Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: RTD: Unfettered Fate: Turn 23: Rolls Halted.  (Read 23847 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Unfettered Fate (Actions needed; waiting on Org and wehtamjd92.)
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2009, 07:07:29 pm »

I attempt to make a body for myself.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Unfettered Fate (Actions needed; waiting on Org and wehtamjd92.)
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2009, 08:26:03 pm »

I attempt to make a body for myself.
I'm going to point out what happened last time and suggest maybe following this line of action won't achieve anything.
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Unfettered Fate (Turn three complete, accepting actions!)
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2009, 08:26:40 pm »

I make someone else make a body that I shall inhibit.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Unfettered Fate (Turn three complete, accepting actions!)
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2009, 08:29:17 pm »

...That works.  Anyway, I'm going to use Wehtamjd's secondary action this turn, so I'll put up the turn in an hour or so.

EDIT: And I suddenly notice Virex hasn't posted when I'm almost done.  Oops.  Well, I hope his action doesn't mean I need to recalculate the entire turn..
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 09:04:18 pm by Golgath »

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Unfettered Fate (Turn three complete, Virex, post your action!)
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2009, 10:51:23 pm »

For my next turn hmmmm...well this seems to need some looking into literally.

I use my perceptive powers to examine myself to see if there are some sort of limiters on me which keep me from making a body.

If I have a body by this point I try once again to make a space suit to protects me from whatevers out there...

(Turn after next just in case) If I have no body still then I make a body!!!!!
If I have made a space suit by this time I explore all its functions.
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2009, 11:24:14 pm »

For my next turn hmmmm...well this seems to need some looking into literally.

I use my perceptive powers to examine myself to see if there are some sort of limiters on me which keep me from making a body.

If I have a body by this point I try once again to make a space suit to protects me from whatevers out there...

(Turn after next just in case) If I have no body still then I make a body!!!!!
If I have made a space suit by this time I explore all its functions.
So you want to change your action?  I already rolled for the other, and I don't think you would be particularly displeased with the result, but I can still switch it.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2009, 01:21:42 pm »

Sorry for the slow response on my side.

Life? Here?

I try to identify the creatures shape and anatomy...

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Unfettered Fate (Turn four in progress.)
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2009, 02:16:22 pm »

I'm going to assume that wehtamjd wants to keep this turn and put everything together...

I create a body for myself from pure magical energy.
Finally equipped with an understanding of the energy, you begin work on weaving yourself a body.  Though you have a difficult time of it, you manage to weave yourself a fragile magical shell.  It won't be able to handle much in the way of damage, but at least you can interact with the world properly.

Oh, sorry, I misread.
I try to inspire fear in the life forms, and make them obey me.
Clearly these beings will be the first step towards domination.  You approach the structures with an easy stride, finally adjusting to your form as is suitable.  You see the creatures that inhabit this place.  They are short, compared to your form, though heavily muscled, and seem to be covered in a strange cloth that obscures most of their features.  One of the creatures with heavily decorated clothing points at you, shouting something indistinguishable.  They level several strange looking metal sticks at you, and a sudden roaring fills the air as dozens of projectiles fly through the air.  Though several of them strike you, they seem to pass through harmlessly, and the creatures are clearly daunted.

Predatory senses? Roar.
I seek out and possess the most powerful* of the life forms.

*Not one so powerful that I suffer a -2 penalty to possessing it
You surge towards the city, feeling as if the life there calls to you.  You sweep your perceptions across the creatures, trying to find one suitable for you.  In one of the large structures, you spot a particular creature that seems to pulse with strength.  You effortlessly pass through the walls with a few adjustments to yourself, and find your target deep within the structure.  In comparison with the other creatures, this one seems nearly twice their size, and even more heavily muscled.  You pass into the room, with what would be a grin if you had proper features.  The creature itself isn't fully covered like the others, and has a thick, hairless body, a blunt snout, and two large, light grey eyes. The creature sharply looks at you, and you have a rather nasty feeling when you realize it can see you.

I make someone else make a body that I shall inhibit.
You watch the other spirit greedily as it begins to form a shell for itself.  Though it seems to have a difficult time, it manages to create a body of sorts, and you try to steal into it once it is completed.  Your efforts are in vain, however, though you manage to avoid a swung fist when the spirit retaliates with it's new body in irritation.

If I fail I try to make a body again through sheer force of will.
Resolve unbroken, you attempt to force a body into being.  Though you can't seem to do much with regular old matter, you manage to gain enough control over your own form so that you can interact with normal matter.

Sorry for the slow response on my side.

Life? Here?

I try to identify the creatures shape and anatomy...
You are distracted by a faint tickling at the back of your mind, and you note you can faintly see the perceptions of the other spirits, realizing that the scarred one and the domineering one will be the first greeting these creatures receive from your little group, and you charge towards the scene, though you only get there in time to hear a roaring as the domineering spirit is fired upon by the creatures.

Quote from: Defenders
They attempt to judge how to respond to the twisted golem.
They fall back in disarray before the golem, looking to their leader for direction.

