Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 77

Author Topic: Peasant Adventure! The World of Suffering!  (Read 82942 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Peasant Adventure! The Town of Trombly!
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 11:03:13 pm »

Drawings WOOOOOOOOOO

Put me on the waiting list, please.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2009, 11:12:16 pm »

"Bah! You imbecile, a brothel?! They are for drunkards and perverts! I must get any useful belongings from my house, then go to the store. Without supplies we shalt surely die!"

And thus, Jon, on the beginning of an epic journey, starts with one small step and a slightly larger one.. Search for useful belongings at his house and go to the store.

((I'm excited about this game ^______________^))
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 11:17:08 pm by Emperor_Jonathan »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2009, 01:18:14 am »

(Protip: it pays to be thorough and observant)
(Protip: Important things are highlighted)
(Protip: Don't be afraid to use specific commands or ask specific questions to NPC's)

Lets take the turns in the order they were given:

I say we go to the brothel to look for information from the many people that frequent there.
Talk 'guard' about 'rumours'.
If possible for a second action, I go to my house.
Edit: We all split up, get our belongings from our houses, and meet up at the brothel?

Cheeetar exits Duke Cody's Manor, entirely unsure as to what to do next. He decides that his first course of action is to enter the local brothel.

Inside the brothel is two people, Greg the clerk and Dan the Guard. Dan is holding a +3 Mace. On the wall are hand-painted portraits of attractive women, and across the room is a door with a sign over it saying "Whore room".

You explain your predicament to Dan and ask him if he's heard anything useful from the customers.

"Nope, can't say I have, no siree. We don't get lotta customers, mostly just Duke Cody, his extended family, and the occasional traveling merchant. Just Yesterday tho' Duke Cody's Cousin Vick frequented here, and then headed towards Rodel. I'm not sure what business he has there, but he's awfully rich."

After talking to Dan, you decide to recuperate at your home.

Your home, like all peasant homes, is incredibly shabby and shoddily built. You, like all peasants, are incredibly poor, and only have a small pile of hay to sleep on, and a tin chamberpot (contents: shit).

You stand in your hut, thinking of what next to do.

Ah, my beloved brother Cheetar. If you wish to loose all of your possesions for some whores, I'm not stopping you, please do gather information at brothel, but I will not participate in this. After all, I'm married.

I go to my house, gather any usefull belongings, but only those that fit for a long travel. After that I go to the church, and I speak to priests:

Oh, holy man of Extremus! I wish to learn about gods! Please teach me!

Stepping out of Duke Cody's Manor, Rooster's first thought is to go to his house and collect his valuables. Then he laughs and turns around because he remembers he doesn't own anything valuable.

Feeling the need for guidance, Rooster heads over to the Church of Extremus.

Inside is a smiling man in a long, bright green robe. On the wall is a sign saying "Consider becoming a paladin of Extremus", and below this is a small table, with a pile of brochures on it, with a sign prompting people to take a brochure.

You explain to the Man that, being next to a slave, you never had much opportunity to get closer to the gods, and would like to learn more about Extremus.

"Why yes! You can learn much here! My name is Andy, and I'm the priest of the Trombly chapter of the Church of Extremus. As you probably know, Extremus is the god of EXCITEMENT! Extremus hates boring people and situations, and is known for setting fires to SPICE UP our boring lives. Unfortunately, Extremus is not a very popular god BECAUSE he starts so many fires, and so if you really want to get in touch with him, you should visit Fort Lamar where a gladiatorial arena exists, dedicated solely to provide exciting things for Extremus to watch."

After listening to him, you stand there, thinking of what next to do.

"Bah! You imbecile, a brothel?! They are for drunkards and perverts! I must get any useful belongings from my house, then go to the store. Without supplies we shalt surely die!"

And thus, Jon, on the beginning of an epic journey, starts with one small step and a slightly larger one.. Search for useful belongings at his house and go to the store.

((I'm excited about this game ^______________^))

Jon, stepping out of Duke Cody's Manor, also thinks of going to his house to pick up useful things before laughing it off, seeing as how he's a poor peasant with nothing useful.

Looking into the pouch Duke Cody gave him, he examines the silver coins, and decides that it'd be a good idea to check out the store and see what supplies he can buy.

