Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Mount & Blade - Any mode  (Read 11909 times)

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade - Any mode
« Reply #150 on: May 23, 2009, 07:04:10 am »

There is also a very rare bug whereby if something dies close to a wall it may slide up the wall and lie on it. There's a screenshot in the screenshot thread on the taleworlds board, but given it's humongous size I'm not looking it up.

I had a live opponent mounted on a horse end up halfway up a tall wall in a tournament once. Thankfully I was the "lucky" recipient of a bow and arrows that round, so I managed to pick him off.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #151 on: May 23, 2009, 10:30:35 am »

A worst thing happened to me in a siege...

One enemy infantry fell in a sort of salient and no one could reach him...

All of my soldiers were pushing each other and falling trying to reach the spider man...

I tried jumping into the salient and fell loosing my health... I couldn't find arrows nearby so I tried it again and I finally died...

Siege failed in the most stupid way ever...  :P
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 23, 2009, 10:49:15 am »

That's what ctrl + F4 is for. :P

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 23, 2009, 11:01:44 am »

??? you mean Alt + F4 to quit??

Anyway... I'm playing the mode that if you quit you save... Keeping it real  8)

Hah!  Just realized... the siege tower doesn't have a shadow but the people do...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 11:03:37 am by Alexhans »

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 23, 2009, 02:19:47 pm »

No, I mean ctrl + f4, the cheat to kill people (or at least I think that's it, haven't had to use it in a while).

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 23, 2009, 02:25:42 pm »

Hah!  Just realized... the siege tower doesn't have a shadow but the people do...

Are you sure you have ALL shadow options on? Sounds strange :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 23, 2009, 02:26:33 pm »

ahh... but I didn't enable cheats....

I've just conquered Sunno with 70 soldiers and the king didn't give it to me  >:(

He said that I already had too much (I only have one well garrisoned castle...)

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 23, 2009, 02:32:37 pm »

Are you sure you have ALL shadow options on? Sounds strange :).
Shadow was set to Ultra high... but now that I see the options I'll put everything to max... (bodies,blood,etc...) 

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 27, 2009, 09:46:57 pm »

Dammit, why am I such a sucker for fantasy mods?

Well...  I suppose the real question is "why are there so many low-quality fantasy mods made for M&B?"

Just got back into playing this.  Updated to the newest version and started downloading mods.  Ah, just like the good ol' days...  Except with wonkier fighting competitions.

Seriously, what's the deal with the new melee fights?  I get people spawning out of nowhere and coming up to crunch my brains from behind, and then a couple doofuses decide to spawn as buddies and double-team me.

The least they could do was remove those "blunted arrows".  Those things always bugged me.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 27, 2009, 11:43:39 pm »

The star wars conquest mod rules!  I want  a multiplayer now!!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 28, 2009, 01:28:53 am »

What pissed me off about the arrows is getting them in Khergit tournies, with zero horse archery and like a 50 skill level. Talk about not being able to do anything.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 28, 2009, 05:20:01 am »

What pissed me off about the arrows is getting them in Khergit tournies, with zero horse archery and like a 50 skill level. Talk about not being able to do anything.

Um, then don't join Khergit tournies..? That should be really obvious.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 28, 2009, 01:17:30 pm »

It's a good way to train up the archery proficiency.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 28, 2009, 05:13:29 pm »

Some more interesting looking Mount and Blade mods I've found

Wutai War is a Final Fantasy 7 spinoff if you're into that.  Personally I'd much prefer a Suikoden mod.  The level of technology in those games fits Mount and Blade's capabilities quite well.

Then there's the World of Steam mod which if my quick glance at some pictures in the thread has taught me anything is a Mount and Blade mod based on an indie tower defense style FPS based on a Half Life 2 mod.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 05, 2009, 01:20:36 am »

Okay, I know this is something of a resurrection, but I just need to blurt this out somewhere.

For a while now I've been playing the Star Wars: Conquest mod, and I have to say that I am highly impressed.  I've never seen production standards like this in ANY other M&B mod, including the Last Days (although I suspect that once the new version of TLD comes out, it will likely blow this thing out of the water with the new capabilities of the engine).  Not only is it packed with new content, but the content is polished to a degree very rarely seen in M&B mods.  Almost all of the items look good, the textures don't burn your eyes out, and things just "fit".

That, and the replacement for cows (nerfs) will follow your party, rather than run away from it (SO much easier to deal with.  I've got around sixty of the buggers trailing around after me, just in case I need them for anything).

Ship purchases allow you to customize your look to an extent, and provide you with some very interesting benefits.  Heavy weapons, while expensive and often unwieldy, can turn the tide of an entire war if used properly.  Just be careful of collateral damage.

I also happened to find a couple exploits.  For the hell of it, I've decided to list them here:

Spoiler: Loan Shark (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Energizer Bunny (click to show/hide)

There.  As with all exploits, don't read them unless you want to gain an unfair advantage.

Now, to the real purpose of this post...  I had just recently decked out my one and only little village-planet (it's such a lovely little fief) with a force-sensitive temple, and I wanted to see how quickly I could put together an army of Sith warriors.

Well, since the populace simply adores me, they could churn out about thirty Sith hopefuls a day.  Didn't take me long before I had a big stack of the blighters.

Anyways, fast forward a ways.  I now have a group made up of 11 Sith knights, 30 Sith marauders, 24 Sith masters and 3 Sith lords.  Aside from four companions and a 3PO droid I picked up for some reason, that's the entirety of my current fighting force.

Good grief are these guys nasty.  I mean, whoah.  When these guys get into the fray, the death announcements come so fast the text log gets pushed off the screen.  I just recently fought a lord with 107 trained soldiers, and I didn't lose a single guy.  I just fought on the ship (generally results in close quarter combat, and they don't get to use speeder bikes), and my guys were cheering over the shredded remains of my dead enemies before I knew what was happening.

I know I'm playing to their melee strengths against ranged foes, but seriously...  I think these guys may actually be a wee bit overpowered.

But damn is it fun.  And, they're great in sieges.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12