Although, you do make a good point about framing.

However, what I don't understand is why Squeegy claimed War Vet and then ran off and hid? No one will bother checking him. And since the Cop(s) have roleclaimed, it's just a matter of guessing the right one.

Let's use my list again:

There are 8 of us still alive, with 3 Dopps. That means SC is right. We have to lynch a Dopp today or we lose.

So this lynch will come down to trust. Do you choose to trust my word, or josh's word?

Regardless, I ask that if you choose to believe josh, lynch me instead of SC, as he is apparently our doctor (Dopps say that he's a liar but nobody else challenges his claim, thus he must be telling the truth). Though I guess it doesn't really matter, as the Dopps will kill him tonight if he doesn't get lynched. So never mind, I suppose. =/

So josh's plan makes sense. Get the town to turn on the Doc or Agent for the lynch, and then kill the other off at night. But after the first is killed, the town will realize their mistake. But I don't think there will be enough townies left for that to make a difference, as they will just be outvoted by the Dopps during the game, that is if this isn't a Mafia # > Town # = Mafia Success, which it probably is.

I apologize. I think I'm just rambling right now. That often happens when I'm tired. I have (increased) trouble organizing my thoughts when I'm tired.
And you are wrong, my good friend. You must use logic to solve all these conundrums. You cannot simply use trust to determine this. The Mafia are meant to encourage trust among the town. That way, no one will assume they are Mafia.

I dunno, you just seem suspicious to me Zaithemaster. Something about you seems... suspicious... Wouldn't the Agent have checked the Doctor when claimed? Although, I suppose you thought the claimed Doctor would've been killed that night. But, even still, I would've used the investigation on any claim of doctor.

It comes down to, do I trust the guy who checked the "doctor" or do I trust the guy who checked the random guy. You didn't vote last round, so I can't go off of that and everyone voted for Foboslc the round before.

chaoticjosh voted for you last round, though...

I dunno. The evidence against you is kinda high...

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 10, 2009, 06:06:26 pm »

Although, this "claimed" doctor has also survived a night. This seems highly unlikely, because Mafia are likely to go for claimed doctors straightaway. I mean, what mafia risks the chance that their kill is guarded?

When you consider that there are many different potential targets out there, and the Doctor can only guard one person at a time, and that the Doctor is just as paranoid as anybody else, I would expect the Mafia to think it's a reasonable risk to take.

(The Mafia needs to divide the Townies, to prevent any special Coalition from forming. We know the Alien, the Agent, the Doctor, and the War Veteran, due to roleclaims. The Mafia would likely try to disrupt this coalition from building by attempting to lynch one of the roleclaimed...)

Oh, and since it's really down to the endgame, webadict...I guarded you for two nights straight. Why? Because I thought you were townie. I doubt Mephansteras would send you a PM telling you that I was guarding you. I'm letting you know though.

I know I'm Doctor. Nuke is Doop and chaoticjosh is likely Doop.

I need Squeegy's vote here to break the stalemate. I hope other people will vote too.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 06:10:39 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 10, 2009, 06:12:56 pm »

I apologize for probably not playing this game the best I could. It's the first Mafia game where I was the cop/sheriff/agent, and it wasn't exactly the one where I was the most awake and alert. =/

The reason I didn't vote last turn was because there was a plot twist type thing at the end, and I couldn't decide who to vote for following that.

Wouldn't the Agent have checked the Doctor when claimed? Although, I suppose you thought the claimed Doctor would've been killed that night.

This is what I told Pandarsenic when he PMed me about him being a survival alien and asking for any suspicions. I thought SC would be killed that night if he was the real doctor. If not, I figured he would have to be a Dopp, unless the real Dopps were using reverse psychology (correct term?) to make the townies think SC was a Dopp and have us kill him for them. My plan was to check Nuke on the 2nd night (he seemed most suspicious to me and I was accurate (=D)) and SC the 3rd night. The reason I didn't check SC the 2nd night was because I didn't want to waste another night like I had the first (Cheeetar dying the night that I checked him) if the Dopps chose to kill him.

I still don't know for sure if SC is the doctor. But because josh (who is, in fact, a Dopp, as he is claiming to be the agent when I know I am and there can only be 1 agent per game) is so willing to go after SC, I must assume that SC is not a Dopp. And, because nobody else has claimed to be the doctor and SC must be a townie (so why would he claim to be something that he is not?), I must conclude that SC is the doctor.

To hopefully further clarify things if it's not clear already, the reason I now trust SC to be a townie is not because he claims to be a doc, it's because a Dopp is so intent on voting for him. Up until this point, I thought that SC could very well be a Dopp himself.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 10, 2009, 06:15:00 pm »

Although, this "claimed" doctor has also survived a night. This seems highly unlikely, because Mafia are likely to go for claimed doctors straightaway. I mean, what mafia risks the chance that their kill is guarded?

When you consider that there are many different potential targets out there, and the Doctor can only guard one person at a time, and that the Doctor is just as paranoid as anybody else, I would expect the Mafia to think it's a reasonable risk to take.

Oh, and since it's really down to the endgame, webadict...I guarded you for two nights straight. Why? Because I thought you were townie. I doubt Mephansteras would send you a PM telling you that I was guarding you. I'm letting you know though.

I know I'm Doctor. Nuke is Doop and chaoticjosh is likely Doop.

I need Squeegy's vote here to break the stalemate.
Well, I'd doubt any target receives a pm from being targeted.

Hmm... I don't know if this is a trick or not... It's kinda convincing. I need more evidence.

I'll abstain for now. This is one big mind game and I need to think it through.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 10, 2009, 06:48:03 pm »

I VOTE FOR NUKE9.13!
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 10, 2009, 06:59:42 pm »

I VOTE FOR NUKE9.13!

See? This doesn't help me. Why haven't you been helping before Squeegy?

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 10, 2009, 07:06:32 pm »

I abstain.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 10, 2009, 08:14:44 pm »

Servant Corps
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 11, 2009, 02:27:50 am »

The situation seems perfectly clear to me.
Zai says that I (a townie) is a dopp. QED, zai is evil. 100% sure. (Probably a dopp, because I don't see why the evil alien would work with the dopps)
Unless chaotic and Zai are two crazy dopps trying something crazy, chaotic is a townie. 90% sure.
Chaotic (probably a townie) claims SC is a dopp. QED, SC is probably a dopp (75%)
Plus SC earlier behaviour, and his readiness to go along with Zai's claims (85%)

The choice would seem simple: Kill Zai.
However, I am the only one who knows that zai is evil.
And we have to kill a dopp today, or we lose. And seeing as SC has more votes than zai,
Servant Corps

Long Live United Forenia!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 11, 2009, 03:21:13 am »

I'm pretty sure I'm the only Alien, Nuke.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 11, 2009, 07:44:16 am »

...Well then.

3 NUKE9.13
3 Servant Corps

We have to get the right person lynched... and I'm not sure who to vote for. They both look pretty suspicious...

Well, we've lost, guys. See ya on the other side. Servant Corps
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12