Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: BlindQuest: Hope is Lost (Succession Game)  (Read 4927 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
BlindQuest: Hope is Lost (Succession Game)
« on: March 02, 2009, 04:43:04 pm »

BlindQuest
"There is no hope, no spirit, no chance.  There is only death."

It all happened in 2950.  That was the year when the Orcs have conquerd every site except for DeathQuest.  There was no worry, because DeathQuest could not fall.....or could it?  That's what me and my brother thought when we were there, but they broke through.  Horrid, monsterous creatures.  Me and my brother made a tunnel, a back exit to escape from.  Five others followed, noone else made it.  Atleast, I don't believe.  There is nothing to believe in anymore, NOTHING.  They just won't stop.  They just won't.  We are just seven lonely peasants with almost no supplies.  The worst part?  We are cornered in a isolated piece of land, even the orcs won't live here.  A frozen haunted glacier (tundra?).

I'm making a second game to blend into DeathQuest.  I think BlindQuest sounds good.  Seeing as they don't know what to do.

IMPORTANT:  This is a full succession game, you play for a year, then we kick you out and the next person in line goes.  Kapch?

TURN LIST:
ToonyMan [year 1]
gumball135 [year 2]
filiusenox [SKIP]
Time Kitten [SKIP]
obscurequote [year 3]
(name here) [SKIP]
Vieto [SKIP]
Boksi [year 4]
Kai [year 5]
varnish [year 6]
Aldaris [year 7]
MarineElite [year 8]
ToonyMan [year 9]
Katsuun [year 10]
(name here) [year 11]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st Granite, 3001, Early-Spring:

"We can't go any longer.  We're stopping here with our belongings."  I exclaimed.

"FINALLY!" my brother Ronol collapsed.  What a baby.

"What are we suppose to do now?"  One of the other 5 said.

I tallied through our dwindling supplies and pulled out the single pick I was able to fetch before we fled.

"This!  We are going to dig down and forget everything behind us."

"How?  This is a glac---wait, this is silt!"  We can grow plump helmets here!"  I'll remember her as our farmer.

Too much talking.....we need to get to work, luckly we started digging.  Thank heavens this is only a tundra.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4th Granite, 3001, Early-Spring:

A skeletal muskox killed on of our dogs!  We need to kill it before it kills us!  We sent everyone to dog pile it.  That first death was so fast.  I think it shows our future...

7tH GrAnite, Early-SprINg;

I'M Shakcing To much to Rite this.  EveryOne is Dead.  I'm Ran befoRE it was TO lAte and Dug a Hole in the Ground to HIDe...;as;llakj I;m going TO diE DIE!! MY bROTHER IS DEAD!!

I'm Going to tRy to diG back to The supplies....unlEss they're waiting!

5 MINUTES LATER...

The idiot tanturmed and killed himself trying to slaughter the muskox that killed his brother.

SCREW THE RP!!

RECLAIM!!

1st Granite, 3002, Early-Spring:

Me and the six others have found what looks to be a destroyed fort.  We are going to hide here while we still can.

Luckly, we are all skilled in something or another, unluck what happen to this place.

LATER THAT SAME DAY.....

AMBUSH!!

This must of been what got the previous owners...LUCKLY WE ARE MORE FORTUNEIT WITH OUR AXES!!

8th Granite, 3002, Early-Spring:

Ahhhh....shit.  Another undead animal pack.

At this rate we won't survive to summer, we need to hold out until some more dwarves show up.

We already have a military dwarf off-duty after some undead beast broke his head.

11th Granite, 3002, Early-Spring:

Alright, this isn't working......EVERYONE INSIDE!!

Two ran off and got killed.  Idiots.

16th Granite, 3002, Early-Spring:

Crap, I think this is the end.

Hurry dwarves, get that wall up!!  There's six of them right next to our entrance....

[OOC]  Haha, wow I have a dwarf with a broken arm hauling things just to get out of the surface quicker.

19th Granite, 3002, Early-Spring:

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!  AST SEALED US OUTSIDE THE TRAITOR!!

21st Granite, 3002, Early-Spring:

Lor and I are the only survivors beside the traitor.  We are just waiting at the door until we starve...

Let me speak with Lor now before I die.  Wait---Lor is showing me a pick.....MUAHAHAHHA!!

23rd Granite, 3002, Early-Spring:

Ast let us in welcomely like we died or something.....asshole.

Let me have my rum in peace.

25th Granite, 3002, Early-Spring:

What a pleasant surprise.  Rock.  That means no aqaufier.  That also means no water....damn.

I also realized that everyone else is happy, why is that?  Didn't they realize the friends they have been with for two years is dead?  Imbeciles!

LATER.....

I guess there is an aquafier....below the rock, odd.  Hmmmm..

10th Slate, 3002, Mid-Spring:

Erith is rubbing his ass againest the ground like a dog....I think he went insane.

[OOC] Ofcourse, the main guy is the first to go loco....oh well, atleast the other two are extremely happy.  The rest of the year is probably going to be boring.

1st Hematite, 3002, Early-Summer:

Everything has been going smoothly.  Which is good, that also means less updates.  Because what adventure would want to know a boring story?

Erith has been locked in the coffin area.

23rd Galena, 3002, Late-Summer:

Like I said, Summer was uneventful.  We did make a rough office and a tiny dinning room, but will manage.

[OOC]  My two surviving dwarves are lovers.  Perfect.

15th Limestone, 3002, Early-Autumn:

The cavaran and liason are here...I don't know if I should let them in....we need those supplies badly.  We're going to steal them.

Yes, that will work.  Haha!

