Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: BlindQuest: Hope is Lost (Succession Game)  (Read 4933 times)

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BlindQuest: Hope is Lost (Succession Game)
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 09:18:13 pm »

mind if I join?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 09:23:17 pm »

Im not going to join, but I would like a dwarf eventually. A peasant (if migrants survive), make him join the army.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2009, 08:12:42 am »

I'll try and get the next update tonight. I'm in school now. :'(

Duke says:
That last line looks oddly familiar with another game based in a tundra...

What? In my update? Are you accusing me of copying some else's work? Duke! I am appalled. :o
Seriously though. I haven't copied anyone. I wouldn't do something like that.
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2009, 12:33:54 pm »

Migrants came. I had to build a new entrance to let them in. Despite the fact that I forbid them from going outside, they all hopped out and back in again while trying to get equipment outside before realizing that it was forbidden. I couldn't get the entrance blocked fast enough, and eventually, the skeletal muskox outside spotted them and began killing any who dared pop out. Then a polar bear found its way into the fort. I piled it with recruits. Killed it. And then I savescummed. 7 casualties (with more coming up) just weren't worth it :P Sorry about that, I'll try and get a real update up tonight. I'll also try not to savescum in the future. :D
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2009, 01:06:37 pm »

Ah, I rather you not reclaim (yet) until the fortress gets larger.  Save scumming is OK.  I'll add the ones that want to join right now.

Been rather busy an all.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2009, 03:00:46 pm »

Save scumming had better be ok; I've done it twice already ;D I think I left myself in a rather terrible position. I'll try and get out of it.

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2009, 09:21:51 pm »

yes! I get year 8)

but yah, I think you shouldn't save scum, as ToonyMan didn't (and lots of dieing is likely to occur anyways).

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2009, 07:37:32 am »

But how would reclaim work?  Do they start the year all over again?  That sucks if you have too.  :/

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2009, 08:37:24 am »

A quick update. Long story short, we survived, with heavy casualties.

-----------------------------------------

Ast's journal, 13th Felsite, 3003, late Spring:

Oh, the horror... Migrants arrived on 6th Felsite. 17 of them in all. There were...

6 Peasants
1 Bowyer
1 Stoneworker
1 Animal dissector
1 Fish Dissector
1 Fishery worker
1 Glassmaker
1 Miller
1 Gem Setter
1 Weaponsmith
1 Furnace Operator
1 Ranger

17 in total...

Unfortunately, 3 skeletal muskox on the horizon spotted them entering our hastily built entrance (which we have blocked by a floodgate, which is controlled by a lever). The resulting slaughter wasn't pretty. My beautiful, but stupid, Lór was among the casualties. In her haste to get some of the equipment outside, despite the fact we had forbidden it, she was cornered by 2 of the murderous muskox and trampled like many of the others. Our population went from 19 to 11.

I feel empty inside now. The hope is draining out of me. And yet, I will persevere. Lór would've wanted me to. Did I mention she was our only miner? If I thought we were fucked ('scuse me) before, we certainly are now. Now, I must go, and sort out this useless rabble of scumbags. I'll draft the 3 peasants, the fish and animal dissectors, and the miller into the military.

For all future rulers of this fort (if you could call it that)... Do NOT pull that lever unless a new batch of migrants or a caravan has arrived.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry. For some reason, I can't post the image properly. You're just gonna have to get out a pair of glasses :P It's strange. I've taken the picture the same way as those other two I posted. I copied the same image tag, too. Maybe I didn't upload it properly... Oh well. I'll try and fix it later.* And don't forget...

***Don't pull that lever!***

The map is so small that the muskox are bound to wander in.

*Fixed it...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 03:00:36 pm by gumball135 »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2009, 02:54:51 pm »

The map was to be small, because I want a high FPS through out. 

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2009, 04:18:11 pm »

Yeah, it's great. Usually my fortresses are laggy from the beginning, because of my really, really bad video card (all of the other parts are ok). Anywho, update. I don't have any images this time. There's nothing to show you, really.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ast's journal, 1st Hematite, 3003, early Summer:

I have begun to train with 3 of the other peasants; we'll have to fight back against the undead sometime. Our supplies are dwindling, but I'm fairly sure that we have enough plump helmets to fill our bellys and make wine with. We'll have to re-use the barrels, though, seeing as wood is a scarce resource around here, and the caravan isn't due to arrive until a bit before winter.

Ast's journal, 22nd Hematite, 3003, early Summer:

We ventured outside for the first time in months, just to get a pickaxe for one of the migrants. Thankfully, the muskox left us alone, and I also managed to dash outside and collect some steel chain armor.

Ast's journal, 26th Malachite, 3003, mid Summer:

The 3 peasants and myself have finally reached champion status. Admittedly, I am the only one trained in skills other than wrestling, and I'm fairly useless at that.

28th Malachite, 3003, mid Summer:

Our fortress attracted no new migrants this season. I can understand why. Production has been slow, mainly because of the lack of wood and our miner's terrible work rate.

---------------------------------------------------

Hey, Org. What would you like your military dude/dudette named? And if anyone else wants a dwarf, just ask. We are taking requests, aren't we, Toony?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2009, 04:50:35 pm »

Bowbeard
Male
Crossbowdwarf

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2009, 05:18:33 pm »

Yeah sure why not.  *yawn*  num num

Kai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2009, 12:54:03 am »

Hello, I'd like to join this.

Essentially, at the moment; you can't go up because of undead, and you can't dig down because of an aquifer? Between a rock and a watery death place.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2009, 05:37:23 am »

Bowbeard
Male
Crossbowdwarf

I'll make a bone crossbow and draft your guy into the military. I've already made a couple of bolts. :)

Hello, I'd like to join this.

Essentially, at the moment; you can't go up because of undead, and you can't dig down because of an aquifer? Between a rock and a watery death place.

True, that. But I'm sure we'll wriggle out of this. Somehow. :D I'll try and break out and get some weapons and armor for the military. Maybe then we'll be able to protect some workers long enough that they'll be able to build a wall and entryway. Next update up tonight! Man, I'm witty. 8) ::) Unless I have to save-scum.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7