Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Prioritize!  (Read 473 times)

Sinfang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Prioritize!
« on: February 27, 2009, 03:47:44 pm »

sorry if this has been mentioned before, but could we have a 'priority' tag to attach to certain jobs?

So a dwarf would always prefer digging over hauling.  As long as squares were marked to dig, he wouldn't leave to grab a piece of junk on the other side of the map.

The same with the site finder.  I love my magma pipes, but it seems like the game considers them the least important feature when going down the list.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Prioritize!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 03:58:52 pm »

Job priorities is #6 on the Eternal Suggestions list. Feel free to go vote for it!

I think there are some suggestions floating around for improvements to the site finder, but I don't have any links to those handy at the moment.

Welcome to the forum!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Rakeela

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 01:25:19 am »

Ah, there are so many good things on that list.  I hope some of them get integrated into the game.  It would be a wonderful feeling to look at the list someday and realize that one of my votes is no longer in there because the feature request got implemented.

I studied the list closely because that seemed a tempting thing to put my vote into.  I ended up moving two of my votes (from 'improved hauling' to 'fix cooking exploit' and from 'auto-mining' to 'improve mining pathfinding and priority' respectively), but since I only get three votes, I couldn't put one to the job priority request as well.

In placing those two new votes where I did, I was moving them to things that I think would be easier to implement, on the idea that they'd improve the game out of proportion to the difficulty of implementing them.
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the blood god, for it is a dwarven number.  It's number is five-hundred and eighty nine.
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=53222.0

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 01:53:56 am »

It would be a wonderful feeling to look at the list someday and realize that one of my votes is no longer in there because the feature request got implemented.
I've gotten a half-dozen or so things into the game.  The trick is to ask for little tiny concrete things while Toady happens to be looking that way (which it's feasible to guess at given that he's blogging about it).