Wait, there is seven skeletal muskox right next to them.  Maybe the cavaran guards can kill them.  :/

23rd Limestone, 3002, Early-Autumn:

That was hopeless.  They were all killed.  The liason will be any second.  I'm going to stay inside.

We made a depot though.  It's shiny.  Yah.

17th Sandstone, 3002, Mid-Autumn:

Migrants have come, as expected, but I don't know if they will make it inside.  Worth a shot.

A very, very dark shot.

19th Sandstone, 3002, Mid-Autumn:

Smooth one ToonyMan.  You killed all the migrants when you commanded them all to dog pile the five muskoxs that were guarding the only way in.  YOU DIDN'T EVEN KILL ONE!!!  Calm down..it will be ok.  They'll come in the spring...yes.

That's it.  8 RECRUITS CAN'T KILL 5 MUSKOXS, BUT 22 WILL!!!!

1st Granite, 3003, Early-Spring:

Winter?  What winter?

Winter went by boringly, but safely.  I would advise the next player to expand the underground or something.  Don't go outside unless you like to have fun.

Stats,

Make sure to get the Orcs here:  http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=26858.0
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 06:15:34 pm by ToonyMan »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: BlindQuest: Hope is Lost (Succession Game)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 07:16:53 pm »

Ill join up.The big bolded sentence sound like my life.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 08:21:27 pm »

nachos!

I mean... I'll play.

obscurequote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 08:23:39 pm »

I'll play, if you'll have me. I'm in the Eternal Halls game too, but I don't think my turn for that will be up for awhile, so I'll have time to do this.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 08:28:45 pm »

I might have to reclaim so far......I only have the leader alive.  That wasn't on purpose either.   :)

Also, gumball135 is going to be first on the list.  He asked first.   ;)

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 01:45:15 pm »

Ahhh, we're using orcs? :o I don't have any experience in fighting them, so I might have to hole up in the mountain until they go. I know, I'm a coward, aren't I? :P
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 05:24:12 pm »

Updated First Post.

Here's the save,

SAVE:  http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=869

Make sure to put the orcs in or it won't work.

TAKE PICTURES!!!   :)

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 12:55:34 pm »

I'll try to get up the first update tonight. Wish me luck ::)
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 05:13:47 pm »

It's peanut butter update time! Fairly boring at the moment. Things are sure to perk up around WINTER! Heheheh. Heheh. Heh. We're screwed.

--------------------------------------------------

Ast's journal, 1st Granite, 3003, early Spring:

The beginning of spring. Back in my old home, it would be the start of new life, new growth and new promise. Here?

There is only snow. Lots and lots of snow, with a few undead creatures thrown in for good (or should I say, bad) taste. I have friggin' snow coming out of my ears!

Most of my kin from Deathquest lay dead, slaughtered by fierce, unliving muskox , and only myself and Lór, my lover, remain. If not for her efforts, I think we'd both have perished. What will become of us? Our only hope is to survive on our dwindling supplies 'till migrants arrive, but even then, I fear that they may not make it inside; packs of zombie wolves patrol the white, shining plains outside. And that is not all I fear, for I am sure that Winter will bring deadly surprises of its own.

Ast's journal, 7th Granite, 3003, early Spring:

We have begun to engrave the floor and wall of the office built for me. There is not much else to do in these lonely halls. Lór fell asleep with exhaustion while on the job. She looks so peaceful when she sleeps. Even if she snores like a whale. I ward off sleep, afraid of what my dreams might bring.

A snow storm has struck the surface; perhaps it will scare off the undead animals above? Only time will tell.

Ast's journal, 12th Granite, 3003, early Spring:

The snow storm cleared up, and several days later, returned again. It is obviously a regular occurrence in this region, which also means that the undead will not be kept at bay.

I engrave pictures of foul muskox crushing my own, dear friends, in an attempt to keep their memory alive. I'd make something a little less gruesome, but the pictures are stuck in my head.

We've begun widening the stockpiles in an attempt to keep things neat and tidy, but it's taking a while. Still the wolves roam above ground. I hear them howling at night.

Ast's journal, 25th Granite, 3003, Early spring:

I can hear the liason's screams above; the wolves have finally sniffed him out. He's too fast for them, though. If he wasn't, the screams would've stopped long ago.

Miasma fills the food stockpiles. Normally, I'd keep the corpses in the refuse stockpils, nice and organized, but there are more important things to do at the moment. 

There is nothing to do in this place, only work. Oh well. I should be happy. I am with my lover, Lór. We are relatively safe from the beasts outside. And soon, migrants will arrive. I have drawn plans for a well. Fresh water could come in handy, just in case we run out of booze.

That is, assuming we aren't attacked in Winter by th-... No. I have got to be optimistic. We will survive. We will build an outpost to rival even the great Mountainhomes of old. We will thrive!

--------------------------------------------------

Whew. It's so hard to write this. Nothing much has happened, so I've been making mountains out of molehills in an attempt to fill up space =p I'll get another update up tommorrow. Sleep time now :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 05:17:13 pm by gumball135 »

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 05:18:42 pm »

I'll join this thing, for all the good it'll do.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 05:37:53 pm »

Looking good.

Adding Boksi also.  You can make some cage traps if you.....no you can't we only have one wood log left that is safe to get.

obscurequote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 05:50:45 pm »

I've never played with orcs, what's their deal? Are they just like super-goblins that attack more frequently, or is there something more to them that I should know?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 06:01:57 pm »

That last line looks oddly familiar with another game based in a tundra...
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2009, 09:09:42 pm »

Nah, I really wanted a glacier, but there wasn't any that were haunted.  :(

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2009, 09:15:11 pm »

I'll join.

Likely the situation will be stable by then, one way or another.
Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7