Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19

Author Topic: RTD: Unfettered Fate: Turn 23: Rolls Halted.  (Read 23900 times)

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Unfettered Fate: Turn 13 is up!
« Reply #150 on: March 25, 2009, 06:19:24 pm »

I decide to take a few steps away from the door, just in case something like that happens again with a much larger area of effect. I then go back to training myself in melee combat, heartened by how well it went last time.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 25, 2009, 07:21:13 pm »

I try to do the blast again.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 25, 2009, 10:45:49 pm »

Ok, one more try at getting my senses back.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 26, 2009, 01:03:19 am »

I use my powers to improve my form.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 26, 2009, 02:59:36 am »

Ok. I have learnt from my failures.
I'm going to take at least three turns on this guy.

Psst.. you.. you want power? You want immortality?

First off: I tempt the guard

Aiming for a will penalty.
Long Live United Forenia!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 26, 2009, 08:16:44 am »

I demand I'm let out of the room. When/if a guard comes, I'll attack him (and attempt to disarm him.)

(If this doesn't work, I'm gonna develop psychic powers, damnit!)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 26, 2009, 12:50:49 pm »

I demand I'm let out of the room. When/if a guard comes, I'll attack him (and attempt to disarm him.)

(If this doesn't work, I'm gonna develop psychic powers, damnit!)
Just fair warning...  You might get out without any violence if you wait and try to convince them, and developing psychic powers will be essentially impossible unless one of the magically endowed players decides to help you.
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 26, 2009, 01:19:11 pm »

Oh, and Golgath? In my guy's sheet, there's no text for the 'Unarmed Combat Novice' skill when I mouse over it. Is it supposed to be like that?
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 26, 2009, 01:32:44 pm »

Oh, and Golgath? In my guy's sheet, there's no text for the 'Unarmed Combat Novice' skill when I mouse over it. Is it supposed to be like that?

Yup.  You'll need more practice to get any bonuses from it...  I probably should have put that there, actually. 

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 26, 2009, 01:36:04 pm »

Okay then, I attempt to persuade them to let me out.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 26, 2009, 03:53:15 pm »

I ask Rev if he can help me with getting a suitable shape to manifest myself in this world, since I am still incorporal.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 26, 2009, 04:45:51 pm »

And that's everyone.  I'll try to get the turn up soon...  Probably an hour or two.

I decide to take a few steps away from the door, just in case something like that happens again with a much larger area of effect. I then go back to training myself in melee combat, heartened by how well it went last time.
Stepping to the other side of the room to ensure you won't be hit if the door is breached again, you continue your practice with complete focus.  You feel considerably more competent, but also notice the sound of more movement behind the door.

I try to do the blast again.
You try to use the magical blast again, but the realization that dozens and dozens of people are shooting at you distracted you rather badly, even if they can't hurt you.

Ok, one more try at getting my senses back.
Another frustrating attempt, with seeming little progress...  But you feel as if you've gotten somewhere with this attempt.  You're getting better at resisting the confusion, and you fight it back even further.

I use my powers to improve my form.
You work on enhancing the stone chips that armor your body, and you manage to alter their structure a bit, making them a bit more resistant to blunt damage.

Ok. I have learnt from my failures.
I'm going to take at least three turns on this guy.

Psst.. you.. you want power? You want immortality?

First off: I tempt the guard

Aiming for a will penalty.
You try to whisper into the guard's mind, and you think you have his attention, at least...  He's looking around trying to figure out where the voice is coming from.

Okay then, I attempt to persuade them to let me out.
You rap on the door loudly, trying to get the attention of the guards.  A thin sliver of the door slides open, and you see one of the guards peering in at you.  You make a very powerful case, and the guard nods and lets you out, handing you a stunstick.  Apparently one of the other prisoners has tried to escape, and they wouldn't mind the help.

I ask Rev if he can help me with getting a suitable shape to manifest myself in this world, since I am still incorporal.
You try to tell 'Rev' about your problem, and he asks you if you can find him.  You try to home in on him with the mind link, and you manage it, but you can't manage the same teleportation trick that you did to get into the building originally. 

(The boulder is a little gone)=catch up with the group
You wriggle around more, and manage to pull yourself free of the hole somewhat.

Quote from: Defenders
Recovering from their alarm, they once again open fire on Org with every weapon they have, including some of the larger weapons on the vehicles.  Org remains completely unharmed, the vast amount of firepower not inconveniencing him in the slightest.

Quote from: War Leader Kav

Quote from: Pilot
Apparently encouraged by the other vehicles joining in, he as well opens fire on Org.  Org suddenly finds himself thrown around as several explosive shells crater the ground around him.

Quote from: Isolation Guards
The guard that let out DH quickly goes back to one of the doors further into the corridor, which DH notes has several large sets of welding torches sitting in front of it.  The door itself looks rather abused, particularly because it's been welded shut.

No one manages to notice anything else interesting going on.

Spoiler: Nuke9.13: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheeetar: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virex: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Org: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jay Kayell: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wehtamjd92: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xotes: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Digital Hellhound: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: War Leader Kav (NPC): (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Engineer 'Rev' (NPC): (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pilot (NPC): (click to show/hide)

Once again, any errors, problems, questions, feel free to say something.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 05:39:18 pm by Golgath »

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Unfettered Fate: Turn 14 is complete.
« Reply #162 on: March 26, 2009, 05:48:09 pm »

I try to transport myself towards Rev, preferably by teleporting. If I can't find the energy to do that, I try to actualy move instead.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 05:53:32 pm by Virex »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 26, 2009, 05:49:33 pm »

I use my magicks on the enemies.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 26, 2009, 05:51:14 pm »

I use my magicks on the enemies.
It would probably help to be a bit more clear in this case....  The aircraft, the infantry, the vehicles?  So far, the flying enemy is the only one who's done anything to you.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19