Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Mount & Blade - Any mode  (Read 11942 times)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade - Native
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2009, 09:11:14 pm »

I go Swadians all the way. If you can get enough knights, you can trample the fuck out of those Nords and Rhodoks, and your knights tend to be better heavy mounts then the Vaegirs (I think thats the name). The fucking mongol dudes are a hell of a fight though.

Horse archers just glide around the field, going faster then your more heavily armoured knights. I'm just scared of getting into a big fight with them. They could out last my forward charges. I'm thinking of going back to central Swadia, leaving a garrison in my already captured cities, and getting a force (I only have so many) of already trained Crossbow men to hit those damn horse archers in the face with bolts, and then ride down the survivors with my knights.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2009, 09:31:03 pm »

Swadian knights are (In my opinion) the best units in the game. Everything besides Khergit Horse archers fall prey to my noble nights in epic battles where we are outnumbered 100 to 1.

They just cost so damn much though.
Oh, yes, they also suck at seiging, but thats what I have my massive army of Rodoks for.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2009, 09:42:25 pm »

Sometimes, I have enough foot soldiers to put to practical use when sieges are an issue. But Its hard to have multiple forces for multiple duties. My army of knights are the best thing around when facing enemy armies, except in hilly areas, but yes, suck at sieges. I find 100 or so Sergeants can fill out the task of killing as many enemy soldiers in a town as possible before you have to go and get some more.

Yup. You heard right. To me sieges are basicly things where you literally throw legions of men on until you whittle them down to nothing. Rinse wash and repeat.

Despite my grudge, having a force of heavy Vaegir Axemen, beat ALL siege defenders. Axes freaking tear through shields.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2009, 10:50:23 pm »

I dedicated myself to wiping the swadian scum off the map :o, its aways more fun to fight the strongest, not WITH the strongest :P

But anyway, i recently came back to mount&blade and got the 1.011 version. The new animations rock, but native is gets boring too fast.

Hell, thats what all those mods are for anyway.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2009, 10:54:26 pm »

The Last Days has to be the best mod ever made hands down. Sorry guys, I don't care if your disputin', theres NO WAY you can convince me other wise.

Eh! Nah! No! Uhah!

Don't talk. Just bask in its glory.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2009, 10:58:38 pm »

Too bad the last days hasn't come out for 1.011 yet  :(
Meanwhile i'll just stick to the horder lands mod, its in alpha, but its still pretty fun, was getting tired of that minuscule map native has.

EDIT: Can't wait for expansion with multiplayer version :o
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 11:05:52 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Taimat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2009, 11:58:54 pm »

Game gets easy quick.

I started my own kingdom using nothing but mercenaries once, and used nothing but looted stuff.  Kept running out of food because of that.

I swear .903 was harder.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2009, 07:49:14 am »

Is it just me, or this game gets hella boring after a period? I install this game on a yearly basis, but I always uninstall it after 1-2 weeks.  :-X
It's not just you, believe me. The mods help, but once you have played them as well, meh.

Yeah, I always install the latest available mods also...but yeah, those are getting repetitive & boring after a short period...something is missing from this game..the combat is fun, but the strategical/tactical part of the game is very simple. I think that is my biggest problem with it.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2009, 10:36:04 am »

Is it just me, or this game gets hella boring after a period? I install this game on a yearly basis, but I always uninstall it after 1-2 weeks.  :-X
It's not just you, believe me. The mods help, but once you have played them as well, meh.

Yeah, I always install the latest available mods also...but yeah, those are getting repetitive & boring after a short period...something is missing from this game..the combat is fun, but the strategical/tactical part of the game is very simple. I think that is my biggest problem with it.
Yes, plus there isn't much to do outside battles. I'd like to be able to build villages, castles, forts, etc. Destroy places for good too. I didn't seem to be able to back when I played some old version shareware.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2009, 03:17:30 pm »

I've been using it to accent my Dwarf Fortress games. I just imagine enemy forces as green, and mine as shorter and beardier, and start whoopin the shit out of things.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2009, 04:45:31 pm »

I go Swadians all the way. If you can get enough knights, you can trample the fuck out of those Nords and Rhodoks, and your knights tend to be better heavy mounts then the Vaegirs (I think thats the name). The fucking mongol dudes are a hell of a fight though.

Horse archers just glide around the field, going faster then your more heavily armoured knights. I'm just scared of getting into a big fight with them. They could out last my forward charges. I'm thinking of going back to central Swadia, leaving a garrison in my already captured cities, and getting a force (I only have so many) of already trained Crossbow men to hit those damn horse archers in the face with bolts, and then ride down the survivors with my knights.

This, exactly what I was going to say.  Swadians tear Rhodoks to shreds, I've never fought Nords, but since they're infantry, I'd say the same thing goes, and yeah, Khergits are a serious threat.
Shoes...

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2009, 04:45:36 pm »

I've been using it to accent my Dwarf Fortress games. I just imagine enemy forces as green, and mine as shorter and beardier, and start whoopin the shit out of things.

I think this calls for a dwarf fortress mod.

Modify the units and equip, gen a random map in DF for the map, rework the factions and story a bit to fit the M&B engine.

Do new cities, might be possible to design an underground city scene.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2009, 08:17:35 pm »

And just for shits and giggles, make a secret Boatmurdered site.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2009, 12:00:22 am »

Now there's a mod i would love to play, don't know if you can make the character models smaller, though.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2009, 07:07:07 am »

Now there's a mod i would love to play, don't know if you can make the character models smaller, though.

But you can make the model bigger.
But the hit-box still stay the same, though.

(Note: I saw it in the mod section, Chinise-made)

Edit: See what? GOD DAMN ####ING ELEPHANTS.

Yeah, ELEPHANTS.

ELEPHANTS!!!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 07:08:44 am by IndonesiaWarMinister »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12