Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Mount & Blade - Any mode  (Read 11950 times)

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade - Native
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2009, 03:58:43 pm »

EDIT: Can't wait for expansion with multiplayer version :o

What? Multiplayer? Are you just hoping? Or is there something in the works?
Last I heard, it was impossible unless Taleworlds itself does it.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2009, 06:07:28 pm »

Multiplayer expansion was announced by taleworlds, though to me, M&B doesn't need multiplayer.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2009, 08:50:49 pm »

Some one should make a Mount&Blade Let's Play and just mod in each persons name to each hero, collect them all (Cheating is easier, though not from then on.) and start a mercenary party with just the named people and no one else.

That'd be fun, though it would limit them to only much smaller tasks, and not many chances to siege. But it would be a challange.

I'll just shut up now, and let that idea sink in, as it won't be fully abandoned, but not used as I suggested.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2009, 09:08:29 pm »

That's a good idea. I might do that whenever I buy it.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2009, 08:53:24 am »

Multiplayer expansion was announced by taleworlds, though to me, M&B doesn't need multiplayer.

Whaat? MP M&B battles will be hella fun.  8)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2009, 12:40:36 pm »

I've been thinking about how well Mount & Blade would suit multiplayer ever since I started playing the demo.  The game is like a multiplayer game for one person.

And yes, the M&B party thing does sound like fun.  Run away from dark raiders and beat up some river pirates with your little group of dudes.

You might be able to take on much larger groups if you're all mounted, but I still have a thing for infantry combat...  Much more up-close and personal, even if you're just sniping them with a crossbow or something.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2009, 02:21:59 pm »

Some one should make a Mount&Blade Let's Play and just mod in each persons name to each hero, collect them all (Cheating is easier, though not from then on.) and start a mercenary party with just the named people and no one else.

That'd be fun, though it would limit them to only much smaller tasks, and not many chances to siege. But it would be a challange.

I'll just shut up now, and let that idea sink in, as it won't be fully abandoned, but not used as I suggested.

You might have to mod out the inter-hero conflicts so you don't have half your heroes leaving because they don't like one of the other heroes.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2009, 07:56:56 pm »

I'm reviving this to ask, how make mods work? I guess I'd need winrar?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2009, 08:46:27 pm »

My sister became a vassal of one king, got some huge armies, a few castles and a city. Then she rebelled against her lord and started her own country. She was so powerful that they didn't attack her for it.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2009, 08:48:44 pm »

I'm reviving this to ask, how make mods work? I guess I'd need winrar?
Try 7zip for your (un)packing needs. It's faster, opens almost everything, makes use of lzma algorithm, and is free.

I hope there will be a discount on this game sometime, because I wish I had bought it when it was cheap.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2009, 01:56:33 am »

I bought M&B on the steam weekend offer (only thing I've bought on steam since they pulled their 1$ == 1€ crap), and now I consider buying another copy from the taleworlds webstore since I feel I got it too cheap. Which is something of a first for me. OK, the game suffer from a certain content-deficit, but what is there is of supreme quality. I've enjoyed it more than most high-budget game I've played the last few years.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2009, 05:54:55 am »

Currently playing Sword of Damocles: http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/board,117.0.html

Currently have a Villianese Duchy. Already taken over the whole of the Vaegir, taken out Wercheg of the Nord Empire as well as that castle there. Took Derichos Castle from the Nord, who got it from the Swadians. Just taken that Khergit castle in the pass between Vaegir (former) and Khergit lands. Working on attacking, and eliminating, the Khergit Khanate. Although, I am thinking of restarting over as the Antarian because their infantry are fucking lovely.

EDIT: Yeah fuck it, I'm starting over as the Antarians.

EDIT2: Level 49 btw.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2009, 07:24:34 am »

Since someone has bumped the topic...I have a question. What about the LotR mod? Has it been updated? IE. It works with the latest M&B version?

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2009, 09:59:16 am »

No The Last Days hasn't been ported yet. I have been following the development of TLD, such as it is, for a couple years. I am hoping that, when it is finally released, it will recapture my interest in M&B.

Here is a link to the TLD forum.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2009, 06:37:33 am »

Ah damn  :-\ ...thanks for the info Vucar!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12