Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Staticbasements: Community fort - found your own guildhall!  (Read 9327 times)

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Staticbasements: Community fort - found your own guildhall!
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2009, 11:23:07 pm »

If the Fighter's Guild is willing to take a suggestion from a Fisherdwarf, why don't you add a ring of fortifications around the roof of the guild? It would make a good tower to shoot down on any goblins or kobolds that come lurking about.

Secondly, what sort of dining arrangements do we have? Perhaps we should combine our efforts to build a dining hall for all of us to use?

I have seen in adventure mode what the vision looks like. Dwarves can only see one Z level below or above. If I put fortifications it will be in the floor with the beds. The marksdwarves can fire while lying on the beds :o
Nah no fortifications. Real dwarves dont hide behind walls to block bolts and arrows. We dodge em with our small size :)

I wouldn't mind a unified dining hall. If I remember right, I belive it was the Hauler's guild who had originally proposed we have a central hall for meetings. O.o
Courage. Do one brave thing today, then run like H#ll.
Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

jplur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.parker-portfolio.com
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2009, 03:52:39 am »

http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/map-4820-staticbasements-sum-453

Report:

Nutsy was sent to mine down to the magma.  She was hit by a fireball upon entry.  Luckily she destroyed the imp and was carried to bed.  Vucar Vodlolor is very upset for her condition, it appears they are lovers.

The dwarves have decided to erect a common hall in the center of town, where Guildmasters can meet and the unfortunate can find a place to sit with their meals.  Nothing extravagant, mind you.

The Trappers have assembled quite a menagerie, and have begun taming beast and chaining them behind their hall.

Thee Guilds have seen great improvement in the last season.  The Construction Guild has smoothed a fine dining hall and placed an alabaster statue above their entrance.  The Glassmakers and Metalsmiths guild used their common interest to erect their main halls and magma rooms.  The Construction guild did a large part of the masonry and has been promised glass windows and worked metals. 

The Traders guild has done quite well with its artistry.  Their newest recruit has been spinning silk webs into rope and bags.  They have funded several sections of road to be built in the town.

Nil has set two traps in the shaft to the magma pool.  The Haulers have agreed to pump magma into the new channel once the imps have been dealt with.

New migrants:

Bowyer
Woodcutter
Ranger
Fish Dissector
Cheese Maker
Cook
Cook
Brewer
Lye Maker
Peasant
Peasant
I ended up finding out you can speed up pregnancies by changing the mother to a cat to knock them up and changing back before labor

Omnidum

• Bay Watcher
  • Blahblahblahblahblahblahblah.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2009, 06:16:03 am »

Could Nish Construction get a few more in the guild? Two people doesn't seem like much.
Edit: Could I have the other peasant and the woodcutter?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 09:32:57 am by Omnidum »
this topic is about guys punching themselves in the balls, and nothing else

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2009, 08:49:28 am »

Ill take a peasent, and give him stone carving/woodcarving and make him make mugs.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2009, 09:21:15 am »

Can I have the bowyer and the ranger?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2009, 10:13:18 am »

Finished!

Red is staircase and yellow is door. I want a small pool of water with a statue in the middle and surrounded by columns eventually, but that's a low priority. I don't want anything less than either obsidian or marble for it though. The five by five rooms are for the guild's head, and the other ones are for the guildsmen. Yes, there're lots, but this way we won't run out either!

This does not include farming areas or workshops, which will be housed in separate buildings.

Also, I want the brewer at least, and whatever other farming immigrants I can have.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

jplur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2009, 11:42:17 am »

Allright the assignments are in:

Tacticians get Bowyer, Ranger
Construction gets Woodcutter, Peasant
Traders get Craftsdwarf (forgot to mention him)
Fighters get Lye Maker and Cheese Maker, may they make cheesy lye out of our foes.
Haulers get a peasant
Fishers get Fish Dissector
Farmers get a Cook and Brewer
Glassmakers get a Cook

The Traders Guild is up for improvements, mainly a proper living quarters and a workshop floor.

I just discovered DwarfManager, that should take a lot of the headache out of switching these guys labors.  Thanks for the layout Boksi, it will be scaled down a bit but still up to specs.

I ended up finding out you can speed up pregnancies by changing the mother to a cat to knock them up and changing back before labor

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2009, 12:18:54 pm »

What skills does the ranger have?
I'd like him to be switched to army with his bow.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2009, 12:23:18 pm »

COOL!

