Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chaos League  (Read 1103 times)

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Chaos League
« on: March 03, 2009, 03:31:31 pm »

Has anyone played Chaos League?  Is it any good?

With the new Blood Bowl game having been delayed, I have decided to try Chaos League.  They came out with Chaos League Sudden Death in 2005 but it had Starforce copy protection on it.  There are two copies of it on Ebay that I could order from the UK.  I read that the version of Starforce used in Chaos League has compatibility problems with Vista (shh! - don't tell anyone that I am running Vista). 

I know with Space Rangers 2 that the Cinemaware Marquee (the company that made Space Rangers 2) has a downloadable version of the game that you can purchase online without Starfoce.  I cannot find Chaos League for sale anywhere for download.  This might be the result of Digital Jesters (one of the main parties behind Chaos League) having gone out of business.  Anyone have any tips on where I can go to get a legal copy of this game to play on Vista?  I have an XP laptop, but it can't play some games due to the lack of a non-integrated graphics card.  I don't want to buy this game, have it shipped from the UK, and not be able to play it.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos League
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 06:34:15 pm »

I didn't mind it.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 08:57:16 am »

Yeah, the CL games were pretty good. I have Vista and I was able to play without problems.
Also, where did you read that the BB game has been delayed? AFAIK it should be released in Q2...

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 08:53:03 pm »

Q2 is a delay from Q1, the quarter I thought it was coming out.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 08:50:38 am »

Ah okay....that's np, since Q2 is almost here.  :)

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 11:42:20 am »

Ah okay....that's np, since Q2 is almost here.  :)

But I fear that Q2 could mean June.