You step into the shop, expecting to see Brent the Shopkeeper, but instead you see Brent Jr., all by himself. On the wall is two shelves with prices listed for each item. On the top shelf is two wicker baskets containing 5 cobs of corn each, and then two small bags (contents: corn, tomato, and flower seeds), and then a single +1 kitchen knife. On the bottom shelf are two wicker baskets, each containing 10 tomatos, then two bouquets with 6 flowers each, then a single glass container containing an odd white substance.

The boy runs up to you, excited.

"Hey Mister! I get to run the shop all by myself! My dad went to Baurville for business and I get to run the store! I'm excited cause I get to try to sell this white stuff, it's called glue! Daddy told me not to touch it cause it's all sticky. Do you want anything mister?"

You stand there thinking what to do next.

Status

Cheeetar:
20hp
Wearing: Dirty, old clothes
Inventory:
-Bag (10 silver coins, maps)
-
-
-
-

Jon:
20hp
Inventory:
-
-
-
-

Rooster:
20hp
Inventory:
-
-
-
-

---------------------------------------------

Changed the status screen to be more specific.

Does anyone know of a free program that'll let me make JPG's, the kind that you can make make something and plant it onto preexisting pictures? That would help alot.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2009, 02:19:05 am »

I'll empty out the chamberpot as thoroughly as possible, and fill it with hay.
Walk into the shop. Offer to trade hay for knife. "Look here, this is hay! Horses like it, and you can make a pony your friend with it!"
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2009, 03:39:46 am »

Why 6 flowers?
(Note: Don't know about other countries, here even numbers of flowers are only put at gravestones and the like)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2009, 03:51:36 am »

Why 6 flowers?
(Note: Don't know about other countries, here even numbers of flowers are only put at gravestones and the like)

I'm glad somebody caught that, I was once made to read a three page article on flowers, and I thought it'd be clever to do that.

On a related note:

Dun Dun Dunnnnn!

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2009, 03:52:48 am »

Jon thought about his various options. He wanted the knife for protection mainly. He could do the dastardly thing, kill the child and ransack the shop. But then he would be shunned by the populace and the law.

But then again, the knife was rather expensive. Finally he decided a course of action.

"Greetings Brent Jr! I was looking to buy this knife here." Jon pointed to the knife. "However it is too expensive for me. Could you just give it to me for say... 4 Silver? I'm sure your father would not mind at all."

Jon, being rather poor was used to being savvy with his money, look for bargains where ever he could. Buying the knife at that price would deplete most of his money. However attempting to get a discount would reduce the price, easing the money pressure off of him.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2009, 06:07:38 am »

If the child refuses on mine and Emperor_Jonathans offer, I give the hay to Jonathan so he can offer both the hay and the 4 silver pieces for the dagger.
Also, I mean the hay, not the chamberpot. Just the hay.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2009, 08:04:14 am »

Well of course I'll take the brochure. You know I'm about to go to a big adventure that Extremus may like! Would you mind teaching me a prayer to Extremus?

After that I find a lone sturdy tree and break off a branch. Thereby making a staff. If I find a sharp rock that would be usefull too.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2009, 09:32:23 am »

(SPECIAL UPDATE: I have added two new rules, concerning "natural" attack modifiers and "Coin flip chance" situations.)

I'll empty out the chamberpot as thoroughly as possible, and fill it with hay.
Walk into the shop. Offer to trade hay for knife. "Look here, this is hay! Horses like it, and you can make a pony your friend with it!"

Cheeetar, standing in his hut, decides to empty his chamberpot onto the dirt floor of his hut. After thoroughly shaking all the shit out, he picks up handfuls of the hay that is his bed and stuffs it into the filthy chamberpot.

Cheeetar then ventures to the store, where he sees the shopkeeper's son is watching after the store for his father. He spies the shiny +1 knife sitting on the top shelf and devises the best plan he can think of. Cheeetar offers Brent Jr. the smelly tin chamberpot full of hay, with promises of ponies, in exchange for the knife.

"Sorry mister Cheeetar, Dad told me to only take money for items, sorry!"

Frustrated, Cheeetar yanks the hay out of his chamberpot, and gives it to Jon, who is standing nearby.

