Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: RTD: Unfettered Fate: Turn 23: Rolls Halted.  (Read 23723 times)

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Unfettered Fate: Turn 21 is up. Finally, a proper explosion.
« Reply #255 on: April 01, 2009, 08:32:09 pm »

I take cover behind a huge rock.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Unfettered Fate: Turn 21 is up. Finally, a proper explosion.
« Reply #256 on: April 01, 2009, 10:58:50 pm »

I keep seeing the views going up.  You people want me to post a turn, don't you?  *grumble*

Tired tonight, so I probably won't get one up...  We'll see, though.

EDIT: And I guess not.  At school now, but I have some free time.  Let's see if I can do this in an hour or less!  That's a negative, because JK went and rolled a six and I had to write something appropriate.  I won't be able to do much until class is over, but hopefully it will be up within the next three hours.  (Success!)

If I can go one way, then I can go the other way

I try to replicate what happened last turn and reverse everything, hopefully putting me back togheter...
You try to reverse the process, but you just can't manage it.  It was tiring enough to try teleporting the first time, with the body and everything.

Hmmn.

I (make the guard) wildly attack org.

Sorry org. But the (slim) chance of you actually getting hurt is waaay worth making this guy a hero.
Infusing the guard with a new wave of determination (and that handy adrenaline that keeps him from thinking!), he charges past the officers, muscles his way through the press of troopers and vehicles, and charges Org, who is probably wondering what just happened.  Org watches dumbfounded as the feral trooper charges at him.  He doesn't react fast enough, and for his troubles he lets two dozen rounds fired in his direction, which oddly enough seem to be wearing away at his magic form.  Maybe Nuke's interference caused that...

I use my geomancy to further improve my form
Calling all your geomantic powers to bear, you drag at the earth below you, trying to force it to make a greater, grander form.  The ground shudders and buckles under you, and reaches upwards, engulfing you and Org as you black out.

I protect Xotes.
You walk over to Xotes, intending to chat, then you see something surge into the air and promptly fall over, making the ground shudder, sending you scrambling for cover again, this time accompanied by several others.

I throw a fireball at the pilot.
You've had a rather lousy time recently, and suddenly being engulfed in earth again, if in a longer lasting and less explosive manner really doesn't help things.  Struggling to escape fails to dislodge you at all.

I assess the guards mind and learn all I can of the situation.
You force yourself into more control and awareness, fighting with the guard's mind in an attempt to drag information out of him.  The guard fights back valiantly, and in unfamiliar territory, you don't get anywhere with your attempts. 

I take cover behind a huge rock.
You grab DH by the collar of his uniform and drag him into proper cover under an APC as you hear the chaos coming from the field. 

wow it takes forever to get a body and then when you break it it takes forever to fix.
You try again to get your regeneration going, and thankfully manage to do so.  For some reason, you feel a great amount of movement of earth, but your form begins rebuilding regardless.

Quote from: Defenders
Despite the rather alarming development, they seem to retain their wits (for the most part).  Nuke notices that they don't seem particularly inclined to fire, whether because the guard is in the way or the small hill in the middle of a crater isn't considered much of a threat. 

Quote from: War Leader Kav
Recovering admirably from his shock, he quickly orders several troops forward to investigate the new hill that seems to have formed, and glances meaningfully at Xotes and DH.

Quote from: Pilot
The pilot seems rather bemused by developments, and hovers in the air aimlessly.

Quote from: Engineer 'Rev'
Rev brings the two pieces of Virex's body together and begins working on reattaching everything, muttering all the while. 

No one notices anything particularly notable.

Spoiler: Nuke9.13: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cheeetar: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Virex: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Org: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jay Kayell: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wehtamjd92: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xotes: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Digital Hellhound: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: War Leader Kav (NPC): (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Engineer 'Rev' (NPC): (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pilot (NPC): (click to show/hide)

Once again, this was put together in a bit of a rush, so let me know if you see any flaws.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 11:59:21 am by Golgath »
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Unfettered Fate: Turn 22 is ready! Post your actions.
« Reply #257 on: April 02, 2009, 01:14:10 pm »

I investigate the new hill with the others.

Nevermind.

I attempt to persuade Kav to order the pilot to land.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 02:02:09 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 02, 2009, 01:23:10 pm »

I attempt to keep the soldiers away with my geomancy powers.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 02, 2009, 01:53:26 pm »

I (make the guard) attack the hill (with org in it)
Long Live United Forenia!

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 02, 2009, 02:13:35 pm »

You noticed you're unconscious, right?

