Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Unluckiest Battle  (Read 23598 times)

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
Re: Unluckiest Battle
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 06:39:33 pm »

I started an adventurer with the name "Dandy Candyluck". Five steps out of the first town her throat was torn out by wolves. Shortest game ever.
HAH!
This one really made me laugh out loud.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

jasonxfri13th

• Bay Watcher
  • He is Jesus and Raptor combined!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2009, 06:53:25 am »

I had trained up an adventurer using swimming , ambushing, and wrestling.  Stats were nearly maxed out, and I had fairly decent shield and armor skills.  As a result I would more or less blow through lesser megabeasts without a scratch.

I get ambushed by 6 wolves, and in the first round of combat my throat is torn out.  I manage to kill the entire pack, but die before I can try to Travel and save myself.

Luckiest wolf in the world, and it gained a posthumous title as a result.
I hate it when that happens. My first 3 or 4 adventurers all had their throats torn out, and it seems as if there is nothing you can do except scream the F word as loud as you can.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2009, 11:47:34 am »

I started an adventurer with the name "Dandy Candyluck". Five steps out of the first town her throat was torn out by wolves. Shortest game ever.
Bahaha!

Mine was:
'You lash the wolf in his spleen!
It is shattered!

The wolf bites you in the left foot!
You give in to pain!

The wolf bites you in the throat!
You have been struck down!'

I didnt know spleens could shatter.  :-\

Lowtierhero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2009, 12:32:12 pm »

I visited my old fortress, now abandoned and full of Antmen, managed to kill everyone, snag an artifact gold opal and a masterpiece "Tomahawk" (Steel Battle Axe, but since I don't know how to equip I just throw it at people and kill them that way  ;D), and was about to make it out, loaded.

Then while travelling to a nearby dorf civ (was an Elf Wrestler at this point) I got ambushed by 3 harpies and killed  :'(

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2009, 06:23:21 pm »

I find it fun to fight harpies, lost an arm but I got over it.

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2009, 08:00:54 pm »

I visited my old fortress, now abandoned and full of Antmen, managed to kill everyone, snag an artifact gold opal and a masterpiece "Tomahawk" (Steel Battle Axe, but since I don't know how to equip I just throw it at people and kill them that way  ;D), and was about to make it out, loaded.

Then while travelling to a nearby dorf civ (was an Elf Wrestler at this point) I got ambushed by 3 harpies and killed  :'(
Playing as an Elf  :o

you train till youre legendary in swimming ambushing and throwing, then you meet a marksman and you wasted all youre time on training to die in 4 seconds. make ranged not overpowered  :'(
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

Lowtierhero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2009, 12:00:06 am »

Yeah, I'm one of those weirdos that likes elves :P

but I was partially inspired by this Elf slave (one elven civ during my fort mode was enslaved by goblins) who was legendary wrestler, superdwarvenly (lol) tough, Ultra Mighty, and Perfectly Agile that shredded through one of my 5 man squads (well, the 3 of them that weren't resting from sparring injuries) and killed a few of my masons who were constructing a chalk tower before being brutally murdered by my own Legendary Wrestler/Swordsman: Travis Touchdown.  8)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2009, 12:36:09 am »

Travis Touchdown?

Lowtierhero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2009, 12:42:39 am »

Yeah, the main character to No More Heroes.

Fights with a Lightsaber type thing he got on eBay and used to be a Luchador :V

Awesome game, I highly recommend it

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2009, 10:32:03 am »

I only ever become an elf to kill more elves.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2009, 01:36:47 pm »

i want to be a bronze collosi just to rip off the elves ears.
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

Yaaga

• Bay Watcher
  • "Mou... Yui-Senpai... Stop teasing me!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2009, 04:32:49 pm »

My unluckiest battle happened with one of the greatest adventurers I, and possibly anyone else, will ever know. His name was Yaaga Naquuvgocta: Master Demonslayer, and to show how unlucky this was I will tell you his approxomite stats, for I never got a screenshot.
Wrestler: 40X Legendary.
Shield user: 45X Legendary.
Armor user: 25X Legendary
Crossbow use: 25X Legendary.
All other weapons: At Least Competent.
Swimming: Fatal to try  ;)

