Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is this the right place? Hello!  (Read 1291 times)

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
Re: Is this the right place? Hello!
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2009, 09:32:56 pm »

Hey there! =D

I actually started like taking screen shots and chronicling the tales of the fortress, and while it's a slower process I find i enjoy the game so much more, as you get more into the lives of the dwarfs and such.  But that aside, glad to be here.

There's actually a board here exactly for this kind of stuff. Please post these stories (and pictures) there so that they don't go to waste! =D
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

dubradditz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2009, 09:48:06 pm »

Hey there! =D

I actually started like taking screen shots and chronicling the tales of the fortress, and while it's a slower process I find i enjoy the game so much more, as you get more into the lives of the dwarfs and such.  But that aside, glad to be here.

There's actually a board here exactly for this kind of stuff. Please post these stories (and pictures) there so that they don't go to waste! =D

Yeah, I saw that!  There is some really good stuff on there, and I might get around to it.  It's amazing though, I can take a fairly interesting game like dwarf fortress and make it boring.  That's just poor writing skills, perhaps I should become a book keeper to level that up?

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2009, 04:37:10 am »

I always think of Students as being like Peasants. They do simple stuff until they get enough ranks in a real profession to get a better title.

I make my peasants into soldiers, so here newcomer *hands dubradditz a wooden sword* go and kill those carp over there.
That way, you know those peseants aren't coming back, unless their AMAZING!

Back in 2d I set the peasant to hunting on maps with elephants, if they managed to bring home some elephant meat they got to join the military.
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 05:09:15 am »

Pleasure to meet you too. Welcome to the lost forum of the Internet! By which I mean the sanest forum in the Internet

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2009, 10:28:55 am »

Yer all doing it all wrong.  Yer supposed to give him the mason labor and make him one of the hundreds of poor slobs working on the inverted pyramid megaproject, or the giant Toad statue megaproject.

You know those immigrant peasants are married to whoever came before them, so you want to keep them nice and safe to keep yer skilled workers happy(er).

So I wonder who here came before him so we know who he's married to...

P.S. Welcome by the way.  The block stockpile is over there.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 10:33:20 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 [2]