Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: suggestion for wound colors  (Read 919 times)

yaklin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
suggestion for wound colors
« on: February 28, 2009, 08:35:49 pm »

can you please make the lightly wounded or lopped off wounds a different color please?
its kind of annoying how i cant tell if my dwarf is missing his arm or if its just scratched

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: suggestion for wound colors
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 08:40:10 pm »

Sorry, but this suggestion is kind of moot if you look at the dev notes.  It is very important to use the search forum feature and to search the developments pages before making a suggestion.  This does not mean you should not make the suggestion at all; just that you should consider that it's been discussed before or that it might be something Toady works on as we speak.

With searching the dev page, ctrl + f is very handy.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

yaklin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 08:45:23 pm »

ok, i'll try that next time all though in my defense i did use the search function
while im here is it possible to change the wound coloring in the init file?

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 08:45:38 pm »

The color contrast between the two is very subtle, I agree.
A simple Healthy-Scratch-Cut-Wound-Break-Gone system might work well.
I removed brown, because the brown color on the forums is terrible.
Also, green is a much more generally-acknowledged color for good health then white is.
And a yellow-orange-red system to the end is better then yellow-red-gray, when gray is already used for a cut/similar.

Sure, it'd take a little bit of getting used to, but it's probably for the best.
But yes, this has been posted, noted, etc. before.
You can't change the colors that they're displayed in directly, but you can change the colors the entire game displays, which might be able to help a bit.
Done with the init.txt
EDIT: Of course!  With the massive complexities involved with the next release regarding wounds, Toady's changing the system completely now anyway!  (D'oh.)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 08:50:56 pm by jaybud4 »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 08:47:46 pm »

Actually, looking at the dev notes, Toady has done away with the color-wound system entirely (well mostly, anyway) and has added in better wound descriptions due to the complexity of wounds in the next version. 
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 09:28:19 pm »

Toady should add infected wounds like from Animal bites or swimming in water with an open cut.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 09:37:13 pm »

Toady should add infected wounds like from Animal bites or swimming in water with an open cut.
From what I understand these are also things Toady has been working on; diseases in general, at least.
Just so I remember

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 10:08:36 pm »

"Wound infection and sepsis" might be in the next release.  It's marked as "delayed" in the list (under "Venom").

vitaoma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 05:57:31 pm »

Yeah, I totally agree. I have some immigrants like Soap Maker or Fish Dissector who spend the whole season talking at the dining room and when I finally need them they take break? Break from what? Tired of chatting?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 07:23:03 pm »

Yeah, I totally agree. I have some immigrants like Soap Maker or Fish Dissector who spend the whole season talking at the dining room and when I finally need them they take break? Break from what? Tired of chatting?
How is this relevant?
Just so I remember

Felblood

• Bay Watcher
  • No, you don't.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 12:18:49 pm »

I think that's just a mis-post, that was intended to go in the "no more power naps" thread.

The path through the wilderness is rarely direct. Reaching the destination is useless,
if you don't learn the lessons of the dessert.
--but you do have to keep walking.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 12:30:42 am »

Infected?

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2009, 12:37:47 am »

Infected?

What if it's broken AND infected? Or severed, and the stump is infected?

We'll see what Toady comes up with.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!