Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Mount & Blade - Any mode  (Read 11949 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade - Any mode
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2009, 09:22:00 pm »

The best mods I enjoy: Expanded Gameplay III, Chronicels Of Talera, Star Wars Conquest. Also I contribute to Star Wars and Chronicles of Talera mods and now work in Fallout mod team.
I eagerly wait for the new The Last Days (LOTR) mod and 1866 western mod.

The problem with M&B is that it's made for field combats. It's really great and unique there, but everything else is quite poorly scripted (well, I mean there're games which do it better). So even with the best mods you can script and make a hell load of things, spending a huge amount of time, and you will get a quite small result with it. It's just because it was made this way, and it's not open source. You end up with different factions, items and probably a few new features (like formations or morale which HAD to be in the origina but... Well, the game was just unfinished, I believe because of the publisher).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2009, 11:08:59 pm »

I must say, all those mocking the Manhunter line have never gotten the top unit in it. Slaver Chief's are armored, well armed, and lack range weapons while mounted. That means they behave exactly like infantry with a speed boost. The only problem is getting them without mods.

Also, this game has great modding tools.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2009, 11:27:23 pm »

Gangs of Glasgow! lol

Star Wars Calradia/Conquest is pretty cool.  I've also been trying out Revenge of the Berserk, which is totally nuts.

Dukes and Mercenaries is fun cause it's got lots of gunpowder units.  It's really friggin cool to line them all up on a hill.

Also, Custom Settlements mod is kinda neat, and I'm sure most have heard of Sword of Damocles.

What they really need is a Crusades mod.  I wanna fight in the desert!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 11:34:56 pm by Ioric Kittencuddler »
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2009, 04:02:41 am »

I thought they sort of had something like that...

Nah, it was probably just that REALLY old screen shot of an army in that 100 Years mod storming a city.

The kicker was that there were SURELY a thousand men in a huge train of men marching up to the gates.

Awesome.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2009, 07:53:20 am »

I must say, all those mocking the Manhunter line have never gotten the top unit in it. Slaver Chief's are armored, well armed, and lack range weapons while mounted. That means they behave exactly like infantry with a speed boost.

Uh, no, they behave exactly like cavalry because they are cavalry. Their stats and equipment is as follows:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As you can see their stats are complete rubbish and their equipment follows suit. They either have the weak winged mace or a maul that precludes the use of a shield. Since they only have mediocre torso armor, crappy boots, and no gloves and no helmet at all, they die quickly.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 17, 2009, 01:31:46 pm »

When I say the behave like infantry, I mean they don't circle around trying to get an arrow in the enemy like most other cavalry.  Most Khergits come with a bow, meaning when facing another cavalry force, they circle around doing almost nothing but firing arrows randomly. The Manhunter tree lacks ranged weapons, so when they face enemy cavalry, they run right up into their faces and stop them from moving and beat on them. I'm not saying they are great, but they behave much more controlably then most other mounted troops. Most of the time I want my mounted men to either do drive bys or get right up close and start beating on them. I don't want them spamming arrows from a moving platform while stationary troops are spamming them back.

I'm not saying that by themselves they are great. However they are a nice addition to other mounted troops.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2009, 01:54:26 pm »

Most of the time I want my mounted men to either do drive bys or get right up close and start beating on them. I don't want them spamming arrows from a moving platform while stationary troops are spamming them back.
Note that Khergits also have swords and shields. Just tell them to stop shooting, and they do the same, but with better stats and weapons.
I don't see your point here.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2009, 02:50:37 pm »

Wow... I recently discovered this game and it fascinates me!!!

Great gameplay and totally inmersive.

Plus... I ABSOLUTELY LOVE when games have a simulated world going on no matter what you do.  You're just one more agent in a world full of AI.

I LOVE IT!

After I've played a lot I'll maybe try a mod or something.

I rule in the ARENA  ;D

“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2009, 03:07:23 pm »

Most of the time I want my mounted men to either do drive bys or get right up close and start beating on them. I don't want them spamming arrows from a moving platform while stationary troops are spamming them back.

Note that Khergits also have swords and shields. Just tell them to stop shooting, and they do the same, but with better stats and weapons.
I don't see your point here.

Yeah, that. Not to mention that Khergits are the only cavalry that come with ranged weapons, so if you don't specifically want mounted archers you're better off picking another faction to play.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2009, 03:51:15 pm »

I'm currently a vassal of the Rhodoks and we *almost* destroyed the swadians... 19 armies against 2...

I have a really tiny army though (35)... (I lost many soldires to escape a HUGE swadian army)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2009, 01:01:13 am »

I rule in the ARENA  ;D
That reminds me of when I spent all my time fighting at the arena, until I was 20-something level fighter with loads of money, which I spent on the best armour and stuff available. Then I went outside and got pwned on my first encounter. Real life is nothing like those arena matches, folks.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2009, 01:28:28 am »

Damit, i'm stuck on .960 because i lost my serial code....

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2009, 01:36:34 am »

Hey... I've besieged 2 cities with my little army... I've won battles of 40 against 90+...

I'm proud of my play up till now...  And the more important thing... I'm having fun...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2009, 07:14:12 am »

Damit, i'm stuck on .960 because i lost my serial code....
You can re-request the code from Armagan I believe.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2009, 09:10:15 am »

Hey, I bought this game sometime around .750. Am I eligible for a physical copy of it, now that it has been relased?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12