Cheeetar thinks as to what to do next.

Jon thought about his various options. He wanted the knife for protection mainly. He could do the dastardly thing, kill the child and ransack the shop. But then he would be shunned by the populace and the law.

But then again, the knife was rather expensive. Finally he decided a course of action.

"Greetings Brent Jr! I was looking to buy this knife here." Jon pointed to the knife. "However it is too expensive for me. Could you just give it to me for say... 4 Silver? I'm sure your father would not mind at all."

Jon, being rather poor was used to being savvy with his money, look for bargains where ever he could. Buying the knife at that price would deplete most of his money. However attempting to get a discount would reduce the price, easing the money pressure off of him.

Jon, seeing the failure that is Cheeetar's plan, devises another plan to be as miserly as possible. He talks to Brent Jr. knowing he is but a child, and tries to convince him to lower the price for him, assuaging any concerns he may have that his father may get angry.

(this is a feasible scenario, so it deserves use of the coin toss! Heads leads to a favorable outcome, tails to an unfavorable outcome) Result: Tails

"Sorry Mister, Dad told me not to haggle with anybody."

Dejected, Jon looks at the hay that Cheeetar gave him and thinks about what to do next.

Well of course I'll take the brochure. You know I'm about to go to a big adventure that Extremus may like! Would you mind teaching me a prayer to Extremus?

After that I find a lone sturdy tree and break off a branch. Thereby making a staff. If I find a sharp rock that would be usefull too.

Enthusiastic about the Church, Rooster asks the priest to tell him a prayer to Extremus.

"OH! There are no prayers! Living an exciting life is enough thanks for Extremus!"

Hearing that, Rooster takes a brochure and reads it as he walks out to the nearest tree:

Rooster has an idea! Rooster looks around until he finds a sturdy branch to use as a staff, and seeing as there plenty of trees to go around, he does find one!

Item get:
Branch Staff
Club
+0
Special Effect: Breaks and becomes unuseable afterwards.

After obtaining the Branch Staff, he ponders what to do next.

Status

Cheeetar:
20hp
wearing: Dirty, Old clothes
Inventory:
-pouch (10 silver coins, maps)
-empty tin chamberpot
-
-
-

Jon:
20hp
wearing: Dirty, old clothes
inventory:
-wad of hay
-
-
-

Rooster:
20hp
wearing: Dirty, old clothes
inventory:
-paper Extremus brochure
-Branch Staff (club, Breaks on 6)
-
-
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 06:34:46 pm by chaoticjosh »

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2009, 09:41:30 am »

I sing out loud Hey ho hey ho to the imps we go!
I think that my companions my be at a store, so I go there
After seeing what is happening, I think of a trickery, how exciting!

Hello there little fella! Do you accept selling of items, and favors? You see, I have a magic staff here, that a travelling wizard gave me! If you sell my friend that knife for 4 silver coins, I will make you invisible! How's that?

I give my companions body signs that they have to pretend that he's gone when I'll cast the "spell"
Surely ordinary trade is no fun at all!

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2009, 06:30:08 pm »

Jon was disappointed at his failure. After gleaning from cheeter what he learned at the brothel he devises a plan.

"Cheetar. The dukes cousin, Vick, would be terribly ashamed, why don't we travel to Rodel and find him?"

((Did you know, chaotic, that in the first two paragraphs of last turn you used my name, Jon, when it should have been Cheetar? Then you reverted back to saying Cheetar.))

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2009, 06:33:01 pm »

((Did you know, chaotic, that in the first two paragraphs of last turn you used my name, Jon, when it should have been Cheetar? Then you reverted back to saying Cheetar.))

Ha, I didn't notice that, I guess it was because I spent so much more time drawing your picture than Cheeetar's.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2009, 06:55:09 pm »

I Submit my name for the waiting list.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2009, 07:07:19 pm »

"Hey kid! I'm going now, but I promise that I'll return with a present for you! Do you think you could let me borrow the knife on my journey so I can not die?"
(Note- I fully intend to give the knife back after the journey, or pay for it if I lose it. I am a trustworthy person.)
After I talk to the child, regardless of if I get the knife or not, I travel to Rodel with Jonathan.
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 77