While many of you will asume that he died because of drowning this is not true. Our story starts in a Dwarven Fortress by the name of Standardrinsed. Yaaga was wandering around aimlessly after his defeat of the demon Bosa Brandurn, and happened upon the town accidentaly. The dwarves had heard tell that a demonslayer had arised, and were shocked when he showed them the body, which had lost its left leg and arm (those he carried with him as well). They sung praises and partied and let him stay as long as he liked, and many engravers began to engrave the story into every room that they could find. But what they didn't know, that though he was fresh from the kill of a demon, he was also fresh from the murder of 12 elves, a goblin city, and most everyone in 4 human towns. His life training against the undead had filled his brain with miasma, slowly rotting it, and he had become very unstable. While most of his visit had passed without incident, on a day near his departure, he went to a dwarf metalsmith with a simple request: a set of steel armor to replace his own iron set which had rusted through almost completely. He was fairly certain that the production of steel required iron, so he offered to let him smelt down his own armor and weapons (Of these he had plenty, you can guess where he got them...) to make production easier. The craftsman told him it would not do and Yaaga was outraged, arms of a DEMONSLAYER couldn't make good equipment? In a rage, he took his sword and swung it at the dwarfs chest, which split in half like butter. Then all hell broke loose. The dwarves had to do something, so they decided crossbowmen would do the trick. They would turn him into a pincushion, for he had, in his rage, killed eight more innocent dwarves. They'd seen many a proud fool fall to such tactics, despite legendary deeds. But this was no mere adventurer. Every bolt missed its mark as he dodged lithely out of the way, those that the wind sent at him, he blocked as though it were a blade of grass. Every crossbowman he killed gave him more ammunition for he was throwing and firing bolts like few others could. However, he missed one bolt and it caught his shoulder, making him that much more enraged. He threw his crossbow at the man, stoving his head in and sending him flying, and ripped out the bolt, which he now used as a weapon. Even with other dwarves attempting to wrestle him down, he killed almost every last dwarf in that fortress. But there was one, one he had missed. As he walked to the top of a tower, he spied a crossbowman, the last one... he simply had to rush him, then he could go ask worthier dwarves for a steel set of armor. However, one last bolt made its mark, and his shield fell to the ground in a clatter, as his hand and most of his fingers were mangled. Another shot taken, he instinctively jumped away from the wind... which happened to send him over the edge of the tower, on a two-story fall to the bottom. Many bones broke when he landed, but that was a small matter to him, they would heal given time... he thought he was safe, so he began to crawl away. But, he was still shieldless, and he heard the whiz of the bolt before it hit him, and he knew where it was coming. Then he felt a half a second of pain in his head before it all was gone, as was he... and so ended Yaaga Naquuvgocta: Master Demonslayer.

Seening as I got his stats so high I thought he deserved a story to go with this most unfortunate of deaths. Unfortunate for me anyway, that marksdwarf is probably eating down all the food in the fortress and living large in what was the mayors room, before he'll decide living alone is getting old, and tell them that the fortress was taken, and only he survived. Good for the world too, as I would have killed every living person in every single city.
Minister of Luck - I directly affect everything in an indirect way that may or may not amount to anything! Yay me!

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes catoblepi for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2009, 05:56:12 pm »

I was testing a new poisonous creature I added for my mod, and I came across a giant leopard, so I decided I'd try out how effective my creature's poisonous pincers were, so I dropped my spear and rushed it....turns out the pincers don't do much damage at all...after ~50 rounds there were about a dozen bug chunks lying around, I was missing my shield arm, and was covered with red wounds. The giant leopard had taken no damage from my pincers or attempts to strangle it. Eventually we started collapsing from exhaustion. Eventually, realizing I couldn't possibly win the battle at the rate I was going at, I resorted to picking up my own chunks/limbs/strewn equipment and throwing them at the thing. I managed to kill it by crawling away to my spear while it was stunned and throwing it at the thing. I gained a level in wrestling, armor use, and throwing, but I lost one arm at the shoulder and an eye. I traveled away as soon as I could, seeing as I had red wounds on just about every body part.....and was promptly ambushed and devoured by a pack of ravenous cat-badger monsters.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2009, 07:12:44 pm »

Well, your attacks should be 1-6 or better, you might want [NOEXERT], and more DAMBLOCK

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes catoblepi for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2009, 07:17:03 pm »

Well, of course upping the damage of the bite attack was one of the first things I did as soon as the fight was over. Still, poor guy must have been one ugly feller to behold after loosing all of those body parts.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5