Also in my own fort, I saw some brainwashed dwarves lead an ambush. They are now both in traps.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2009, 12:51:01 pm »

Here are my floor plans from top to bottom. please feel free to make them 50% or less of their current size.

ENTRANCE
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The ceiling is glass and the entry way is set as a meeting hall. this helps prevent cave adaption.
KEY-
brown - walls
dark green - doors
light green - glass
all else - random materials in that pattern

WORKSHOPS
If scaled down, just remove anything outside the smaller box.
Key-
Blue - Walls
Orange - General Stockpiles
Green - doors
Purple - Down stairs
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
STOCKPILES
For scaling down, also just remove the outer box.
KEY
Blue - dark blue walls
Orange - General Stockpile
Dotted teal - Stockpile areas for above shops
Purple - up staircases
Salmon Dots - Booze Stocks
Brown Dots - Food Stocks
DARK GREEN - Doors

MAIN FLOOR
Okay... this one can be scaled down in any way you see fit.
KEY
Lime checker - Dining Hall (can definitely be shrunk!)
Teal dots - Barracks (for usage by anyone) (can definitely be shrunk!)
Pea Green - Farmland (possibly run by farmers in return for something)
Maroon Circles - statue garden (can definitely be shrunk!)
Purple - Gym (can definitely be shrunk!)
Brown - Walls
Dark Green - Doors
Blue - 4/7 water for swimming pool.

BEDROOMS
This one can be shrunk, but it doesn't seem too large.
KEY
Blue - Walls
Brown - Background
Dark Green - Doors

The Red squares are for lining-up purposes, and they are the main stairwell.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 12:53:50 pm by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2009, 12:57:24 pm »

Wow..... just wow really.
(There needs to be an open mouth smily)
Courage. Do one brave thing today, then run like H#ll.
Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2009, 03:11:04 pm »

what can I say- I was bored. (you can use this smiley instead... same effect  :o)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2009, 03:39:04 pm »

Well, I thought about my guildhall for a bit, and this is what I have decided to use (no bedrooms added yet, although I suggets making them 4 levels below the main level. The top-left corner is the bottom of the guild hall, top-right is the middle, the bottom-left is the top. This is a practical design to allow magma-workshops to be built. I request clear glass for the glass floors.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2009, 03:46:11 pm »

nice hall but how do you plan on having water in the middle of nowhere on the top floor?

also- my guild hall floor plans are very movement-distance friendly  ;D

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

jplur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2009, 03:52:35 pm »

Nish: We have enough hands now to finish your hall.

Boksi: And about time, now here's my booze for barter.

Nish: How about that roast there instead?

Boksi: This little roast? When all this drink is up for grabs?

Nish: Right, that will be my fee. We'll begin in the morning!

Tradebeard: Aye boy, you're right.  There is a dead dwarf on the roof.  Bricked himself into the chimney from the looks of it. But I recognize those shoes.. what tragedy this day brings!  Rusty is dead!

-The dwarves gather for Rusty's internment, the Haulers Guild carries the body to an Orthoclase coffin-

Reg: Fitting that we bury him here, in the magma channel. He worked so hard to found this hall, and now he rest in its fiery belly.

Vucar: And what of his Guild?  I'd place a bet that his apprentice Ingish has never touched an anvil.

Reg: Who can say, or know.

-The human caravan arrives-

Tradebeard: At last.  What kept you last year?

Coni: Would *you* travel for two months into the wilds, just to buy a handful of rock figurines and rat skulls?  Speaking of which, lets see your best wares.

Tradebeard: Well.  A shame you missed last year when we had goods to sell, I'm afraid..

Nish: I have something that might interest them!

-He pulls out a fine roast, oozing with syrup and sugar.  The trader's eyes glaze over with hunger and the trading commences-

-Nil speaks up at the fountain-

Nil: My friends, as you know there have been a few accidents recently.  Nutsy will recover from hers but we may not be as lucky next time.  Danger abounds and as poor Rusty learned the hard way, facing it alone can be tragic.  I have four war dogs, waiting for masters.  With a trusted friend at your side you can once again feel secure.

Other news:

Nish bought 3 iron bucklers for the Fighters, in exchange for a guard posted ouside the Construction Hall. Nish also bought 6 barrels of milk.  General supplies were bought for the whole fort.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15