Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 77

Author Topic: Peasant Adventure! The World of Suffering!  (Read 83111 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Peasant Adventure! The Town of Rodel!
« Reply #195 on: March 05, 2009, 12:31:08 am »

((can we make it so like, when we're in town we can move between places without having to wait for other peoples turn?))

Sure, I'll allow that much.

Rule Change: Moving around a town is a free action, but anything that would alter your Status or put you into journey mode is considered an action.

Hey, if I clean out the room that Vick trashed, can I sleep for a discount? I mean, he seemed kind of drunk.

"No, Baron Vick still has his room reserved. Cannot touch it until he signs out."

Jon went outside, he traveled to the temple of Vegas. He may need money for food, he could gamble for that money.

Jon travels to the Church, something about gambling for money.

"Hi stranger, can the Church of Vegas help you at all?"

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 05, 2009, 12:32:16 am »

"Hello sir. I just want to inquire what this temple is about? Who is Vegas and what does he do?"

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 05, 2009, 12:35:57 am »

Question- Does the motel fully rejuvenate me?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 05, 2009, 12:47:21 am »

Let's see, how about this: for 1 gold, you get any number of turns to sleep at the Motel. Decide how many turns you want to sleep, and for every turn that passes, 2 hp is recovered or something. Only actual turns though, free turns don't count.

"Hello sir. I just want to inquire what this temple is about? Who is Vegas and what does he do?"

"Why yes! Vegas is the God of Gambling. He thoroughly appreciates people that are willing to take a risk. Behind me are coins you can use to ask to make a bet with him. If you want to, just take one of these coins, then place anything you want to bet on the ground and openly declare you want to make a bet with Vegas, and he will listen to you. Flip the coin, and if it lands heads, you win and Vegas will double ANYTHING you've bet. If tails, however, you lose, and whatever you bet will be willed out of existence by Vegas himself. There are only three rules, you can't bet things you don't own, you can't bet living things, and you can't ever cheat Vegas, so don't try. It's been rumored that devout followers of Vegas will receive special offers by Vegas himself, the exact details of these offers are something I'm not quite clear on."

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 05, 2009, 12:50:16 am »

"So these coins are free? And can I bet the carcasses of creatures?"

((Can I sell stuff?))

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 05, 2009, 12:54:40 am »

((Can I sell stuff?))

Not really, but Baron Vick is heading towards the brothel *nudge nudge wink wink*

"So these coins are free? And can I bet the carcasses of creatures?"

"Yes and Yes stranger! Take a coin if you wish, they are all free, and bet animal corpses if you like, but not human corpses, because a corpse is considered the property of that person even after they die."

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 05, 2009, 12:56:59 am »

"Thank you priest! You are truly a good person!"

Jon thanked the priest, took a coin and left for the brothel. Considering Baron Vicks last actions in Rodel, it could be assumed he would be going to the Brothel.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 05, 2009, 12:58:25 am »

Let's see, how about this: for 1 gold, you get any number of turns to sleep at the Motel. Decide how many turns you want to sleep, and for every turn that passes, 2 hp is recovered or something. Only actual turns though, free turns don't count.
That really isn't worth it. I'd have to be out of the game for 9 turns and pay up 10 of my 13 gold. What other methods of health rejuvenation are there?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 05, 2009, 12:59:26 am »

Wait wait.

You have 13 silver coins, not gold.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 01:05:04 am by Emperor_Jonathan »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 05, 2009, 01:03:21 am »

I never intended for health to be something that was easy to get back, Cheeetar.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 05, 2009, 01:18:39 am »

Wait wait.

You have 13 silver coins, not gold.
What I really meant was 10 of my 13 silver.
I've played some mafia.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 05, 2009, 01:22:11 am »

((What happens when we get rid of the imps?))

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 05, 2009, 01:27:53 am »

Get back to Duke Cody and you win the game.

It might not be that easy though. heheheh.

I'm still thinking of changing the way turns are set up, I'm thinking very hard to allow for faster gameplay while the slower players can still be active.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 05, 2009, 02:11:51 am »

Alright, gamebreaking be damned, I'm flipping the turns system upside-down, and hope to god that my reasoning to the contrary is wrong, for faster play.

What I mean by this, is that all players' turns happen  the moment they post them or when I get around to them. Meaning that players that post the most get to advance their characters the most and explore the gameworld more. Players that aren't posting are considered to just be standing around doing nothing. Common sense will be applied liberally here.

Traveling long distances from place to place will now be handled with common sense reasoning. For example, if Jon leaves to Trombly, and Cheeetar dawdles around a bit before also leaving, Jon is considered in front of him and will arrive first.

Combat situations will be handled separately from noncombat situations, but will be handled on a situation by situation basis dependant on my reasoning.

tl;dr? More work for me, less waiting for you.

Now, I need to draw some more.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 05, 2009, 02:21:54 am »

I ask the hotel person when Vick will be checking out.
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 77