Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Dungeon Game  (Read 6843 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Game
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2009, 10:04:20 am »

Going berzerk for some reason, I launch myself towards the orcs, roar a warcry and start smashing them to bits.
A minute later, covered in orc blood and bone, I manage to fall through a hole in the floor.
I get up and notice we are in a plaza with ruined buildings. The sky is red. A river crosses through the plaza.
We realize, too late, that something is climbing out of the river.
This is the Plaza Of The Kraken.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2009, 10:10:11 am »

We fight the Kraken along the side of the river and finally defeat it. Taking our spoils of battle, we wearily enter the Threshold of Blades and Grails. Magical floating blades drift around here, fighting each other. There are skeletons littered all across the floor. At the other end of the room is a pedestal with a golden grail on it.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2009, 10:17:36 am »

Running through the blades, I grab the grail and realize my mistake a second later as the Threshold starts falling apart.
We escape through a hole in the floor, to a large underground cavern.
A voice comes behind us; " What's this? Food? A rare sight these days..."
It's a starving vampire. Poor thing, it must've been trapped down here in the Vampire's Vault for awhile.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2009, 02:37:17 pm »

We attempt to slay the vampire, but no one brought garlic, a stake, or a holy symbol. We attempt to flee, but there are no exits. The vampire bites several people, when suddenly a portal opens!
We flee through the portal. The vampire joins us. Grateful for his release, he is now no longer aggressive. This area appears to be a hub of portals. A corridor full. Yea, it is the Hallway of Portals and Doors.
Long Live United Forenia!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2009, 03:23:53 pm »

After several Scooby-Doo style door gags, we eventually find a door that leads out of the Hallway of Portals and Doors. The room is pitch black, save for an illuminated path into the darkness. As we walk the path, most of us can see piles of something in the darkness. Knowing our luck, we all stick to the path. Eventually the path leads to a pedestal with an inscription. The vampire can read it, and says we have to place the chalice we received earlier on the pedestal. Upon placing it, the cavernous room fills with light.
 The piles around us were riches, and the walls are covered in equipment specially tailored for us.
 What luck, we have stumbled upon the Treasury of Destiny!

It is unfortunate that destiny didn't note that the room is now infested with crystal golems! They hide in the riches as crystals!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2009, 03:30:11 pm »

The light was sunlight, and killed the vampire the moment we placed the grail.
I take what's left of him and manouver through the golems. I wonder why there are so many crystal golems in the dungeon.
Bursting through an open door at the end of the Treasury, I manage to stop inches away from the end of the floor.
Unfortunately Duke crashes into me, throwing me down into the water.
I swim back up to the surface and shout to the others they should follow me through the Underwater Watchtower.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2009, 03:59:02 pm »

I rub at my oddly bad sunburn (and those damn bite marks) and dive towards the watchtower. Unfortunately neither I nor anyone else can breathe underwater. I remove a bucket from the treasury, and defy carbon-dioxide and use the bucket to bring a pocket of air with me into the watchtower. Fortunatley the top room of the watchtower is the
Chapel of Protection and my foolish underestimation of how much air I use per hour is forgiven by the room's protecting powers, which prevent death, or indeed injury in any form whilst within the chapel. You other people also grab buckets and follow me.
We now have multiple buckets containing carbon dioxide. We also have vampire ashes.
Several people have a bad sunburn and (vampire)bite marks.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2009, 04:03:14 pm »

As we nurse our wounds, one of our group takes note of a strange cloud inside the chapel. Upon further inspection, we see minecart tracks poking out from the cloud. Why,we must have discovered the Aerial Gateway of the Miners! Because the Chapel of Protection is in the Underwater Watchtower, we decide this would be the best way to proceed. We climb the access stairs to the chapel rafters, and enter the cloud to find a mine filled with miners swinging picks at clouds.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2009, 06:53:50 pm »

The miners are mining sky-crystal! We eagerly grab for some of the very valuable riches. The miners become angry and surround us. The lead miner shouts at us for interrupting the mining and they push us off the cloud. We fall and hit the water, knocked unconscious. The party wakes up at the bottom of the ocean, the cleric frantically casting Breathe Underwater spells. We retreat into a ruined building, filled with books. Hmmm, this must be the Aquatic Hallway of Books! Ruined, soggy books line the walls, some floating across the hallway, falling apart.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2009, 03:50:23 am »

We grab some soggy books and leave the Aquatic Hallway of Books. We enter the bottom floor of the Underwater Watchtower. There is a large onyx arch here, through which can be seen a twisted chaotic mass of colours. It is the Onyx Gateway of Insanity.

We now have some buckets containing carbon dioxide, vampire ashes, some sky-crystal, and some soggy books.
Everyone can breathe underwater. Some people have a strange thirst for blood, bad sunburns, and bite marks.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2009, 04:30:29 am »

Laughing madly, we proceed through the Gateway, to a pleasant underwater art gallery. For some reason, all the paintings and engravings are about a skeleton.   A dead voice comes from behind us.
" Enjoying my gallery?"
This is the infamous Aquatic Gallery of the Skeleton. The skeleton eyes our sky-crystal greedily.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2009, 04:38:11 am »

With a 'Legendary+5' throwing skill, somebody throws the sky crystal at the skeleton. The skull's fragments break the light barrier, creating a local anomaly transporting us to Hell.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2009, 04:49:00 am »

((You're supposed to use this: http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate.php?Genname=roomloc))

We jump through the portal, finding out that it doesn't lead to Hell, not at all, it leads to the legendary Keep Of The Shamans.
We hurry inside. The Shamans guide us through the Cavern Of Agony, and to the top of the Keep.
We see a seemingly endless desert landscape.  Then the shamans push us off the Keep, laughing as we fall.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2009, 12:16:56 pm »

So we died. Of starvation. No griffin to eat, you see.

When we woke up, we saw a sign saying:

WELCOME TO HELL!
Offically known as the SPIRE OF BLOOD but who cares about offical names!

You have committed very, very bad deeds, so you are being sent here as punishment. However, due to cutbacks, we only have one torture mechanism working and it must be self-administred. If you would please jump in this flame, you would be burnt to a cinder, and then be resurrected. Please continue to jump in this flame for all eterntiy.

Thank you.
---Spire of Blood Managment.

You see a green flame next to the sign.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2009, 01:19:44 pm »

We all pour the carbon dioxide from our buckets onto the green flame. It is extinguished. The ground rumbles. A demon appears, looks at us, sighs, and waves his hands at us. We are transported to the Crystal Foyer. This is the entrance to the Theater of the Crystal. There are many Crystal golems here, buying popcorn and soda.

We now have some empty buckets, vampire ashes, and some soggy books.
Everyone can breathe underwater. Some people have a pretty bad thirst for blood, elongated canine teeth, bad sunburns, and bite marks.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4