Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: BlindQuest: Hope is Lost (Succession Game)  (Read 4932 times)

Kai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BlindQuest: Hope is Lost (Succession Game)
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2009, 08:23:55 am »

Since you have sandstone you could fill your entrance with stone drop traps (30?) and PULL THE LEVER.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2009, 09:47:49 am »

Nice analogy Kai, added.

I also changed the ('s to ['s to remove that stupid 8).

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2009, 02:57:10 pm »

Ast's journal, 23rd Galena, 3003, late Summer:

After once again plucking up the courage to venture out into the harsh wilds above, we opened the floodgate and ran outside to collect axes for ourselves. The other champions also got themselves some armor. Once again, the undead paid us no heed.

Crazily, a dwarf by the name of "Bowbeard" came to me this morning, REQUESTING to be drafted into the army. That's right. REQUESTING. What a nut. And since when did dwarves use bows? Fairly suspicious if you ask me. I've ordered a bone crossbow to be made for him, anyways. You'd never know when we might need his... Bowish... Skills.

Ast's journal, 3rd Limestone, 3003, early Autumn:

Arghhh.

That fool of a gem setter organized a party in the meeting hall. Only one person came, thankfully. I hope he feels really depressed now. He risked the safety of the fortress organizing a party like that! Just out of the blue. Didn't even ask me for permission. One of these days, I tell ya. One of these days...

Ast's journal, 16th Limestone, 3003, early Autumn:

Using my telekinetic powers, I detected a thief above ground level. Probably a kobold. He stole one or two things before he buggered off. If that happens too often, (s)he and his/her friends might come back in bigger numbers. With weapons.

Ast's journal, 20th Limestone, 3003, early Autumn:

A caravan has arrived! We're saved! Finally, a little variety in our alcaholic beverages! Meat! And... Yeah... Whatever else they have!

Ast's journal, 13th Sandstone, 3003, mid Autumn:

*Sigh*... I'm such an asshole. I refused to become a normal citizen again. I couldn't help it! I didn't want to feel so vulnerable again. Or something. And when a normal citizen went to trade, he couldn't see the prices, and so, he had to keep making smaller and smaller claims. Sadly, the traders got pissed off and called him "childish". Unfortunately, desperate times call for desperate measures, and so, I am blocking those suckas in. I really do pity those foos.

Ast's journal, 17th Sandstone, 3003, mid Autumn:

We let the liason leave. At least he sees things our way. We just ordered the bare essentials: Food, booze, a rope (for a well), and a couple of other things.

Ast's journal, 5thTimber, 3003, late Autumn:

The suckas began going mad today. One of their mules even went berserk, but was quickly struck down. It's odd, though; two of the guards have remained sane. I know it is slightly cruel, trapping in my own kin like this, letting them slowly starve/dehydrate to death. But y'know what they say!

Life's a bitch, and then you die.

Ast's journal, 6th Timber, 3003, late Autumn:

Migrants!

Didn't come today. What can you do... It's a pity, though. I'd even ordered some bedrooms mined out for them! And ourselves, of course.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Alrighty then. Things are actually starting to look up for this fortress! But I'm a little worried. Does anyone know if the caravan guards and their masters can starve to death? I hope I won't have to come up with a method for killing them. It would take so much effort. I just realized that the pictures are a little too small. I'll post them in bigger sizes from now on, although there'll probably only a couple more. I'll probably have my turn finished in another day or two.

EDIT: I posted the same image twice. Oops!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 04:37:32 pm by gumball135 »
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2009, 03:49:07 pm »

They wont starve or drink, but eventually, when the last of the mercentile goes insane, you should be able to release the naked gaurds to their fate.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2009, 04:27:58 pm »

Yeah, what Time Kitten said.  Let all the merchants die then release the guards.  They shouldn't harm you.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2009, 04:38:42 pm »

So, the merchants will eventually starve to death, then I let the guards outside into the wilderness? And then I can take their crap?
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2009, 06:29:03 pm »

Ast's journal, 1st Moonstone, 3003, early Winter:

I had said before that we would eventually make a small camp on the surface, but unfortunately, Winter has arrived, and I would rather not risk it. Just in case the orcs decide to show up. I shiver every time I think of them; murdering, burning, looting. The thoughts also remind me of Deathquest, my old home. Everything had been going great. And then they just destroyed it.

