Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 77

Author Topic: Peasant Adventure! The World of Suffering!  (Read 83513 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: Peasant Adventure! A Deadly Journey!
« Reply #525 on: March 30, 2009, 03:40:18 am »

Wield it as a weapon.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 30, 2009, 04:24:39 pm »

Hmm... I guess I... I Dunno. I sign up for a to-the-death match.

You start to approach the proprietor when he exclaims,

"Oh! Why looky there, it's our winner!"

In the doorway stands the masked man that beat you. He's gesturing that he wants to talk to you outside.

What do you do?

I try to make an egg hatch.
Dragondragondragondragon

You incubate the eggs the best you can.

All of a sudden, they start shaking and moving! You hold them in your hands as they bust open.

You're startled to find two newborn fairies, which have distinctively blue skin, practically featureless bodies, no wings, and closed shut eyes. Very different from adult fairies.

They wiggle about in your hands as they experience air and sunlight for the first time.

What do you do?

Examine the thong. Inspect for menacing spikes on the INSIDE. If one or less are found, wear it.

"You're most welcome, but I'm on a quest to slay some Imps, and I believe you dislike them as well! Is there any way you can help me with that, and show me the way to above-ground?"

((Whoo GCS Thong (I should have known it wouldn't be a +10 sword)!!))

You examine the thong for spikes, it has none, so you put it on. You feel pretty, even though you have a wedgy.

"I'm glad you like it!"

You ask the dwarves for a way out of this cave.

"Out you say? Well, the entire reason we're stuck down here is cause, generation ago, some jerk diverted a river into this Valley, and the river went right over our only exit. We dwarves can't dig up, so we've been stuck here ever since. If you tried real hard, you could probably make it out, but you'd probably drown in the attempt."

You think about your situation for a second, before being interrupted by the dwarves,

"Also, where is Kogan? We didn't see him come in with you."

What do you do?

Status

Nuke:
3hp
wearing: Dirty, old, muddy, burnt clothes. Safety Pin. Paladin of Extremus Button.
Inventory:
-Note from Duke Cody
-Paper Extremus Brochure
-2 fertilized eggs
-2 newborn Fairies (yet to be named)
-

Jon:
9hp
wearing: +4 Metal Shirt. Leather shoes.
inventory:
-pouch (VB coin, maps)
-wad of hay
-Fairy Whistle
-Love potion
- +2 sword
-Old, dirty clothes
- +2 Halberd (Spear and axe, equipped)
-

Siquo:
15hp
wearing: Dirty, old sheet. Artifact GCS silk thong
inventory:
-
-
-
-
-

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 30, 2009, 10:19:50 pm »

Go out and talk with the guy.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 31, 2009, 02:41:39 am »

I look at them with my saddest eyes.
"Kogan and I encountered the Giant Spider together. We fought it, but it was too big, too strong, and we got stuck in its webbing. Kogan fought like an elephant (I'd say bear but elephants probably impress dwarves more)! He told me to get away with the silk, and that he'd cover my exit, or all would be in vain. He died an honorable warrior's death, to save his friend from being possessed..."

With these words I bid them farewell, and try to find that leaking hatch again.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 31, 2009, 04:23:45 am »

Awww.
I shall name them arson and manslaughter.
I pray for extremus to protect and guide my little fairies.

Kuchi kuchi koo.
Long Live United Forenia!

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #530 on: March 31, 2009, 04:51:33 am »

"Kogan and I encountered the Giant Spider together. We fought it, but it was too big, too strong, and we got stuck in its webbing. Kogan fought like an elephant (I'd say bear but elephants probably impress dwarves more)! He told me to get away with the silk, and that he'd cover my exit, or all would be in vain. He died an honorable warrior's death, to save his friend from being possessed..."

If I remember correctly, you never actually saw Kogan die... now you just have to hope he did, so he can't walk up behind you and give the other dwarves a slightly different version of the story...
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 31, 2009, 05:06:30 am »

((... I know... That's why I'm leaving. Quickly. Knowing DM's, he survived and I now have an arch-enemy.))

