Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The month-end project!  (Read 5428 times)

Kardos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The month-end project!
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2009, 09:48:09 am »

It is, in fact, a scifi sim, just like DF is a complete open ended high fantasy world simulator, the month end project is a complete open ended space opera simulator. that is, it will simulate the trajectories of every star in the galaxy, and it will have giant starships you can design, and then walk around talking whit the individual crew members or so anything, and it'll have features beyond your puny mortal comprehension.

Nah, someone is kinda already doing that (though without walking on ships because he doesn't really have enough money for it)

/off-topic
Bah..too bad that I don't like space MMORPGs. Also, there is EVE Online, which is very popular, isn't it? This upcoming game must be very unique & awesome in order to be successful I guess.
Take a look at WoW. Lot of fantasy MMORPGs have been released in the last couple of years, yet WoW is far the most popular fantasy MMORPG still.
/on
Thats bcause you see WoW advertising everyhwere.
EVE is only fun if you like enforced mandatory PVP.  Otherwise its nothing but endless hours of 1.0 space mining... over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2009, 12:08:19 pm »

Look, it dosnt have anything to do whit any other bay12 game. And Toady dosnt work whit filthy capitalists no mater how awesome games they make.

It is, in fact, a scifi sim, just like DF is a complete open ended high fantasy world simulator, the month end project is a complete open ended space opera simulator. that is, it will simulate the trajectories of every star in the galaxy, and it will have giant starships you can design, and then walk around talking whit the individual crew members or so anything, and it'll have features beyond your puny mortal comprehension.
It will be Beyond Quality.
remember, DF is paid for by the people who play it, not some company or government, meaning this is the ultimate form of capitalism

axus

• Bay Watcher
  • Axe Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2009, 09:06:03 am »

I'm fairly certain I know what it is, as a number of clues hidden in Toady's recent audio interviews has given me insight into things I'd previously overlooked.

So, make a prediction already!

I still think its something graphical and pretty, to take a break from DF.  I don't think it's anything multiplayer, since Toady doesn't seem to care for that sort of thing.  Maybe he's just playing a WoW subscription ;p

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2009, 09:11:17 pm »

EVE is only fun if you like enforced mandatory PVP.  Otherwise its nothing but endless hours of 1.0 space mining... over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

I remember my two week free trial of that game. During that time, I rallied up a dozen other noobs and we took turns crashing into the giant warships of other players, which cost them millions of dollars.

Us in free ships - ZERG RUSH!!! KEKEKEKEKE!

Them - NOOOO!!! I spent all my money on that! whyyyyyyyyy?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2009, 04:27:10 am »

I remember my two week free trial of that game. During that time, I rallied up a dozen other noobs and we took turns crashing into the giant warships of other players, which cost them millions of dollars.

Us in free ships - ZERG RUSH!!! KEKEKEKEKE!

Them - NOOOO!!! I spent all my money on that! whyyyyyyyyy?
We have GOT to that with Quantum Storage.
Once I actually have time to play the damn game, anyway.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2009, 05:17:06 am »

Ahh good old Eve how I miss thee :(
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2009, 05:44:43 am »

Take it to PMs, spaceheads! 

Again, I rest confident in my realization of what the project is.   You too can join me, if you follow the clues Toady's left.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2009, 07:01:58 am »

I still think its something graphical and pretty, to take a break from DF. 

That is very unlikely.  :D

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2009, 09:05:16 am »

Take it to PMs, spaceheads! 

Again, I rest confident in my realization of what the project is.   You too can join me, if you follow the clues Toady's left.

Oh, I know what it is too now!
*Stares smugly at everyone who doesn't have time to search through the clues*

It's a Hidden Fun Stuff Generator. From now on, Playing with Hidden Fun Stuff is easier.

You know, Toady was kind when he told you all that he was doing anything except laying on the couch all weekend or end of the month. If he doesn't want to reveal it at this time, then it shouldn't be revealed at this time. Preventing the Hype until he has something for us to play with. Stop Speculating!

Unless he wants us to speculate, in which case we need to stop speculating in order to thwart him...

I'm so confused...
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2009, 09:08:50 am »

I thought the end-of month stuff was actually toady sleeping after working non stop 24 hours a day for 20+ days...
MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.
Pages: 1 2 [3]