Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Staticbasements: Community fort - found your own guildhall!  (Read 9323 times)

jplur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.parker-portfolio.com
Re: Staticbasements: Community fort - found your own guildhall!
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2009, 01:39:44 pm »

Rashvir Rashgurkeskal has joined with the Farmers Guild!  She likes to eat plump helmet spawn.

Anyone know the translation of her name?  Deathstar Deathsomething..

The Glassmakers Guild gets 1 gem setter
The Construction Guild gets 1 untrained peasant
The Tacticians get a Dyer

Currently the Farmers have the most members at 3

Regarding your layouts;
I'll adapt the designs to fit, when it comes to that.  No problem in thinking big but remember we are still a poor settlement and a lot of Guilds are clamoring for improvements.

General Report:

The human trader is due any day now, but we have some decent wares; prepared meals from the Farmers and copper ore crafts from the Glassmakers.

We have no anvil, nor axe.  Dabar of the Fighters could use a weapon, she's already a great wrestler. We are at war with the elves and face the usual menaces, though the untamed wilds are secure enough thanks to Nil.

We have yet to search for the magma, but will begin taking samples of the surrounding bedrock.  Rusty has suggested that we drill down into the rock face to the southwest.

The Trappers Guild now has; 1 Giant Eagle; 1 Deer; 1 Fox; 3 two humped Camels, and 4 new puppies.  They plan to build a kennel over the summer.

Nutsy has been busy making bone crossbows and bolts, when she has had a break from mining duty.  She plans on erecting an archery target in the guild.

Those who requested dwarves in the future, I will remember.  I've also set the pop cap up to 30 and turned the desert into sand.  I will try to keep the dmfa map updated: http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/map-4806-staticbasements-sum-453

Long last the Prime Rampart, Staticbasements, and the Shaken Guilds!

I ended up finding out you can speed up pregnancies by changing the mother to a cat to knock them up and changing back before labor

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2009, 01:49:01 pm »

I would like to request that the farmer's guildhall aboveground constructions be made entirely out of wood.

I'm working on a design right now, but it's not going to come immediately.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

jplur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2009, 01:58:46 pm »

excellent.  I will use the proceeds from your prepared meals to buy an axe then.

I ended up finding out you can speed up pregnancies by changing the mother to a cat to knock them up and changing back before labor

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2009, 03:28:19 pm »

I'd like to found the fishing guild the moment you get a fisherdawrf. Name him Fortis.

Scratch that. I just checked the map and saw no place to fish. I'll take a craftdwarf instead and found the crafting guild. Name the dwarf Fortis.

you know, if you use the aquifer, you can make an underground lake to fish from.

Also, floor plans:
Pit in Lobby:

floor -2, aka, 3rd floor of meeting hall.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 03:32:28 pm by Vieto »

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2009, 03:43:07 pm »

you know, if you use the aquifer, you can make an underground lake to fish from.

Really? If that's so, I think I'll stick with the fisherdwarf guild, since it seems that a lot of the other guilds are already crafting their own stuff.

jplur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2009, 03:58:38 pm »

-The Guildmasters gather around the well-

Vucar: I have important news!  Our geological report has revealed some useful underground features.

Rusty: Magma, praise the miners! 

Nil: Whats this?  Trolls? Snakemen?! Creatures in the magma?!? And I with no cages ready!

Tradebeard: At ease Nil, there is time for many preparations.  And as the humans never did show, I suggest we begin work.

--------

Now that we have fish Fortis will get the first fishery dwarf.

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2009, 04:56:03 pm »

If you haven't already dug out anything in my guild, can I have it built into the rock south of the Construction guild? Thanks.

Ok, in truth, Maybe I'll skip fully designing my guild and just design the meeting hall.

deathstar175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2009, 05:52:32 pm »

The last name roughly translates the Deathattackshoot. Fitting I suppose.

jplur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2009, 06:13:37 pm »

Fortis Melbilgeb founds the Fishers Guild!  He is eager to have safe access to the underground pool.

new recruits:

Trappers get bone carver
Farmers get planter
Haulers get peasant
Fighters get fish dissector
Traders get craftsdwarf
Metalsmiths get soap maker

The dwarven caravan came.  Tradebeard did quite well with the transaction, we now own an anvil, copper ax, new cage, assorted seeds, barrels, yellow zircon, and more cat meat.

The Glassmakers funded an anvil for the Metalsmiths in exchange for a magma source beneath their guild and help erecting their hall.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2009, 06:33:34 pm »

Ah, excellent. Soon, my fellow dwarves, you will feast upon the bounty of the sea. And the Trapper's and Tacticians shan't want for bones for making crossbow bolts.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2009, 06:43:59 pm »

YOU SHALL MAKE ROCK MUGS! Tradebeard demands his new craftsdwarf.
If we need beds, use the carpenter.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2009, 10:20:27 pm »

well, I'll work on a new layout for the whole hall, scratch that mural.

how big can the hall be on the x/y axis? (I'm assuming we get full z-level range for our plot of land)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2009, 10:26:57 pm »

Here's what I want the fighter's guild to become eventually. I highly doubt i'll actually need all those beds..... but I want them for show :)
I have no idea how long this will take since we're fighters ^_^

« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 11:10:28 pm by short_dwarf »
Courage. Do one brave thing today, then run like H#ll.
Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2009, 10:37:38 pm »

Haulers have no fear of construction materials, and neither shall you, for a modest price!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2009, 11:10:33 pm »

If the Fighter's Guild is willing to take a suggestion from a Fisherdwarf, why don't you add a ring of fortifications around the roof of the guild? It would make a good tower to shoot down on any goblins or kobolds that come lurking about.

Secondly, what sort of dining arrangements do we have? Perhaps we should combine our efforts to build a dining hall for all of us to use?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15