Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Paranormal mafia game - Beware of Doppelgangers (Day 3 - game over!)  (Read 31220 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal mafia game - Beware of Doppelgangers (Day 2)
« Reply #105 on: March 09, 2009, 02:27:16 pm »

Tired and worn out, you reluctantly tally up the votes. Only three votes, but at least you have enough to make some sort of decision. A_Fey_Dwarf is grabbed and pulled into the courtyard. He looks at you with pleading eyes, knowing his doom is a hand. The gunshot breaks the sudden silence, and everyone jumps a little. He is dead, and still human. A search of the body reveals no clues.

The Monsters win again, it seems

Ok, that's it for Day 2. Night 2 is in progress. PM me your night roles and once I have all of them we can move to Day 3.

And, as always, copy me on any PMs you send to one another.

[LOCKED for the Night phase]
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal mafia game - Beware of Doppelgangers (Night 2)
« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2009, 02:50:05 pm »

Deep into the night, a loud crash a scream wakens a few of the townsfolk. They timidly peek out of thier windows, but are unable to discern much. Once dawn breaks, everyone gathers and looks around. Kashyyk is missing. You go to his house, and find that his bedroom window has been busted open. There is blood on his bed, but no sign of him. It seems another innocent townsperson has been slain.

Day 3 is up! Start the voting.

Since it seems like people need more time, I'll keep this day open until at least half of you have voted or 48 hours have passed. It won't end until 5pm Wednesday (pacific) at the earliest.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal mafia game - Beware of Doppelgangers (Day 3)
« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2009, 03:21:45 pm »

My belief is that the Dopps have decided not to kill the Doctor (i.e., me), hoping to concentrate instead on other factors and maybe in an attempt to frame me for being a Dopp. I will stress again, I am indeed the Doctor.
* Servant Corps sighs.

I need to protect somebody this night. The last two nights were failures, in that I didn't prevent those deaths.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2009, 03:27:36 pm »

You say that Servant Corps, but it's, you know, hard to just take somebody's word for it. How do we know that you aren't the dopp, roleclaiming a doctor, and then using reverse psychology to make it seem as though the real dopps are setting you up?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2009, 03:28:56 pm »

Because this is a card flip game, and if I get lynched or killed, the GM will say I'm the Doctor.

EDIT:
In any event, we gotta kill a Dopp today. Using webadict's list, there are two inactive people:
    * Zaithemaster
    * chaoticjosh

I'll put an offical FoS on those two people.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 03:31:16 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 10, 2009, 03:38:02 pm »

Sod it.

Right now, 4 people dead. We started with 12. We now have 8. If we lynch one innocent person, and then the Dopps kill one person, we now have 6. There are three Dopps, three non-Dopps. The Dopps win.

I know what the Dopps is planning on doing. They are trying to use reverse psychology to lynch me, by trying to argue that I roleclaimed wrongly. But, I am The Doctor. If you lynch me, the Dopps win. Plain and simple.

To even have a shot at winning, the Town have to lynch a Dopp. I have FOSes on Nuke and chaoticjosh, but I am undecided on who to vote for, at the moment. But we have to pick wisely.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 10, 2009, 03:56:48 pm »

Because this is a card flip game, and if I get lynched or killed, the GM will say I'm the Doctor.

A card flip game? Well, if it's a card flip game, then the trick is: You can see your card, we can only see the back, and we have to take your word for it. That's a pretty dangerous card flip game.

I'm by no means accusing you SC, just maintaining healthy skepticism. So I apologize if I seem aggressive.

May I ask you to elaborate on why you place FOSes on Zai, Nuke, and I? We need as much thinking power as we can muster right now.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 10, 2009, 04:18:19 pm »

Woah there people. Since you seem so intent on voting for me, I guess I'll have to roleclaim. I'm too tired to think of any way around revealing this now.

I am the Agent. The first night, I investigated Cheeetar, but then he got killed that same night, so my results were useless. =/ On Day 2, I was suspicious of Servant Corps and Nuke. So this past night (Night 2), I investigated Nuke. It paid off this time. He is definitely a Dopp.

Need I say any more reasons to vote for NUKE9.13?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 10, 2009, 04:26:39 pm »

None needed. We're both in danger of death, so I'll allow you to check me. I have nothing to hide.

Nuke9.13 it is.

EDIT: I think I had a hunch on Nuke's and chaoticjosh's behavior. Zaith was on the FOS because he was inactive, but now that he's active, I'll withdraw the FOS.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 04:30:52 pm by Servant Corps »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 10, 2009, 04:30:29 pm »

Um. What the fudge?
I'm not a dopp.
Which means Zai is either a dopp or an evil alien.
Either way, Zaithemaster
Long Live United Forenia!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 10, 2009, 04:37:54 pm »

I would quote the PM from Mephansteras to further prove this, but there is a rule against that. =/

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 10, 2009, 04:41:40 pm »

Sorry I had to mess up your brilliant plan Dopps, but I should probably let everyone know this now that the answer is so clear.

I'm the Agent, not Zai.

On the first night, I investigated Kashyyk at random, and determined he was human.

On the second night, I investigated SC and determined he was a Dopp. I made the decision to do this after he roleclaimed a doctor, which seemed far too suspicious.

Investigation was fruitful, he was indeed a Dopp.

After he was not killed, of course, I tried getting him to mess up and say something incriminating, but now I can see his real plan is to get Zai (who is ostensibly also a Dopp) to roleclaim a cop, and sneak the last two kills under our noses.

If all the townies want a chance to win, listen to me! They are both liars taking you all for fools.

I vote for Servant Corps who is a bonified Dopp!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 10, 2009, 04:48:43 pm »

I thought you must have been lying to cover up the fact that you're actually a Dopp too. But then I realized that you didn't really need to do this (not much suspicion placed on you right now), so you might actually be telling the truth, as I think it's possible for there to be 2 agents in this game (correct me with a quote from Meph if I'm wrong).

This actually makes sense, and even fits in with what you're saying (aside from you saying that I must be a Dopp as well, which is most definitely false). I don't know if SC is indeed a Dopp; I haven't checked him yet (see previous post), so that may be true. But I do know that Nuke is a Dopp, so I'll stick with him, as I know he's a Dopp.

Tonight I'll check you. And if you're human, I'll know that SC is probably a Dopp. If you're a Dopp, then...I'll have to check him the next night to know for sure.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 10, 2009, 04:55:45 pm »

Hmm...guess I should clarify my rules a bit. Sorry for the confusion.

There can only be 1 Agent, 1 Doctor, and 1 Doppelganger Leader. There is not necessarily one of each in a game.
The other roles can have duplicates.
Come play Mafia with us!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 10, 2009, 05:01:49 pm »

Hmm...guess I should clarify my rules a bit. Sorry for the confusion.

There can only be 1 Agent, 1 Doctor, and 1 Doppelganger Leader. There is not necessarily one of each in a game.
The other roles can have duplicates.

Which means that Zai is definitely a Dopp, as part of the dopps master plan to lynch Nuke.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12