Ast's journal, 11th Moonstone, 3003, early Winter:

We have struck kaolinite. Don't know why I had to mention this. No reason, really.

Ast's journal, 14th Moonstone, 3003, early Winter:

Once again, I used my powers of telekinesis to detect a thief above ground. It stole some steel chainmail this time. Big whoop.

Also, us champions are now on strike. Or something. We refuse to train. We've just been standing in the meeting hall. Doing nothing. It's been the same for the last month or two. We're off duty. A barracks has been designated. We all have battle-axes equipped. We're just lazy.

Ast's journal, 22nd Moonstone, 3003, early Winter:

We have struck white chalcedony. Whatever that is.

Ast's journal, 10th Opal, 3003, mid Winter:

The merchants have finally died. I know this because the corridor outside the depot now smells like a horse's arse. We've released the guards, who cheered as the floodgates were pulled away, then merrily skipped off into the distance. And now, it is time fo- Oh my god! Look at all that booze!

Hip hip!

Other dwarves: "Hooray!"

Hip hip!

Other dwarves: "Hoora- *Glugglugglug*"

Ast's journal, 23rd Opal, 3003, mid Winter:

We have finished construction of a statue garden. The bedrooms are still being mined out. Next stop: Arena of death!

----------------------------------------------------

I got a bunch done today. 1 more month to go. I'm starting to wonder if the orcs will come at all. Oh well. I'll finish tomorrow. 'Nighty night.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2009, 08:25:22 pm »

The lastest I've seen is year 3.  8)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 08:27:59 pm by ToonyMan »

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2009, 04:54:00 pm »

Sorrys guys and dolls. I've been gone away all day to a "family gathering" for my uncle's 50th. I'll have to get it up tomorrow :-\

Ahhh. It wasn't as late as I'd thought. Just finished it there :D

-------------------------------------------------------

Ast's journal, 5th Obsidian, 3003, late Winter:

The first child (hopefully of many) was born today. The mother? Aláth Nilshetbéth (Never learned how to write the symbols in Dwarven names in school, so I just used little strokes above the letters). The father? Her husband, Cog something or other, one of my fellow champions. We'll drink to their names tonight! And every night for the next couple of years.

Ast's journal, 1st Granite, 3004, early Spring:

We survived the year.

That's all I'll say about it. I wouldn't say we flourished, but we didn't do half bad, seeing as we were trapped in the whole year. And now? Who knows. I am passing over control to whoever will take it now; it's been a tiring year, full of death and despair, and I've had enough. What would I advise the next ruler to do?

Whatever the hell they want. There won't be much work to do until the next wave of migrants arrive, so it'll be fairly boring at first. Maybe make a small above ground fort? Anyways, I'm sure they'll do fine.

Ast out.

----------------------------------------------------

Ahhhh. Finished. I'm fairly tired now, so I'll make this short. Like I said in "Ast's journal", there won't be much work to do until the next migrant wave and caravan come. My only request is that you nickname Ast "Grimes", my usual DF name  :)

The save

Tell me if the save doesn't work. It's my first time uploading one onto the file depot.

Good luck!  ;D
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 05:57:10 pm by gumball135 »

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2009, 06:55:38 pm »

The lastest I've seen is year 3.  8)

They may not come for a while, it seems like BlindQuest's wealth, population, and now exported value is quite low. I'm not sure where those are right now, but I'd guess next year or so.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Kai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2009, 09:30:29 pm »

It's filiusenox's turn now right?

Maybe we should make it so you have to acknowledge your turn so we don't waste a week on someone who's not inactive?

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2009, 10:24:35 pm »

I would like to sign up for this. I've never tried a succession game before, but what the hell, right?

Kai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2009, 12:41:52 am »

What's the worst that can happen?

(at least my turn will be over before yours starts, although you'll have to deal with my horribleness!)

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2009, 11:53:10 am »

You couldn't possibly do worse than me ::) Although, it wasn't as big a disaster as I'd thought it would be.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2009, 01:58:04 pm »

varnish added.  And yes you will be required to notify with something as simple as, "oK GOt Sav".
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7