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 02, 2009, 03:13:59 pm »

You noticed you're unconscious, right?
Yes, with a -3 to all actions, with my +1 to geomancy that means I only get a -2.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 02, 2009, 03:29:49 pm »

GIANT MAGIC BLAST.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 02, 2009, 03:57:07 pm »

GIANT MAGIC BLAST.
Coherency and elaboration are your friends.  Please let them help you.   :P

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 02, 2009, 03:58:54 pm »

I. make. a giant. magical. blast. of. energy. to. kill. my. enemies.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 02, 2009, 05:09:26 pm »

While Rev does whatever he's got to do to fix me up, I try levitating some random objects he doesn't need.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 02, 2009, 05:17:16 pm »

I attempt to make the guard kill himself. I am going to try and gain skill in possessing, so I can do this kind of thing easily.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 02, 2009, 10:07:13 pm »

I get out from under the APC, dust myself off, and then go to investigate that hill with the other guys. I also keep a respectable distance from the rest of them in case something goes horribly wrong.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 02, 2009, 10:21:52 pm »

I get out from under the APC, dust myself off, and then go to investigate that hill with the other guys. I also keep a respectable distance from the rest of them in case something goes horribly wrong.
Final post.  Kinda tired from school, but I'll see if I can get a turn up tonight.

EDIT: Right at midnight.  Goodie.  Once again, I'm sure I screwed something up here, the time being what it is, so point out any potential (or actual!) issues.

I investigate the new hill with the others.

Nevermind.

I attempt to persuade Kav to order the pilot to land.
You pull yourself out from under the APC, look regretfully at your now quite thoroughly dirt-covered suit, then walk up to Kav, suggesting things could get messy with the helicopter pilot in the air and the troops closing in on a potential danger area. Kav responds by telling you that while he'll keep it in mind, he is the one in charge here, and makes the decisions, sending you off feeling irritable and frustrated.

Your inner mind tries to erect some sort of defense for your form, but all you manage to do is push ineffectually at the stupor engulfing you.

I (make the guard) attack the hill (with org in it)
You try to urge the guard on to try to continue attacking Org, but the adrenaline seems to be wearing off and he's somewhat more reluctant to do so.

I. make. a giant. magical. blast. of. energy. to. kill. my. enemies.
You feel like you would have had some sort of success with your efforts if you weren't buried in whatever this mess of dirt is called.  You remain quite firmly trapped.

While Rev does whatever he's got to do to fix me up, I try levitating some random objects he doesn't need.
Rather unsure of what to do with yourself, you attempt to levitate something nearby to test your skills.  When everything not fastened down starts to hover (including Rev, to much discomfort on his part), you quickly reverse the effect, sending a wide number of objects clattering down and Rev landing looking rather surprised looking.  You feel a bit more capable at manipulating magic.

I attempt to make the guard kill himself. I am going to try and gain skill in possessing, so I can do this kind of thing easily.
Attempting to crush the guard's will, you try to force him to destroy himself for daring to disobey you!  The guard's will seems to be weakening, and his whole body is shaking.

Cautiously creeping out from under the APC, you ineffectually try to dust yourself off as you begin jogging after the troopers approaching the strange hill. 

wow it takes forever to get a body and then when you break it it takes forever to fix.
You try to prod your regeneration into working faster, but you either don't have enough power or just don't know what you're doing.   It continues pulling at the nearby earth, gradually rebuilding your form.

Quote from: Defenders
Kav's assigned troopers move ahead at a quick run, apparently quite excited about taking a look at this strange hill, for whatever reason.  Xotes stops at the edge of the crater while the others dig around on the hill, looking for something meaningful.

Quote from: War Leader Kav
Apparently satisfied with the troops movement, he watches his soldiers from behind the defensive line.

Quote from: Pilot
The pilot hovers steadily around the newly created hill, apparently waiting for something.

Quote from: Engineer 'Rev'
Seeing as he had put it together not too long ago, Rev effortlessly reconnects everything and Virex feels his body begin to respond properly, though feeling a little shaky after a brush with teleportation.

Cheeetar notes that the vibrations from the south, suspiciously similar to that of the aircraft from before, are getting stronger.

Spoiler: Nuke9.13: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cheeetar: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Virex: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Org: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jay Kayell: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wehtamjd92: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xotes: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Digital Hellhound: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: War Leader Kav (NPC): (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Engineer 'Rev' (NPC): (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pilot (NPC): (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 10:44:08 am by Golgath »

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Unfettered Fate: Turn 23. From the depth of a sleep-deprived mind.
« Reply #269 on: April 03, 2009, 04:17:21 am »

I use my geomancy to drive the soldiers away.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19