Quote from: Goliath
He reacts to the scarred spirit.
He backs slowly away from the scarred spirit.

Virex notices that the rest of the settlement seems to be mobilizing...  The noise created by the defender's weapons seems to have attracted some attention.

Figures that the crazy ones would get there first.  Oh, well.   ;D

If you see anything that seems to be wrong with the statuses or turns, please point it out.

Spoiler: Nuke9.13: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheeetar: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virex: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Org: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jay Kayell: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wehtamjd92: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Goliath (NPC): (click to show/hide)

EDIT: And of course I've managed to break a quote somehow, but at least it isn't catastrophic.  Trying to figure this out..
EDIT Once more: Missing brackets.  Move along, people.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 02:22:52 pm by Golgath »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Unfettered Fate (Turn four is complete, post your actions.)
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2009, 02:26:24 pm »

Hmmn, it can see me? That complicates matters... but not much.
Outside, shots are fired.
So my fellow spirits are in trouble? No doubt they will be thankful when these creatures leader comes to placate them.
Here body body body body.

I possess the Goliath

(After all my high roles last round, piece of cake, right? Right? Aww, please?)
Long Live United Forenia!

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2009, 03:28:05 pm »

I reinforce my magical shell.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2009, 03:47:57 pm »

"Do you dare attack Cheeetar?!You insolent creatures!"
I reach out and snap one creatures spine, to make the others afraid enough to obey.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2009, 04:53:56 pm »

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I need help.
I KALL ON AN ARMY OF ORKZ!!!!

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2009, 04:55:45 pm »

I channel power into the one who's about to get his neck snapped, and kindly but pursuasively ask him to snap Cheeetar's neck instead...

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If wehtamjd92 doesn't post tonight, I'll go ahead with the turn and use the action he posted earlier, though maybe with some interpretations so it'll make more sense.

I'd say it means you're going to have to get an epic fail to even it out, myself, but you could try currying favor with the dice gods..

EDIT: And it's been long enough.  Going to put up the turn here when I'm done with it.

You try to strengthen yourself against any potential harm you might face, but you don't feel like you've accomplished anything.

Hmmn, it can see me? That complicates matters... but not much.
Outside, shots are fired.
So my fellow spirits are in trouble? No doubt they will be thankful when these creatures leader comes to placate them.
Here body body body body.

I possess the Goliath

You charge towards the Goliath, greedily attempting to possess his body.  This clearly is no normal creature, yes.  As you try to subvert his will and take over his body, you feel yourself knocked back by a titanic mental blow, though to observers it only appears that the Goliath is standing dead still with his muscles tensed.  This could be difficult, though he seems to be a bit dazed.

I reinforce my magical shell.
Grabbing more strands of energy, you work a little at strengthening your shell, and manage a little progress, though not enough to be significant.

"Do you dare attack Cheeetar?!You insolent creatures!"
I reach out and snap one creatures spine, to make the others afraid enough to obey.
You charge at the creatures, but they clearly aren't going to let you any where near them.  A few more of the creatures move in from deeper within the settlement, though only one is armed with a strange metal weapon.

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I need help.
I KALL ON AN ARMY OF ORKZ!!!!
You can't seem to do anything yourself.  You need to find someone to help you.  You search around, but you don't think anyone here is particularly inclined to help you at the moment.

I channel power into the one who's about to get his neck snapped, and kindly but pursuasively ask him to snap Cheeetar's neck instead...
You see the domineering spirit that calls itself Cheeetar charge towards the creatures, and in desperation you try to call the energy towards yourself.  Once again, you've drawn upon a great deal of power, though you feel in a bit more control of it this time around.  You throw the energy at the creatures, attempting to empower them to allow them to stop Cheeetar.  All of them now have a faint glow around them, and you aren't quite sure what you've done.

Quote from: Defenders
They attempt to regroup and fight back against Cheeetar.
Apparently disoriented from Virex's efforts, they fall back further, joining with those who have just shown up.

Quote from: Goliath
He tries to regain focus and strike back at the scarred spirit.
He shakes his head as if to clear his mind, pulls out a blunt-nosed sidearm, and fires at the scarred spirit several times, to no effect.
Half a dozen other creatures pour into the room, four carrying the longer metal guns, and two holding compact weapons that vaguely resemble the sidearm the Goliath carries.  They look to their leader for direction.

Cheeetar notices that more of the creatures seem to be streaming in from the settlement proper, some of them toting different weapons then these apparent guards.

Statuses will be put up shortly.

EDIT: After I fix all these acronym tags I somehow broke.

Spoiler: Nuke9.13: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheeetar: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virex: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Org: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jay Kayell: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wehtamjd92: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Goliath (NPC): (click to show/hide)

Once again, any errors, problems, questions, mention them. 
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 01:36:30 pm by Golgath »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Unfettered Fate (Turn five complete, post your actions.)
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2009, 02:08:05 pm »

Grrrr, you'll get yours. Who are these? Are they- are they threatening me?
Wa-ha-ha-ha!
Time for sneak tactics...

I sneakly sneak into one of the invading creatures. I will not subvert it to my will yet, just ride along for a while...
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19