Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Armok God of Blood  (Read 1537 times)

Tallefred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Armok God of Blood
« on: February 28, 2009, 02:49:25 am »

It suddenly occurred to me who Armok is. Me. Nothing entertains me more than my fortress descending into chaos. A burning dwarf makes me smile, I spend hours designing intricate ways of killing nobles, I watch gleefully as goblins charge into rows of traps. I even have a hole smack in the middle of my fortress where moody dwarves can jump to their deaths on a statue of myself.

If you think about it, we even have an answer to free will here. I can pull the strings of fate, and manipulate dwarves into doing what I want, but I can't make them do anything. They have the choice to run off during a siege to check on their chest or go to sleep. I can manipulate their career choices and what neighborhood they live in, but that's about it.

I didn't run a search, so if this has been discussed before feel free to flame me.
This is to make me recognizable.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Armok God of Blood
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 04:05:13 am »

Does that mean that purposefully covering your entryway in elephant blood is Your way of paying sacrifice to Yourself?
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 07:03:53 am »

All hail Armok. God of impersonators.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

LrZeph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 12:03:21 pm »

Hey, someone should pass a message on to armok about this thread.
I hear he deals with Impostors Very Messily.
And everyone knows, when the Dwarves come out of the walls, it's all over.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 01:32:59 pm »

I think its fucking brilliant damnit.  I always wondered why none of my dwarven civilizations ever had Armok listed as a God.  Now I get it. 

Thats awesome...the player is the blood god.  Thats totally how we all play too.

Of course....that means Armok must also be some sort of insane engineer of overly complicated projects of minimal significance.
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 02:00:04 pm »

This expalins so much
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 02:15:21 pm »

My word . . . We are all Armok!  This explains why dwarves never worship him; he's the guy writing stories about torturing them!
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 12:24:16 am »

And writing pages about murdering mermaids for their bones, killing children for fey mood control, the most entertaining ways to deal with prisoners...

I'm starting to wonder why this is such a surprise.

Hagadorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO-GIFTS] [NAUGHTY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 12:39:38 am »

My word . . . We are all Armok!  This explains why dwarves never worship him; he's the guy writing stories about torturing them!

*stands up form the crowd of Gladiators* No, I'm Armok!
You see, booze is a parasite. It lives off dwarves and compels them to dig into the ground so as to create massive defences to protect it's self. It really shouldn't be called dwarf fortress, Booze fortress would make much more sense.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 04:41:40 am »

I think it works a bit differently, when playing DF, we are all aspects of the blood god, himslef consisting out of the ambitions and actions of DF players.
It does explain a lot. Anyone else up to making temples to our unified self?
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 05:28:30 am »

No, I am!

Armor is moved to tears because he knows that all these Armoks will be jumped upon by thousands of unhappy dwarves.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Pruvan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 05:40:16 am »

Can't you see? There's a little Armok inside all of us, guiding us with invisible hands! Now let's all join hands and hum the seven hymns of blood.

Hmmmm hmm hmmmm hmmmmmm...
I don't see dicks...  I'd hate to ask people to point them out.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2009, 06:48:28 am »

No, I am!

Armor is moved to tears because he knows that all these Armoks will be jumped upon by thousands of unhappy dwarves.

I'm Armok and so is my wife!
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 06:51:10 am »

Can't you see? There's a little Armok inside all of us, guiding us with invisible hands! Now let's all join hands and hum the seven hymns of blood.

*drops a puppy from 20 stories above into the middle of the hymn circle*

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2009, 07:33:24 am »

*drops a puppy from 20 stories above into the middle of the hymn circle*
Thanks!
*Drops elephant  onto Leonon*
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)
Pages: [1] 2