Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 77

Author Topic: Peasant Adventure! The World of Suffering!  (Read 82939 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Peasant Adventure! The Town of Trombly!
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2009, 07:57:44 pm »

I also wish to be part of the waiting list.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2009, 10:17:51 pm »

(Fact: Brent Jr. was originally supposed to be an adult midgit so his head didn't block the view of the items. However, because I suck at drawing, I drew a child instead of a midgit. I was about to erase him when I thought "Hey this is a good idea" and left him in.)

I sing out loud Hey ho hey ho to the imps we go!
I think that my companions my be at a store, so I go there
After seeing what is happening, I think of a trickery, how exciting!

Hello there little fella! Do you accept selling of items, and favors? You see, I have a magic staff here, that a travelling wizard gave me! If you sell my friend that knife for 4 silver coins, I will make you invisible! How's that?

I give my companions body signs that they have to pretend that he's gone when I'll cast the "spell"
Surely ordinary trade is no fun at all!

Rooster travels to the store where he sees his friends and he spies the knife. He thinks up a devious plan, he offers to use his "magic" staff to turn him invisible in exchange for the knife. (auto-fails because of the established fact that Brent Jr. has been told to not haggle or take odd deals)

"Sorry mister, Dad says not to do that, and what's a "wizard" anyway? Only gods can use magic mister, everyone knows that."

Having failed, Rooster wonders what to do next.

"Hey kid! I'm going now, but I promise that I'll return with a present for you! Do you think you could let me borrow the knife on my journey so I can not die?"
(Note- I fully intend to give the knife back after the journey, or pay for it if I lose it. I am a trustworthy person.)
After I talk to the child, regardless of if I get the knife or not, I travel to Rodel with Jonathan.

Cheeetar, unable to think of anything else, politely asks to borrow the knife, promising he'll return it or pay for it if he loses it, even though he could pay for it right now. (auto-fails because it's a dumb idea)

"Sorry mister, we only sell things, not loan them out."

Jon was disappointed at his failure. After gleaning from cheeter what he learned at the brothel he devises a plan.

"Cheetar. The dukes cousin, Vick, would be terribly ashamed, why don't we travel to Rodel and find him?"

Jonathan suggests to Cheeetar that they go to Rodel to find the Duke's cousin Vick (even though it was Cheeetar who knew that, not Jon).

Cheeetar agrees and they set off, humbled in their failure to con a small child out of a kitchen knife, even though they had enough money to buy it.

Rooster is now by himself in the store, If he leaves right now, he can catch up with them.

However, Cheeetar and Jon's journey to Rodel will take 4 turns, and Rooster can spend these in Trombly by himself if he wants.

Status

Cheeetar:
20hp
wearing: Dirty, Old clothes
Inventory:
-pouch (10 silver coins, maps)
-empty tin chamberpot
-
-
-

Jon:
20hp
wearing: Dirty, old clothes
inventory:
-wad of hay
-
-
-

Rooster:
20hp
inventory:
-paper Extremus brochure
-Branch Staff (club, Breaks on 6)
-
-

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2009, 10:23:43 pm »

Take knife. Kill child. Rob store.

You heard him.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2009, 10:34:55 pm »

So- No actions during these 4 turns? Or we can only do travel actions, like gather leaves as I walk?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2009, 11:03:05 pm »

So- No actions during these 4 turns? Or we can only do travel actions, like gather leaves as I walk?

Look at the last picture, of you and Jon walking to Rodel, that's what you're gonna be around for the next 4 turns before you arrive. There are trees, shrubs, and rocks, make what you will of that.

However, they're may be special events that occur as you travel, so you may need to make a split decision out of nowhere.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2009, 11:04:16 pm »

I collect some rocks in my pot as I am walking, so I can throw at people who attack.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2009, 11:15:09 pm »

Jon look at the trees while he walked, he thought that a few of the branches could be utilised.

"Cheetar, just wait for me for a second."

Jon went into the tree line, only a little bit so he was visible to Cheetar, Jon collected a branch to use as a club.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2009, 07:28:03 am »

I try to catch up with them

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2009, 04:05:43 pm »

I claim a spot

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2009, 05:27:11 pm »

I collect some rocks in my pot as I am walking, so I can throw at people who attack.

You pick up some stones and stuff them into your empty chamberpot, with the intent to throw them at attackers. You find that it can hold 3 Stones.

Weapon stats:
Stone +0
Impr. thrown

You equip the stones automatically.

Jon look at the trees while he walked, he thought that a few of the branches could be utilised.

"Cheetar, just wait for me for a second."

Jon went into the tree line, only a little bit so he was visible to Cheetar, Jon collected a branch to use as a club.

Jon scopes out the nearby trees, and gets a tree Branch to use as a club. You find one, not unlike the one Rooster has.

Weapo stats:
Branch Club +0
Club
Breaks on 6

You equip the Branch club automatically.

I try to catch up with them

Seeing your friends leave, you don't want to have to fend for yourself in this big, cruel world, so you run to catch up to them before they are too far away.

Rooster catches up with the group, and they journey to Rodel.

(Now that nobody can really do anything other than travel, I'm gonna be skipping the turns rapidly in order to get to Rodel)

-TIME SKIP-

Turn 1: Nothing happens

Turn 2: Nothing happens

Turn 3:

You're close to Rodel, you can almost see it in the distance. However, a Demon with red skin, horns, and only wearing a black skirt jumps from the trees in front of you.

You think it's very unusual to see a Demon, for, although it is commonly known they exist, rumor of a demon in the Dukedom would have reached Trombly by now.

It shouts at you,

"Hey! Human-filth! What is in those pouches you carry? Give me all the coins you have and I'll let you pass"

It is no empty threat, while the demon is almost naked, he is a supernatural creature (with 40 hp, and +2 natural attack modifier)

What do you do?

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2009, 05:31:04 pm »

Someone be like "No, how about YOU give US all your money and we let you pass?"

/badadvice

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2009, 05:45:47 pm »

"We only have hay, a tin pot and these branches."

And lo! Jon tries to bluff the demon into thinking they have nothing.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2009, 06:13:24 pm »

Set fire to something and let Extremus sort it out.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2009, 06:17:33 pm »

(talking is a free action, so Jon gets to try to bluff)

"We only have hay, a tin pot and these branches."

And lo! Jon tries to bluff the demon into thinking they have nothing.

Jon explains that they are but peasants with nothing but branches, rocks, and a pot, and that there is no money on them, so he should let them pass

"Oh? is that so? Then drop everything you have and leave naked, then I will believe you!"

Status

Cheeetar:
20hp
wearing: Dirty, Old clothes
Inventory:
-empty tin chamberpot (contents: 3 rocks (impr. thrown, equipped))
-
-
-

Jon:
20hp
inventory:
-wad of hay
-Branch club (club, breaks on 6, equipped)
-
-

Rooster:
20hp
inventory:
-paper Extremus brochure
-Branch Staff (club, Breaks on 6, Equipped)
-
-

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2009, 06:20:30 pm »

hide coins in buttcrack
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 77