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 31, 2009, 05:19:35 am »

((... I know... That's why I'm leaving. Quickly. Knowing DM's, he survived and I now have an arch-enemy.))
An arch enemy with GIANT CAVE SPIDER CAVALRY.
Maybe he fused with the GCS and now he's a half dwarf, half evil cave spider...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 31, 2009, 05:31:05 pm »

Go out and talk with the guy.

You go out to talk with the Masked Man.

In front of the Arena, the man stands in front of you. He nervously looks about, making sure no one is watching.

He then undoes his head wraps.

It's Derrick the demon!

"We meet again Peasant! I followed your advice, and found those flower seeds. I didn't have any money, so instead of stealing them in broad daylight, I found some other peasant about by your town's well, ganked his clothes, and used the fabric to cover up my red skin."

You thought those rags looked familiar, looking closer, you can see the name "Siquo" embroidered on them.

"I gave the kid attending the store a good black eye and made off with the seeds. They didn't last long though as I planted all of them along the road. Walking into Baurville, I heard that some imps were pestering people in Piet and I thought 'Hey, I have some friends in some of the more prominent imp families, so maybe they can help get me out of this crapsack world', then I socked some decrepit peasant in the stomach and took his savings of 2 copper. I made it here, and heard they were hosting a combat competition, and I knew this was my lucky day. Passing myself off as human, I entered; and now, beating you, I've doubled that 2 copper 8 times, and now I have 5 gold, 11 silver, and 2 copper. I can get some decent human weapons in case the first plan doesn't work out well. Since I saw you here, I thought I'd stop and say thanks for the advice earlier, what happened to your two friends?"

What do you do?

You tell the dwarves of Kogan's heroic sacrifice to save you from the giant cave spider. They seem a little sad, but then they wander into the tunnels to collect his socks, as is the dwarven way.

You retrace your steps and manage your way back to the chamber with the leaky hatch.

What do you do?

Awww.
I shall name them arson and manslaughter.
I pray for extremus to protect and guide my little fairies.

Kuchi kuchi koo.

You name your adopted Fairy children Arson and Manslaughter. They fall asleep in your inventory. you should find food for them soon.

What do you do?

Status

Nuke:
3hp
wearing: Dirty, old, muddy, burnt clothes. Safety Pin. Paladin of Extremus Button.
Inventory:
-Note from Duke Cody
-Paper Extremus Brochure
-2 fertilized eggs
-Arson and Manslaughter (baby fairies)
-

Jon:
9hp
wearing: +4 Metal Shirt. Leather shoes.
inventory:
-pouch (VB coin, maps)
-wad of hay
-Fairy Whistle
-Love potion
- +2 sword
-Old, dirty clothes
- +2 Halberd (Spear and axe, equipped)
-

Siquo:
15hp
wearing: Dirty, old sheet. Artifact GCS silk thong
inventory:
-
-
-
-
-

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 31, 2009, 09:30:35 pm »

Siquo, crawl through the hole.

What do fairies eat?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 31, 2009, 09:35:22 pm »

Siquo, crawl through the hole.

What do fairies eat?

They'll find out...

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 31, 2009, 11:25:57 pm »

"My friends? Well. One left and went back to Rodel, I do not know what happened to him. The other one and I traveled down the river towards Baurville, however he get stranded from a leak in our boat. We met some fairies and then some gigantic monster attacked we ran north but we got separated. I know not what happened to him either. What are you going to do now? Leave?"

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 01, 2009, 03:00:41 am »

Fairies eat moonbeams and happiness...
Actually they probably drink human blood.
I'm 75% sure that they are dangerous to me.

I will be on the lookout for... stuff. Anything. Bodies, monsters, mysterious evil houses, you name it.
EDIT: I will also try to make little weapons for the fairies from the safety pin.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 11:14:29 am by NUKE9.13 »

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 01, 2009, 03:51:47 am »

Actually I'm inclined to open the hatch.

Open it. If unable, break it. wait for the water, then climb out.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 01, 2009, 04:17:01 am »

Actually I'm inclined to open the hatch.

Open it. If unable, break it. wait for the water, then climb out.
Take a 5 pebbles.
Turn one pebble into a mechanics workshop.
Turn three into mechanisms.
Build a lever, and link it to the hatch.
Then build a wall between you and the hatch (with the lever on the non-hatch side)
Pull the lever!
(optional) Laugh evilly.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 77