Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: So, uh, am I screwed?  (Read 3029 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
So, uh, am I screwed?
« on: February 22, 2009, 08:29:53 pm »

I'm stuck in the middle of the human town I just slaughtered, and apparently my leg's been mangled so bad I can't move.  Is there any way to get out of this alive, or am I eventually going to starve to death?  Can wounds heal over time in Adventurer mode?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: So, uh, am I screwed?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 08:50:25 pm »

How can you not move?  You have actually tried moving, right?  If not, try it.  If you can get out of the town's boundries, you can use T to travel and you're wounds will be healed magically.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 10:55:34 pm »

Yeah, I've tried moving a lot and it hasn't gotten me anywhere.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 11:10:41 pm »

Only one way out then.

Kill evry single living being in the town. Then you can leave.

Sure you are not running against something like a palm tree? Try to stand up (s)

Mook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 01:09:53 am »

I didn't think it was possible to be totally immobilized in this game, as even if your arms and legs are broken you can still bite and squirm around.

Were you shot by a lot of crossbows during the fight, or stabbed/cut by a lot of melee weapons?  If your gear is too heavy and you have an extra half-ton of iron in your torso from stuck weapons then that might be the problem.  Try dropping one of your heavier armor pieces and see if it gives you some mobility.  If that's the cause then you can pick it back up and try dropping lighter items until you can crawl away with your more valuable stuff.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 01:11:51 am by Mook »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 05:38:50 am »

Even if you were carrying a game-breaking megastone, your displayed speed will never go below 1.  It's simply not possible to be stuck in place.

Did you get knocked into a dry pond?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

1sauber1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 07:01:18 am »

The average human town has lots of crossbows, you were probably struck in the spine bad enough to make you a Quadriplegic, I.E., you have no control below the neck.
(I don't even know if this is possible in Adventure mode so feel free to throw !!Dwarven Rum Barrel!!s at me if I'm wrong)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 01:12:39 pm »

I've figured out the problem; a farmer tried to wrestle me earlier, and instead of breaking his grip I just killed him.  Apparently, however, his grip was just so strong that even after death (and having the limb grabbing me chopped off) the game thinks he's still wrestling me, and so I can't move until I break his grip, which won't happen because I already killed him...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 01:15:39 pm »

Never get into a deathfight with a farmer.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 01:54:27 pm »

Try to r-emove the arm or whatever or to t-hrow it

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 05:31:26 pm »

And definitely report this in the bugs section if that's the case.

Are you blinking purple? That's the sign of a grapple.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 06:42:26 pm »

If you are blinking between being an @ and a white X, then you are unconscious and need to wait (the . key) until it wears off.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 07:00:24 pm »

Try going to sleep?
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

Twad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2009, 10:49:01 pm »

while im here..

I tried adventurer mode for the first time today.. isnt too "hard" but controls are confusing at best (i find it ridicoulously long to remove stuff.. it all goes in my hand?! i had like 5 barrels, some armor and all sort of things in one hand! Had to throw them).. I prefer using a hammer because it doesnt stay stuck in my victims.
But what kills me the most are stange happenings and deathtraps; Once i spawned into a dry pond; so im basicaly dead. THe next i get kicked in a full pond.. but i cant move out of it! (And then drowned)
 Any tip?

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2009, 10:51:30 pm »

A dry pond, you can simply Travel back out of, provided you're not hostile to the local area (like if you steal/murder in a city, for example)
A wet one, you might be able to Alt-move back out of.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries
Pages: [1] 2